PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a good place to learn about Tamiyas?

S2k Racer
06-09-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm thinking of getting a TT01D and I was wondering if anyone knows a site/forum that will help me learn about all the different chassis etc.

Thanks,
S2kR

cowboysir03
06-09-2009, 07:55 PM
The tamiya website has good visual clues to all of their different chassis for touring/drift cars and if I recall there is a link to a Tamiya based race site for their championship series.

If you want to know 1/10th drift you should check out rcdrift.net...and aussie based website but really cool info.:bigwink:

S2k Racer
06-09-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between the TA series the TB series and the TT series and the different models within those series (TA01, TA03, TB05, TB03 etc)

cowboysir03
06-10-2009, 01:56 AM
This is what i know from looking at the tamiya website:

The TA 04 series are belt driven rear mount motors with the cell pack central and across the chassis width. The TA05 are belt/rear motor/side pack length wise.

The TRF 415(which was the last race chassis I had my hands on once) was belt driven fully hopped up chassis with the cell pack on the side length wise.

The TB EVO chassis is shaft driven race model/hopped up to a high quality with the cell pack lenght wise and the motor rear mounted length wise.

The TB02 and TT01 are not much different reelatively speaking...parts package and mirror image electronics layout are the only differences.

What are you planning to do with it? I know which one I'd be buying but it all depends on your usage....

tayyab
06-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Driftercentral.com

Heaven ;)

Later, T.I.M

S2k Racer
06-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Well my first I'm probably gonna get a TT01D for drifting unless anyones knows a better chassis for drifting with.
But at some point later I'm probably gonna get one to actually race and that's why I'm wondering about the other chassis.

tayyab
06-10-2009, 03:06 PM
DUde search around that site. You will LEARN a LOT. Believe me. And tt-01 is NOT the best. its ONE of the best. ranks in the top 5 drifter chassis. It's just VERY VERY easy to get ahold of hop ups for the tt-01 and there are endless hop ups. And VERY cheap too. Believe me, before you buy anything. Do check out the site.

Later, T.I.M