PDA

View Full Version : pinion puller

Triniman05
03-13-2005, 03:41 PM
is there any other way to pull off a pinion without using a pinion puller?

viperdout
03-13-2005, 04:22 PM
is there any other way to pull off a pinion without using a pinion puller?

Yes, but they are all big pains, such as cutting a butter knife to fit over the arm, then heat the pinion up with a torch and pulling, and other things like that. My suggestion: pinion puller.

jimmythekid1
03-13-2005, 04:32 PM
you just got me thinking so I figured what the hell I would try it. I found this to work great. I used a hammer, a small hobby vice and a blot and a finishing nail. squeez the pinion gear in the vise(becarefull if your clamp it to tight you could damage the gear brass is soft). I knocked the shaft flush with the gear with the bolt then finsihed driving it off with the finishing nail. the nail must be small enogh to fit in the hole in the gear.

viperdout
03-13-2005, 04:35 PM
you just got me thinking so I figured what the hell I would try it. I found this to work great. I used a hammer, a small hobby vice and a blot and a finishing nail. squeez the pinion gear in the vise(becarefull if your clamp it to tight you could damage the gear brass is soft). I knocked the shaft flush with the gear with the bolt then finsihed driving it off with the finishing nail. the nail must be small enogh to fit in the hole in the gear.

Hmmm, that'd probably work too.

jimmythekid1
03-13-2005, 04:56 PM
this is my first time pulling one of these motors apart my self, the capacitors werea ***** to desolder, the case is a hugh heat sink. know that I have mine apart I remeber some one telling out there that these motors only have one commutator. i did not think that was true be couse I figure you would need at least two to make it spin. However I know have mine apart I seem to be counting three commutators, I'm I nuts or am I right? Also know that I have is little motor apart what good is it to have it apart?

minesskylineracer
03-13-2005, 05:05 PM
u can upgrade your brushes magnets or armature

napoleon_dynamite
03-13-2005, 08:52 PM
how much do pinion pullers cost?

Triniman05
03-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Thanks alot :bigwink:

minesskylineracer
03-15-2005, 02:40 PM
at a hobby shop there usually between 8 and 15 dollars

$$Chronic$$
03-18-2005, 11:26 PM
I used a pair of scissors to pull off my pinons.Just clinch the scissors on the pinon and pull.No pain.