PDA

View Full Version : A new theme for my Slash, done on a strict budget.

ling427ttvette
06-17-2009, 10:07 PM
I decided I wanted a different look for my Slash, and currently all of my money is being saved to buy a house.. so a new body was out of the question.

So, I decided I don't need something pretty or professional as I beat the crap out of my truck and actually drive it.

Well, I work as a FedEx delivery driver.. and I always see Monster themed Slash's, or the typical Amsoil and Fabtech that seem to be so popular.

I wanted something different.. so I have a FedEx themed Slash. Done with $1 spray paint and $2 in Sharpies. :nod: :lol:

So far it's coming out alright, but I think I might have to re-do the FedEx logos with model paint to make it look a little better, didn't fill in like I hoped for.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ling427ttvette/IMG_0458.jpg

Got the old stickers that I might try to put a few back on in place.. might put a big logo on the hood.. but it's definitely something different for now.

Once I get a new place and some spare money, I might try to do an actual good looking one.

ling427ttvette
06-18-2009, 05:10 PM
What, no love for the FedEx Slash? Dang. I thought people might be interested in seeing something other than the norm.

winner
06-18-2009, 08:38 PM
:bigwink: lol it looks different? lol it would be better if u made it a ups truck and ran it around the office

ling427ttvette
06-18-2009, 08:53 PM
I couldn't run it around in the office, my office is a 27 foot long delivery truck. And I don't really have the spare time for play so it wouldn't work out.

Anyways, here's the finished version. When I pulled the masking off it pulled lots of paint with it, at first I got mad but then I remembered there's no use in it being pretty, it's first run will probably ruin the paint anyway. :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ling427ttvette/IMG_0459.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ling427ttvette/IMG_0460-1.jpg

Those are all the old stickers, somehow I managed to keep them in one piece when pulling them off.

It's not pretty, but it's not the same Slash you see all the time either which makes me happy. I highly doubt there's another one like this.

supraracer
06-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Liken the idea, i think you should make the fedEx part larger to fill in more of the area between the wheels

texan_idiot25
06-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Is this why my stuff is always broken in transit?

Desert truck delivery?

Stampedekid
06-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Messy cutting and sharpie but it looks ok. I hope you painted the inside or you'll be scratching that body up.

Bananabrain
06-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Thats cool, to bad the paint couldn't have been, better but hey shapies & spray paint don't do a very good job, but it looks decent for what you used to paint it.

ling427ttvette
06-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Like the title says, it was a strict budget. And I don't want it to be pretty anyway, it's a beater body.. I drive this thing like a mad man.

And yes the outside is painted.. would have done no good painting the inside of an already painted body. ;)

It's already scratched and cracked.. but that's fine, doesn't matter to me. Looks aren't important when you're having fun.

Donziikid
06-22-2009, 10:28 PM
It's already scratched and cracked.. but that's fine, doesn't matter to me. Looks aren't important when you're having fun.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Took that wayyy out of context.

Anyway.. *ahem*

It looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see what you can do with a fresh body.