PDA

View Full Version : New and glad to be here.

madmac
05-16-2009, 11:11 PM
I am probably the oldest guy here. Raced slotcars for years til the hobby sorta dried up. Mostly HO but I ran 1/32 concourse for some time as well. I found a new interest in X Mods because the bodies are pretty close in detail to the real cars. These are the first RC cars I have ever messed with. All the others have lexan bodies that really don't have the detail I want. I am a modeler at heart and my cars have got to look like cars. These little X Mods are fun. I just bought the Nissian GT-R. It is completely stock but not for long. Gotta get the wobble out of the wheels and put some graphics on the body. Anyway, you guys have done a great job setting up this forum and the members seem like a real nice bunch. If it's ok I will hang out here a spell. Mac

zippo855
05-17-2009, 12:03 AM
welcome to the forum man, be sure to read over the rules, and get some pics up of your cars.

BART
05-17-2009, 12:09 AM
And dont be surprised if your not the oldest:) A few of us are old farts as well. Take some time and look around, there is plenty of info to be had.

KITT222
05-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Welcome to XMS! Have fun and read the rules. You'll quickly discover that Xmods have such a wide range of parts and accessories, you wont know where to start!

Action B
05-17-2009, 03:20 AM
I race mini-zs which are the same scale but higher end performance and budget wise.You should see the details and array of bodies for them, very real! But beware it comes at a price. A lot of guys that I've raced with are 60 and older. Some walk with canes.

madmac
05-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. No cane yet,LOL but I ain't no kid. I have heard of the mini-zs. I will have to check them out.

Action B
05-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. No cane yet,LOL but I ain't no kid. I have heard of the mini-zs. I will have to check them out.

Where you from?

winner
05-17-2009, 11:35 AM

lol age is nothing but a state of mind.... any way... 90 is the new 20 :bigwink:

madmac
05-17-2009, 11:56 AM
I live in Prescott Az. It's a pretty nice little town but lacks any kind of car action other than 1:1 scale and that's pretty nice. We have lots of car shows. The main hobby shop that was pushing RC cars closed. The track they raced on is gone as well. We have one hobby shop now. It is a good one but no interest in pushing the hobby, just selling nice cars.

wadethejuggalo
05-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Welcome and enjoj your time here!

FloydfanYodaman
05-18-2009, 09:01 PM
welcome...have fun...there are alot of us older farts around...all that matters is that we are all kids at heart...gotta post up some pics tho the younger members can get a tad ornery at times ;) but then again dont we all

Rovonic
05-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Well i`m a bit late on the welcome but welcome and I hope you have fun here.
:D