PDA

View Full Version : New wheels and tires for my Mini Revo!

Stampedekid
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Guys check it out! These things are killer and run amazingly check it out!
http://beatyourtruck.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58087
Mods I hope you guys don't mind me linking to another forum for this do ya?
Also don't mind the reversed tread, it doesn't matter with these its because I glued them all facing the same way, it wouldn't matter if I switched sides it would still be the same direction.

Donziikid
07-14-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't mind links as well as you don't promote the website. Posting pictures here on XMS would be a little easier for many of us, though. ;)

Awesome! Rims look very nice as well!

Also, score on the Storm. I love mine.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Stampedekid
07-14-2009, 09:58 PM
I don't mind links as well as you don't promote the website. Posting pictures here on XMS would be a little easier for many of us, though. ;)

Awesome! Rims look very nice as well!

Also, score on the Storm. I love mine.

Cheers,
Kyle.
Alright sure thing Donzii and thanks. And yeah the Storm is awesome have it for about a week or 2 now. Ok so I'll post the pictures right here. Yeah I wouldn't want to spam or advertise another forum on here, I just think its a bit easier to post a link to a thread, just personal preferences. ;)

This was posted yesterday but here's what I said on BYT.
Well as some of you know, my rear stock tires on my Mini were bald from running RWD while I waited for my yokes, well found a killer deal on eBay for the complete shafts bought um and they came soon as I got home from the LHS. Talk about fast shipping(bought um on thursday) but that's beside the point. From being so bald and having bad gluing, I used my better glue and that held the tires on a ton better, except at WOT on 12 cells, caused one to blow out, I'll get pics of the tire tomorrow. So a trip to the LHS and knowing what I wanted though I thought I was gonna walk out with pre-glued Traxxas Rear Anacondas for the Bandit. Well the Bandit wheel did not use a Hex(the rear one) it used a pin so that was off. Well I found some HPI Super Star rims, found the chrome ones but the black ones were cheaper and I want mine to have a more stealthy look. Well guess what I walked out with? Those rims and Traxxas Rear Anacondas for the Bandit, they mounted up perfectly and they look killer. So when I tested it, man it hooks up like crazy and grips the street like glue! Its planted very very well, but I didn't expect it to hook up on the front lawn and the dirt on it too(lotsa dirt from the new cesspool, its been in for months, then covered the sand with dirt recently)and it ripped in that. It suprised me. Ok enough blabbering onto the pictures. Oh wait, my camera is upstate! Dangit not going back till thursday but I recently got a Blackberry Storm so it was time to test the camera in it. Pretty good enjoy my two pics. By the way being the tires are bigger, the ground clearance is better and I'm yet to have the chassis bottom out on me now. Also I have noticed a slightly greater top speed from running these
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t142/xmodracer1/SU1HMDAwMjYtMjAwOTA3MTMtMTYwOS5qcGc.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t142/xmodracer1/SU1HMDAwMjktMjAwOTA3MTMtMTYxMC5qcGc.jpg

ling427ttvette
07-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Put up some pics with the body on! Those look good man. I've been looking at options for other tires as well for when I get mine. I don't think I want to go that tall though.

What kind of batteries were you running when you busted the yokes? Just stock or what? Are they a weak point on these? Mine will be VXL also.

Stampedekid
08-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Put up some pics with the body on! Those look good man. I've been looking at options for other tires as well for when I get mine. I don't think I want to go that tall though.

What kind of batteries were you running when you busted the yokes? Just stock or what? Are they a weak point on these? Mine will be VXL also.

Sorry it took over a month just havent bothered with my comp lately. I was running dual tenergy 1400mAh 6 cell batteries in series for a total of 12 cells and was attempting standing flips on stock gearing and stock tires. Never do standing flips with these little buggers. Now I have radared it on stock gearing, my tire and wheel combo and my battery and have gotten a top speed of 55.1mph so not too shabby. Switching this to 2.4GHz once I get the money and hopefully picking up the new JConcepts body, and center diff later on at the LHS to help keep that front planted at top speed. Also switchin to 3S and foams soon for onroad and pickin up some JConcepts Goosebumps once LHS gets em for practice out on the track and offroad and whatnot.

GearHeadV8
08-20-2009, 01:13 PM
wow looks great mine should be here next monday. what does the center diff do. also can you pm me the links or post pics of the body and goosebumps your talkin about

again beautiful

Stampedekid
08-20-2009, 01:41 PM
wow looks great mine should be here next monday. what does the center diff do. also can you pm me the links or post pics of the body and goosebumps your talkin about

again beautiful

Yeah sure thing. The center diff helps equalize the power between the front and rear tires and helps with coming out of corners. Lots of good reviews and when you are either a speed freak or planning to race(like me) then a wheelie could result in trouble at high speeds or on the track. Wheelies are fun but on 12 cells when its wheelie after wheelie after wheelie, it gets old after a while. And the Goosebumps need to be mounted on 4WD Buggy wheels and the body is on JConcepts' site.

GearHeadV8
08-20-2009, 07:04 PM
cool thanks for the help. i might get one to cause liek you said wheelies can bee fun but will get old fast lol. ill make a wheelie bar down the line lol

Stampedekid
08-20-2009, 08:33 PM
cool thanks for the help. i might get one to cause liek you said wheelies can bee fun but will get old fast lol. ill make a wheelie bar down the line lol

Well they(my LHS) didn't have the diff but they ordered me one. Early september, just in time for racing! I did get some spare clips, dubro clip retainers(work great on my nitro pede too) and a spare spur gear just in case.

ling427ttvette
08-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Yeah I found out the hard way standing back flips are bad once I discovered the Revo could do it.. popped a u-joint out and lost it. Got some stock replacements for now and a guy is sourcing some steel CVD's for me for a good price.. hopefully soon.

Where's those pics with the body on dang it?!

GearHeadV8
08-21-2009, 01:31 AM
How do I do a standing back flip....just put it on the rear wheels an floor it?

ling427ttvette
08-22-2009, 12:30 AM
How do I do a standing back flip....just put it on the rear wheels an floor it?

Mine was just doing it without me touching anything.. just sitting there, hit the throttle, back flip.. keep going.

This was with two batteries in a series.

GearHeadV8
08-22-2009, 12:33 AM
oh okay lol i just can't wait for it to get here on monday lol. any update with the lights ling?

Aso xmodracer1 any pics with the body on yet lol

Stampedekid
08-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Guys I do have pics with the body on geez hold on jk. Just keep effin up my ESC. Also somehow my 2 tenergys fully discharged themselves so for 2 days i felt like an idiot trying to figure out why my Traxxas pack would work but my Tenergy ones wouldn't. Now also I need a new wing from bashin it upstate :P Gotta bring it into the LHS too because..more ESC issues ugh LOL This is why I prefer Castle Brushless systems :P Switchin to either a MM 5700 and Tenbol Motor mount or Neu 1112 1Y and Quark 65a Roadster(or Mamba ESC). And the reason for no body shots as of now, got some work cut out for it for well uh, that is top secret :P Also the body is all hacked up for cooling but yeah. It was nice and cool this morning at my camper upstate never made it into the 70s all day which is fairly cool so it was perfect for running, never thermaled once. And NO I don't do standing flips anymore. I did them before parts were really available and for 2 weeks it was RWD because of them dang standing flips. Eventually ordered complete shafts off of eBay but yeah.