PDA

View Full Version : June XMS Logo Competition (Discussion Thread)

TheB1GDude
06-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Hi all,

I want to introduce a new type of competition to the site, its been bought up before but nothing was ever done about it... well finally we are in a position where can listen to your suggestions.

So I want to introduce you to the June XMS Logo Competition.

The purpose of this competition will be to design a custom logo that will run at the top of the site for the month of July, there will be a similar competition in July to create the logo that will run for the month of August and so on and so on...

This is purely for fun so the only prize on offer will be the knowledge that it is your logo up on the site for a whole month and 250 reputation points, you are not required to enter and the logo will default back to the current one if no entries are submitted for a particular month.

This is the discussion thread so please see the entry thread for more details and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

FloydfanYodaman
06-09-2009, 10:00 PM
great idea...wish i was techy enuff to enter

KITT222
06-09-2009, 10:05 PM
I'd enter if I had Photoshop. Who knows, I may do it pure without computer help. It would be hard btu I'm game!

TheB1GDude
06-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Technically it could be done with paint and everyone has that :)

bondo
06-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Technically it could be done with paint and everyone has that :)

dont forget the free banner,font and graphics sites.;)
if you have internet then you are completely capable of coming up with a decent banner.
(i wish surgeon could pop up here and make a cool banner from caveman tools to prove my point...););)

FloydfanYodaman
06-10-2009, 12:16 AM
okok i get the point ...stop bein lazy...point taken;) ...sometimes we all need that lil kick in the butt:lol:

stang_racer
06-10-2009, 12:21 AM
umm will this change the old styles banner as well? or only affect the new styles banner

skim4food
06-10-2009, 01:38 AM
What size do you want it to be?

TheB1GDude
06-10-2009, 01:41 AM
Please check the entry thread:

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16960

For details on sizes....

TheB1GDude
06-24-2009, 03:10 PM
OK 5 days to go until the June Logo Competition deadline and so far I haven't seen a single entry.....

Most of you school goers should now be on holiday so should have tons of time to dedicate to this and I really don't think its that hard to make a photo of one of your cars into a logo....

So I tell you what I'll make you all a deal.... if no one enters this month then come July 1st I'm going to randomly start banning IP Addresses until someone comes up with an entry for the July comp.... actually thats such a good idea I might make it into another competition "Guess who's getting banned today" maybe that will get some interest in some of the other competitions as well.... :) :)

imnotmikal
06-24-2009, 03:33 PM
I'll see what I can cook up.
:)

SPR
06-24-2009, 03:44 PM
i dare you to ban me :D

XmodzICON82
06-24-2009, 04:05 PM
could i hand draw it, then put it on microsoft picture manager reduce it to the size required and post the link to the pic from photobucket...

TheB1GDude
06-24-2009, 04:11 PM
could i hand draw it, then put it on microsoft picture manager reduce it to the size required and post the link to the pic from photobucket...

Sure.... why not.... that would make the comp even more exciting....

texan_idiot25
06-24-2009, 04:20 PM
i dare you to ban me :D
You shouldn't ask that. ;)

SPR
06-24-2009, 05:26 PM
lol, well give me till tonight or early tomorrow. ill whip one up.

lol
06-26-2009, 01:26 AM
Meh Suggestion got through mang! <3 Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..................... Meh.. Kaze is whipping something up I heard. I helped him in some extent...

TheB1GDude
06-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Guys - some great entries so far!!! Glad to see so many of you decided to join in :) I'll give this to the 29th as originally posted and then we will pick a winner....

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this more exciting next month please let us know....

Bananabrain
06-26-2009, 01:08 PM
I gave it a try, not too good but its all i could do with Photobucket. :D

05'GTSTANG
06-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Sprs design is sweet. its like ken blocks new subaru design but not DC.

TheB1GDude
06-26-2009, 01:16 PM
I gave it a try, not too good but its all i could do with Photobucket. :D

Dude its good.... look at mine :) I have Adobe Photoshop CS2 worth who knows how much money and your logo looks way better :)

I would like to thank you all again for your entries and hope that we see a few more in the next few days.... I hope no one took my IP ban comment to seriously, it was meant as a joke and it looks like it worked as it rallied a few of you into creating logos.

Thanks for your input guys.....

Sprs design is sweet. its like ken blocks new subaru design but not DC.

Yeap SPR's design is going to be tough to beat :)

SPR
06-26-2009, 01:25 PM
lol it is ken blocks 09 dc design, but not dc, its XMS! lol

imnotmikal
06-26-2009, 02:51 PM
For those of you complaining about not having Photoshop, go to getpaint.net (http://getpaint.net)

Paint.NET is like a free version of PS. I use it more than the PS CS3 I paid for...

Donziikid
06-26-2009, 02:52 PM
I love your entry, INM. :nod:

TheB1GDude
06-26-2009, 03:02 PM
I love your entry, INM. :nod:

Ditto... that clean approach is actually really refreshing!! :)

INM... thanks for the link to that website that should help people out for next month....

Donziikid
06-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Along with GetPaint there is also GIMP (what I use). Just another possibility for everyone.

imnotmikal
06-26-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm not really a fan of Gimp.
It doesn't seem too user-friendly. Or not Mikal-friendly...
lol.

Before you tell me, I've already tried GimpShop. It makes it a little easier, but I still prefer Paint.NET

I only use Gimp for .psd files when I don't feel like waiting for PS to load up.

Donziikid
06-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Really? You don't like it? I find it quite simple. Huh.. To each their own, though. :)

imnotmikal
06-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Yep.
I just couldn't get sued to it.
I thought the reason I didn't like it is because each thing has its own space on the task bar.
But I tried GimpShop, which puts everything into one window, and I still didn't like it.
I just feel like Paint.NET is easier for me to use.

GearHeadV8
06-27-2009, 11:27 AM
i gotta say i would go for SPR's cause it is a nice reminder of Ken blocks new design and its easy. but i like zippos cause it has the subaru. but the font is to hard on the eyes lol.

TheB1GDude
06-27-2009, 02:08 PM
xmodracer1's entry is really nice... just needs a tiny bit of re-size which could be done through photobucket.... great job though!!

imnotmikal
06-27-2009, 02:29 PM
I don't like his for many reasons.
The photo used is stolen, its not his work.
The words are kind of hard to read. I have that font, but don't use it because I hate it.
The font color also clashes.

Although, I do like the photo itself.

TheB1GDude
06-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Perfect reason for why this will come down to a vote....

imnotmikal
06-27-2009, 02:48 PM
I know my opinion doesn't decide anything, but my main concern was the issue of the stolen image.
Shouldn't that be a rule?
You wouldn't want to get in any legal trouble, would you?

TheB1GDude
06-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Providing he isn't claiming it as his own I believe we are OK... although if it originally had a logo on it www.cardomain.com for example then that should be left in tact....

You do bring up some good points INM.... I guess I'll give xmodracer1 until the end of the comp to ensure that his logo contains any copyright marks that were visible in the original image otherwise it would DQ'd.

I'll also add this to the rules!

Thanks for bringing that up!!

merc3des
06-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Xmodzracer1's is an awesome picture, I like. SPR has the best design imo.