PDA

View Full Version : Mini-t overhual

supraracer
07-09-2009, 09:18 PM
well i posted up a thread of my mini-t basher but i have now completely overhauled the mini with the help Exotek.
Before:
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/wildman99/Built-t3.jpg

After:
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/wildman99/Mxb2.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/wildman99/Mxb1.jpg

the mamba system will be moved to my rc18t tek18, and this will be getting my tekin B1R and brushed motor, not sure which motor(suggestions appreciated).

Comments Welcome

winner
07-09-2009, 09:21 PM
lol is there any reason you have street tires in the back and off road tires in the front? is that a extended chassis??

looks cool! have fun with it!

supraracer
07-09-2009, 09:50 PM
The rear tires are only fro pics with the white rims, I have another set of those on the way along with new pin tires.
Yes this is the exotek MXB Pro which is 40mm longer then the stock.
Wednesday ill be taking it to the track for the first time and see what i need to tweak

reaper
07-10-2009, 06:23 PM
iv found both the orion big block and the stump puller motors are very good in the mini-t ... but still like my mamba :)

civicblack10
07-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Im running the team orion baja mod motor in mine and matched with a 2S lipo it really rips and holds 15ft wheelies. Much better motor then stock. I was thinking about getting a mamba but my setup feeds my speed hunger.

supraracer
07-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Yea i love my mamba too but the track is too small for mamba and everyone there( small group 8 ppl max) runs nimh brushed setups so im switching this to that.
My second mamba system will be going into my other mini-t Custom project, Project LiveWire, based off of mountain dew livewire( best soda ever).

Well back to this, i took it out for a run last night and im having some steering problems it wont turn left and when i turn it on the wheels point slightly right. I tried centering the servo but that didnt fix it and my servo will only turn less then 90 degrees so i think its a problem with that.

cowboysir03
07-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Well back to this, i took it out for a run last night and im having some steering problems it wont turn left and when i turn it on the wheels point slightly right. I tried centering the servo but that didnt fix it and my servo will only turn less then 90 degrees so i think its a problem with that.

It's king of a dark picture but it looks like your pivot linkage is on a pretty extreme angle.

Is there enough room to move the pivot ball on the servo to the back side of the servo arm? This might give you a straight angle on your linkage and free up the travel of your servo.

supraracer
07-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Yes you are correct i fixed that by trimming down the mount were the ball stud goes into, the turnbuckle is almost striaght now( i tried the backside first but it was still much of an angle) that helped the servo as in it turns faster now but it still does not turn enough in either direction. i tried moving the servo back to the center of the chassis by adding a new mounting hole, there are different options for different servos but none were center for the hs-55, so im not sure what to do.
i guess ill pick up a saddle pack for the rc18 and get that going till i can figure this out.

cowboysir03
07-12-2009, 10:12 PM
So you set the servo arm in "center" position on the servo outer gear? It sounds a bit stupid but did you test the servo for center before mounting the arm?

One time I pulled a rush rebuild of my Mini-T and mounted everything up before I plugged in the servo to the receiver and powered it to test for center. I then found out that i had mounted it quite a bit off to one side and after I adjusted it on my controller I only had about 15-20 degrees one way and full lock the other way....

I'm sure this isn't the problem (since it came from your other T) but you could investigate that idea on a fluke...