PDA

View Full Version : July Competition, wanna be a judge??

bondo
06-09-2009, 06:42 PM
feel free to volunteer

we're looking for people to help with our new voting system and we need judges.
we're looking for responsible,mature individuals who would like to help out the site.

the way this is going to work is like this.
we've setup a "secret location" specifically for this comp and we're going to have 5 voting polls,one for each of the voting criteria.
1.patriotism
2.chassis
3.body
4.electronics
5.overall

if you are judging then once the polls are opened,you would go in and vote once in each of the 5 polls.
the winner is the member with the most accumulated points throughout the five polls.
if this works then there will be no more epic builds getting beat by a set of GPM rims and a stock body/chassis.

Judges
judges will be chosen from this thread by XMS staff at the end of the month.
we will be looking for mature,helpful and all around decent members.
we will also be looking into member feedback.(hope you havn't been naughty;))

two judges will be chosen per entrant with a maximum of 20 judges.
6 entrants = 12 judges
8 entrants = 16 judges
16 entrants = 20 judges

i hope i havn't over explained it like i often do,it's really pretty simple.
please though guys, we need your help to make this comp as fair as possible for everyone.
please throw your hat in by replying to this thread.

cheers,

Kaze
06-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Just to clarify, will judges be allowed to enter, or is it choose "Judge or Enter"

Either way, I'd like to be a judge, This would be my way of being active behind the scenes.

bondo
06-09-2009, 07:05 PM
yup, judge or enter.
we're trying to make this as fair as possible and not letting entrants vote simply removes that variable altogether.

and thank you.;)

XmodzICON82
06-09-2009, 07:17 PM
i wouldn't mind being a judge as well bondo..

KITT222
06-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I'll be a judge. I don't mind that I wont enter even though I purchased Xmodsinternationals American Flag F150. I would've gotten marks for 2 catagories, but thats it. I've seen peoples work, and I can't compete chassis-wise.

cowboysir03
06-09-2009, 07:50 PM
I can judge if you'd accept me. I don't have much time here but I hope you can base your selection on my past experiences elsewhere.:)

BART
06-09-2009, 08:40 PM
I do I do I do!!!!!!!!:)

bigez
06-09-2009, 08:52 PM
so just out of curiousity if this comp goes well then this how all the others will be and if this not go well than the comps will stay the same and if this is not the right place for this than lmk i will talk to someone in a pm about it

btw i would like to be a judge it would be fun

BART
06-09-2009, 08:57 PM
This is BETA voting. We want to see how this will work and for a long time Bondo has pushed for a way for voting to not be a popularity contest.

bigez
06-09-2009, 09:13 PM
This is BETA voting. We want to see how this will work and for a long time Bondo has pushed for a way for voting to not be a popularity contest.

ok i see i just thought i would ask

stang_racer
06-09-2009, 09:29 PM
alright ill bite since im way to lazy to build something my self and lack the time to build but i find my way on here every other night now ill volunteer for judging

FloydfanYodaman
06-09-2009, 09:52 PM
i'd love to be a judge...i'd like to think i'm old enough to make a neutral decision on all categories...a project is a project and i could care who less made it...few questions:

1.patriotism...i assume in future comps this would be trucks, muscle, tuners,open...basically the theme of the comp?...i know silly question butjust for clarification

2.sometimes the comps seem to be feast or famine with the amount of entries...there seem to be quite a few judge applicants in the threads above but not too many contest entrants...do you think one will take away from the other?

3. i had a couple other questions but i am drawing a blank...but kudos to management for taking someones suggestion and making an attempt on trying something different and new...i think this is another great way the site can improve and grow

4.Patriotism has got my head spinning...how do you put a cool spin on it...well if i dont get chosen to be a judge maybe i can muster up a lil patriotism of my own

TheB1GDude
06-09-2009, 09:54 PM
I would actually rather enter than judge so stay tuned for something from me :)

mr.hotrod
06-09-2009, 10:12 PM
i cant enter this comp so i would enter i can be very non bais i do not care who made the project if they put hard work in to it they are alright in my book
not just simple mods like rims and sending it off to atomic and calling it your own work

bondo
06-09-2009, 10:27 PM
I'll be a judge. I don't mind that I wont enter even though I purchased Xmodsinternationals American Flag F150. I would've gotten marks for 2 catagories, but thats it. I've seen peoples work, and I can't compete chassis-wise.

that's kind of the thing.
if you entered that truck and only got marks in 3 polls,(don't forget overall) it could still be enough for a W.
it all depends on what others are bringing.
to tell you the truth though,i'm not even sure if you could enter it since i built it.....;)
we'll have to wait on donzii to post the entry thread with the official rules.

Grats on buying it though,if i would have known it was for sale then i would have bought it back.:cool:

so just out of curiousity if this comp goes well then this how all the others will be and if this not go well than the comps will stay the same and if this is not the right place for this than lmk i will talk to someone in a pm about it

btw i would like to be a judge it would be fun
BART couldn't have said it any better.
BETA.
personally, i'd like to see the comps go this route but there's a few things that could go wrong over time.
we'll see how it all works out.

i'd love to be a judge...i'd like to think i'm old enough to make a neutral decision on all categories...a project is a project and i could care who less made it...few questions:

1.patriotism...i assume in future comps this would be trucks, muscle, tuners,open...basically the theme of the comp?...i know silly question butjust for clarification.
that really all depends on how well this month works out but yea,i guess that's the jist of it.

2.sometimes the comps seem to be feast or famine with the amount of entries...there seem to be quite a few judge applicants in the threads above but not too many contest entrants...do you think one will take away from the other?
not really,you put enough money infront of someone's nose and their bound to jump at it. the reward(s) hav'nt even been announced yet.;)
part of the reasoning for the money prize and extended deadline is to get peoples creativity going.
there might be a few posts above yours but that doesn't mean that people arent going to enter.
it just means that the people above can't find the time(myself included) to build.

3. i had a couple other questions but i am drawing a blank...but kudos to management for taking someones suggestion and making an attempt on trying something different and new...i think this is another great way the site can improve and grow.
thanks from all of us.
wether the majority realizes it or not,the staff here really does do alot to not only maintain the site but promote interest in the hobby.
ideas are constantly flowing to raise participation.

4.Patriotism has got my head spinning...how do you put a cool spin on it...well if i dont get chosen to be a judge maybe i can muster up a lil patriotism of my own.
i would'nt wait till last minute....;)

sorry i had to break that one up yoda.

SPR
06-09-2009, 10:29 PM
i dont have the cash to build an outstanding xmod sadly and defend my prize winning title :(

So id be game for judging. i think my reputation speaks well enough for its self. atleast i hope!

KITT222
06-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Got it. Regardless I really want to be a judge.

XMODification
06-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Since I haven't had time to get back into Custom Building biz I figure with my Knowledge and experience in the hobby I might aswell volunteer to be a judge for this one:bigwink: Should be interesting indeed:nod:

GearHeadV8
06-10-2009, 12:04 PM
I would like to be a judge i pretty much always really followed the rules from bondo not sucking up but i did sometimes just go for the nice one but mainly the one with the most work

spitfire
06-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Id love to but, ive got a realy cool idea for this months comp.

THE EDJ
06-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Count me in as a judge. I figure I been in this hobby long enough to know what's what.

fieldfairy2
06-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Edit: Never mind. lol. I am not going through with the car. I would like to be a judge?

reaper
06-10-2009, 03:28 PM
id like to put my name forward as a judge , i believe i fit the criteria ,and being a non American my decision would be unbiased

dontspamme
06-10-2009, 04:01 PM
For the amount of judges per entry, I think the numbers should be odd and not even. As it can end up 50/50. Change the numbers + 1 or - 1.

6 entrants = 11 or 13 Judges
8 entrants = 15 or 17 Judges
16 entrants = 19 or 21 Judges

And what if the number of enterents are in between ? What's the number of judges going to be ?

Thought I'd bring this up. Anyways, I wouldn't mind being a judge.

deckerz
06-10-2009, 04:25 PM
id like to be a judge just in genral :D

kendallcschm
06-10-2009, 04:26 PM
ill judge.. since im not entering.. XD

Donziikid
06-10-2009, 08:00 PM
For the amount of judges per entry, I think the numbers should be odd and not even. As it can end up 50/50. Change the numbers + 1 or - 1.

6 entrants = 11 or 13 Judges
8 entrants = 15 or 17 Judges
16 entrants = 19 or 21 Judges

And what if the number of enterents are in between ? What's the number of judges going to be ?

Thought I'd bring this up. Anyways, I wouldn't mind being a judge.

There are two judges per entrant. What you quoted is just example numbers, so there shouldn't be any inbetweens.

1 = 2
2 = 4
3 = 6
4 = 8
5 = 10
6 = 12
7 = 14
8 = 16
9 = 18
10 = 20
Any amount of entrants after ten will only receive twenty voters.

Also, the way the voting is going to be set up, it will be VERY difficult to make a tie; unless it was a diliberate act. Voting will look like the following:

Chassis Poll:
Entrant One: 3 votes.
Entrant Two: 4 votes.
Entrant Three: 1 vote.

Body Poll:
Entrant One: 1 votes.
Entrant Two: 6 votes.

Patriotism Poll:
Entrant One: 4 votes.
Entrant Two: 3 votes.

Overall Poll:
Entrant One: 4 votes.
Entrant Two: 3 votes.
Entrant Three: 3 vote.

Electronics Poll:
Entrant One: 1 votes.
Entrant Two: 1 votes.
Entrant Three: 6 vote.

Final Tally:
Entrant One: 13 votes.
Entrant Two: 17 votes.
Entrant Three: 12 vote.

Entrant number two is the winner. He/she received the most votes in all polls.

Please let me know if this makes sense!

dontspamme
06-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Donzii. I forgot about the five different voting polls. It makes perfect sense to me and thanks for taking the time to write that up.

SPR
06-10-2009, 09:15 PM
geez 2 pages of judges. is anyone going ot enter? Looking at this thread i think ill enter because ill be the only one llmao.

greekone
06-11-2009, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't mind being a judge.

bigez
06-11-2009, 06:27 PM
on sencond thought i think i will enter if i can get the parts on time

taiwanesekid05
06-12-2009, 10:59 PM
I'll help out.

Gearhead14
06-12-2009, 11:27 PM
I'd like to be a judge.

fiberworkz
06-13-2009, 11:54 AM
I can be a judge.

mycrors4
06-16-2009, 04:43 PM
i dont mind being judge(since i really cant enter because i just became a member) but i have been working with xMods since i was 9 (im 14 years old atm) and i think we need someone from the younger generation to help vote too :) just giving it a shot