PDA

View Full Version : a HUGE favor

bluecivicdriver
03-07-2005, 01:39 AM
hey everyone my friends band ( the sophomore attempt) is trying to play on one of the local stages of the warped tour whenever it comes around jacksonville if everyone could just go to this link

http://battle.ernieball.com/battlebak/bb9/bands/thesophomoreattempt/

and play one of their songs at least once we would be GREATLY appreciative and after you listen if you want go ahead and tell me what you think about them go for it.

jpringlephoto
03-07-2005, 03:31 AM
I like the first one...
I did not play any others yet...

skyline horizon
03-07-2005, 08:17 PM
... its okay but its a little too emo for me

i listen to speed metal like slipknot, and shadows falls, and lamb of god

skylinedriver
03-07-2005, 10:03 PM
First off I've been playing guitar since about the 7th grade and I'm now 31 so anything said is out of experience not just me talkin' out my ***. I've been in and out of band for the past 10 years and I'm currently in one(4 yrs. now) Your friends band has some good talent. The mix that you have linked isn't the best quality, meaning some of the instruments were lost in the mix. I liked "Bullet to Break the Ice"...It was arranged pretty good. It sounds like their influences might be A Simple Plan or Blink 182. I listen to anything from Slipknot to Pink Floyd. I hope they stick to it. Tell them they need to develop their own sound. The world is running out of original music. Everyone sounds like next guy. I wish them luck. Peace!

supra86
06-21-2005, 08:44 PM
i like it this is my tipe of music, (big weezer fan) good luck to them