PDA

View Full Version : Alloy axles

mycrors4
07-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Hey guys, i was going to buy some GPM parts for my f150 and for the axles on the CVD, is it long enough for the to fit the off-road upgrade kit or is it too short, and if it is too short where can i find longer ones?

i tried searching but didnt find anything

dontspamme
07-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Their too short, there are no longer ones. You can use GPM dogbones, but you will need to use this tutorial,

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11086&highlight=Lift+dogbones

And search a little harder next time, I found the answer to your question in 5 minutes.

mycrors4
07-14-2009, 05:29 PM
kk thnx, and now im wondering if all the GPM parts are stock ones? cause then there would be no point of buying the towers and arms(personally i think they should put more info on GPM parts so we know this stuff)

Bananabrain
07-14-2009, 05:44 PM
All the GPM parts are stock parts, just in metal form. :D
But you can mix like an off road upgrade with almost full GPM you just can't get GPM Towers or lower arms or CVD but you can get a GPm Dog bone then a gpm axel, so it will work like the CVD but it will be two seperate pieces & you will have to use the tut that was posted above & put a spring in the axel.
Hope this helps.

asda653
07-18-2009, 02:07 AM
just interjecting here - is there then any real advantage to GPM besides the aesthetic? Are these "precise suspension parts" in reality going to do nothing for my handling?

mycrors4
07-18-2009, 03:19 AM
nothing but more durability maybe better handling and the color =/

dontspamme
07-18-2009, 03:53 AM
They are a lot more precise, so that does mean less play in your drivetrain.

zippo855
07-18-2009, 10:13 AM
if you pair them with the gpm alloy diffs they will work just fine, i can shoot osme pics later if you'd like. and remember that the front ant rear axles are diff lengths, so you can always get 2 of the longer ones.

mycrors4
07-18-2009, 01:09 PM
if you pair them with the gpm alloy diffs they will work just fine, i can shoot osme pics later if you'd like. and remember that the front ant rear axles are diff lengths, so you can always get 2 of the longer ones.

i was looking at GPM parts and i didnt find longer truck axles =/ do you know where you can find em? and some pics would be helpful

dontspamme
07-18-2009, 04:59 PM
i was looking at GPM parts and i didnt find longer truck axles =/ do you know where you can find em? and some pics would be helpful

They won't say longer or shorter, but they say "front" or "rear". I believe the front ones are the longer ones, but I can't remember off the top of my head and your better off at getting someone to clearify it for you.