PDA

View Full Version : Truck rims to car- possible??

trans_am_lover_79
05-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I don't own a truck xmod, I'd like to but it seems they don't manufacture them anymore??

Anyway my questions is.... Is there a way to make truck rims fit on an evo or 1st gen chassis?

I've seen lots of project picks but it looks like most of the projects are done with the truck chassis.

I'm new to the forum and any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

tayyab
05-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

Yes, ANY xmod wheels will fit any other xmod chassis.
But you will have clearance problems. The 'D' hole is the the same for all the chassis. The most common truck rims used for the car are the XI slammed deep-dish rims and the RS slammed rims. Any other truck rims will require the stock truck tire or the Lift-Kit tires. Normal ones won't fit.

And please take a moment to look over the rules and use the search button before asking questions.

Later, T.I.M

trans_am_lover_79
05-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the info. My appologies if there is a thread already. I searched but... There are thousands of threads and I could not find one pertaining to this exact topic. Thanks again.

imnotmikal
05-02-2009, 12:37 PM
The "XMS Repair and Modification Manual" section is for telling how to do something, not asking.
;)

Just letting you know.
Welcome, and live the rules. :)

trans_am_lover_79
05-02-2009, 01:13 PM
again a noob. my appologies won't happen again

i dont kno how to erase the thread so if a modorator can go ahead

sorry again

Donziikid
05-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Doesn't need erased, just moved. :) Enjoy your stay on the forum, Trans_Am! Glad to have you aboard!

Moved to Xmods Apperance.

Cheers,
Kyle.

texan_idiot25
05-02-2009, 02:12 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/texan_idiot25/camaro/IMG_5083.jpg

Some bodies will need to be clearenced though.

trans_am_lover_79
05-02-2009, 02:28 PM
when you say "clearenced" do you mean the fenders will have to be shaved? Or the body will have to be mounted higher? clearify plz.

also will the rims fit with the suspension or will I have to modify the depth of the rims? thanks again

texan_idiot25
05-02-2009, 02:29 PM
It varies by the cars. Some need the fenders sanded. some need trimming on the various screw mounts. It changes with every car.

trans_am_lover_79
05-02-2009, 02:31 PM
o.k. thanks again to all for all

xxmoderxx
05-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

Yes, ANY xmod wheels will fit any other xmod chassis.
But you will have clearance problems. The 'D' hole is the the same for all the chassis. The most common truck rims used for the car are the XI slammed deep-dish rims and the RS slammed rims. Any other truck rims will require the stock truck tire or the Lift-Kit tires. Normal ones won't fit.

And please take a moment to look over the rules and use the search button before asking questions.

Later, T.I.M

yes he is right. but if u wanna use a truck slammed rim, get a stretch car tire and fit it over the truck rim instead of the truck tires the rims come with. they fit on an evo perfectly. but if u have lithium it wont fit. idk bout gen1's. but u might still have to cut a bit. i use it on my bumblebee camaro and i didnt have to cut anything. idk bout other bodies. i did wat texan_idiot25 did.

mr.hotrod
05-04-2009, 09:14 PM
hey tex was that f-bomb before?
but i use hummer stocks on my rsx rally car

texan_idiot25
05-04-2009, 10:12 PM
hey tex was that f-bomb before?
Yup. When working on the lip spoiler.