PDA

View Full Version : whats up,,coming to you from iraq

dragonman
03-14-2005, 05:57 PM
hey, i am new to this site and pretty much new to xmod but i have been arround the rc world a long time and just thought i would go mini for awhile. anyways i am stuck in iraq and trying to build the most tricked out xmod for performance i can. i was wondering has anyone ordered from this site yet. i placed and order about a week or so ago and they had no problem charging my card but i havent heard a word on shipping or anything. if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

jimmythekid1
03-14-2005, 06:25 PM
I have never ordered any thing, I was waiting to here about some one elses experinces ordering form this site or others, keep us posted.

dragonman
03-14-2005, 06:32 PM
i promise as soon as i know something i will let everyone know something. i have no problem talking good about a buisness that deserves it but i also have no problem talking bad about them if i feel they suck at thier job. hopefully thats not the case here.

XRL15thplaceskyline
03-14-2005, 06:32 PM
i know the guy that runs this site, and you can all trust him :nod:

xmod
03-14-2005, 09:10 PM
I havent gotten any orders from iraq. Email me with the details, I'll let you know the status. Sorry - Dean

[email protected]

jpringlephoto
03-15-2005, 12:14 AM
Hey peeps in Iraq.

I am sure that the cats here in the store area will send to you whatever they have in stock. You two just have to work out the mailing details.
I am sure that you might help it by working on your end as to the safest (allowable) method of shipment. There is always the security issue, and I hope you are smart enough NOT to disclose it here.
Other than that, I hope you and a few more, trick out a few XMODS, and race. Perhaps a few of you can write to Radio Shack and have them ship a few stock models out to you cats. I know that having down time gets intense and you are not as free to roam as other (deployments) in the past. After that order away from this and a few other sites.
The boys and few gals here can give you some great information on upgrades.

dragonman
03-15-2005, 06:08 PM
well my address wont show iraq. it will show apo ae. and my email is a yahoo. there is no real secret about the apo thing and of course once it gets to the apo it will still take about 2 to 3 weeks to get to me but i just want assurance that it has left on xmods end. i do appreciate the help though. and s**t i wish radio shack or someone would send some xmods this way with a track. i am sure we would find a place to set it up and race. and i dont know how yet but i plan on posting pics of my xmod as i build it. starting with a supra and basicly rebuilding from the ground up. any tips i will greatly appreciate. thanks everyone

jpringlephoto
03-27-2005, 01:17 PM
The CF decking is a big step for RS, and the clear chassis is a good addition, since we sometimes set the screws too tight and crack the plastic.

I would definitely suggest this for a fast car:

CF chassis with CF decks
Shielded bearings
CF drive shaft
Extra tires and glue
Binding wire to make a rear shock stabilizer for your contact patch.
RS shock upgrade kit.
GPM metal joint cups and shaft dogs
GPM (2/56) self locking nuts and (4-mm) nut driver.
1/8th washers for wheel spacers.
GPM front end knuckles and steering plate (+) 1 degree
Aluminum rims (the spinning mass help to keep the car propelled).
Lithium battery and charger. www.batteryspace.com
RS 4WD upgrade kit

The motor and FETS are another level. A Stock blue stage 2 motor with NEO magnets and a BB can is fast enough unless you are REALLY GOOD at driving.

Another Plus item is changing your battery and motor wires to 16AWG
Deans mini plugs are what most of us use.

The other GPM aluminum parts are sort of top end, in that they transfer torque throughout the CF chassis with a stiffer rate, which puts more rubber on the blacktop, instead of losing it through the plastic parts flexing.

I have a few suggestions here...
http://jpringlephoto.com/XMOD/pgs/HotWheels.htm

I hear that the draft age just went up to 39...LOL!!!
Maybe a few of us will get to go there and watch your 6...
:P
TKS for leading the spear and banner.

jpringlephoto
05-04-2005, 12:30 AM
OK, so I am trying to (lighten) the car as drastically as I can...
I worked on a project tonight that I have to test run.
I went to www.batteryspace.com and ordered some really tiny 150 mah batteries.
I have one pair of 170 mah batteries too...
So, OK, I took the 150's and made a wire harness for them, then double stick taped them on the car body. Now I will try to run them to see how long they last.
I have to take out the regular Li Ions for weight reduction.

The 150 Mah batteries took 15 minutes to charge as oppose to 45 minutes for the 750 mah batteries.
I am guessing that they will run for about ten minutes, but I am not worried about that, What I want is the lighter setup to see if there is much to gain in speed.

More on this later,
I'll edit later after I post the pics on my site, since I really do not know how to do it here... Yeah, as techie as I am, I have not figured this one out yet...
:P
John.
:nodno:
http://jpringlephoto.com/XMOD/pgs/lithionsmall.htm
It only ran for 3 seconds and at half speed...