PDA

View Full Version : 1/16th mini Revo on the way!

ling427ttvette
07-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Found a killer deal on one.

Got it for $250 with a second battery and a series connector. Normally the Revo by itself is around $290, spare battery is about $22, and the series connector is about $8, and according to the guy he ran it twice.

50mph and wheelies on demand here I come! :bigwink: :nod:

Donziikid
07-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Be sure to post up plenty of pictures when you get it! Possibly even a video!

Surprised you didn't go for a Slash considering you have the 1:10th Slash. I'm not entirely sure on what the differences are between the Slash and the Revo, but it seems just a switch of a body and removal of a wing and you'll have a little Slash! :) That would certainly be pretty cool.

Cheers,
Kyle.

ling427ttvette
07-19-2009, 09:27 PM
From the tons of reading I've been doing, the Slash has different gears and spring rates, and the obvious aesthetic parts like bumpers and what not. Other than that they are essentially the same.

And yes, plenty of pictures will come. Right now the camera is packed away though (moving this weekend, probably when the Revo will show :lol: )

And video will be a definite. I'm so stoked to get it, I've been drooling since they were revealed to come out.

ling427ttvette
07-22-2009, 06:47 PM
So, I found what to do if I ever get bored with the stock VXL in the Revo..

Upgrade it to hold a 540 motor. And I have that MM 5700 still..

http://www.tenbol.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4grFegmDWHw

How it runs with a 540 BL motor.

Donziikid
07-22-2009, 08:30 PM
That's not insanity, that's suicidal.. :o

AeroSynch
07-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Nice deal!

Do you mind telling me where you got such a good deal?
I am planning on getting one.

Sweed
07-22-2009, 10:17 PM
That's not insanity, that's suicidal.. :o

Jesus. It's like driving... driving.. backflip... driving.

Epic. I want a 1/16th Brushless E-Revo with Dual 540's..

Donziikid
07-22-2009, 10:41 PM

That I would love to see. :lol:

ling427ttvette
07-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Jesus. It's like driving... driving.. backflip... driving.

Hell why not throw a 775 (or is it 770?) in there? :lol:

Aerosynch, I got it from a member on the Traxxas forums. They are going like hot cakes on there right now, they are usually sold within a few hours of the posting of the thread.

There's a couple really good deals for them right now on there, if they aren't sold yet.

And, I should have it in my hands tomorrow morning.. so it can ride around in my truck all day before I get to go home and play with it, after I take care of other errands as well.. have to sign my life away for the house I just bought when I get off work. :nod:

Sweed
07-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Hell why not throw a 775 (or is it 770?) in there? :lol:

My new dream RC is a dual 10,000kv+ 540/770 Brushless 1/16 Revo.

You could gear that to the sky and back and have no problems.

ling427ttvette
07-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Haven't had much of a chance to update yet, finally getting settled into my house. God it feels so good saying MY house. I love it! :cool:

Anyways, I got it last Thursday. Ran it three times so far. My very first run I didn't mess around, I went straight for both batteries with the series connector (14.4v baby!) and let me say that at a dead stop, giving it half throttle will flip it onto it's lid. I went straight for a speed run to, I think 50mph is a safe bet because holy CRAP it's fast. My jaw was on the ground the whole time.

My next two runs were off of just one battery, it's still an absolute blast. Still wheelies, only MUCH more controllable. I think it's more fun with 7.2v, so I am going to get a parallel connector soon.

I need to dial in my suspension now, having a lot of rolls.. I set it pretty hard because it was very very soft when I first got it.

No pics of it, looks just like any other mini Revo.. although quite small next to my Slash. :lol:

I plan to get a small video soon now that the camera is un-packed. If anyone is thinking about getting one, DO IT.