PDA

View Full Version : E-Maxx vs. Mini-Revo

Sweed
07-01-2009, 06:26 PM
So, I can buy a pretty much NIB 2nd Gen E-Maxx (black chassis) with batteries and charger for $250 (I have a charger already..) or I was considering picking up the 1/16 scale Revo RTR. Having driven a full sized Nitro-Revo, I know how well it handles and such.

But for the money (it's almost the same), which one would be better? It'll be doing heavy off-road bashing (jumps/ramps) and will at some point see PVC tires and drifting.

Donziikid
07-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Moved to Misc. Electric per request.

E-Maxx. That platform has proven time and time again to be very versatile and work very well in all sorts of situations. Also, it's a well based platform that's already out there and replacement parts and upgrade parts are found everywhere if you break something.

SPR
07-01-2009, 08:18 PM
for bashing/jumps like your looking for. go for the emaxx.

revo for racing.

clintr79
07-01-2009, 08:38 PM
If your going to be juming and bashing go with the e maxx
If you want to run in short grass and onroad go with the mini e revo.

I think the e maxx will handle the jumps and bashing alot better than the mini e revo.I had a older version of the e maxx and it was built tough.just get some decent mah batteries for it so you have a good run time.

Stampedekid
07-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I'd have to say opposite. It really depends on the scale because honestly I think there is no comparsion. That being said I have driven an E-Maxx but never owned one and I own a 1/16 E-Revo VXL and I absolutely love it. Handles just like the 1/10 version and is tough as nails. I've beaten mine up(jump wise) crashed it at 50mph(just some road rash) done wheelies and all the works. Out of the box at 30mph its still pretty fast for a mini and wheelies almost on demand then add another battery pack and a series connector and prepare to hold on for the ride. Personally I would say go for the 1/16 E-Revo VXL but now there is also a 1/16 E-Revo Brushed I'll post it in another thread in a minute