PDA

View Full Version : DSi

firebird999
04-12-2009, 03:10 PM
so i got the black one. it's perfectly alright, only downside so far is this is how the pics turn up online:
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/burnoutboy0000/Picture.jpg

anyone else have one?

clintr79
04-12-2009, 06:12 PM
I got the black one and my daughter got the blue one.We both like them

lol
04-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Oo. Whats the differences. 1st time hearing of a DSi. LOL

clintr79
04-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Oo. Whats the differences. 1st time hearing of a DSi. LOL

The screen is a little bigger,sd card slot,2 cameras,can get on internet,record voice,download games off internet.

2jack3jack
04-13-2009, 09:11 AM
i was never a fan of the ds im psp fanboy but this is cool

BART
04-13-2009, 09:28 AM
My kids have the DS's and want the DSI's, is it worth it for the price difference? Gamestop is offering a 70 dollar trade in so I would still have to pay 100 dollars for each.

imnotmikal
04-13-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm debating on getting one.
I've heard mixed answers on this question....
With the cameras, can record video and do video chat, or is it strictly for pictures?

If it does video, I may get one.

2jack3jack
04-13-2009, 11:03 AM
it looks like the camera is crap imo

reaper
04-13-2009, 11:11 AM
if you want to take pictures get a camera
the dsi is intented for fun so yes it may have a below par camera but it does what its ment to

also the older ds could go on the internet aswell

clintr79
04-13-2009, 11:22 AM
My kids have the DS's and want the DSI's, is it worth it for the price difference? Gamestop is offering a 70 dollar trade in so I would still have to pay 100 dollars for each.

Thats what i did traded mine and my daughters in for the new ones.I think is worth it for the upgrades my daughter loves it

Stampedekid
04-13-2009, 11:26 AM
They're ok but I have the original silver DS and have had it since a month after the originals were released back in 2004 and I still occasionally use it but I'm more of a PSP Person, I have the original since 3 months after they were released back in 2005. Sure the camera may be cruddy but I wouldn't even get one myself because for internet I use my PSP and laptop and for pictures and videos I use my 10MP camera that records HD and HQ videos.

clintr79
04-13-2009, 12:30 PM
I also have a psp but i like some of the games on the ds that they don't have for other systems

Skv012a
04-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Simply put- eww. Nintendo's pathetic attempt at making.... I don't even know what to call this useless upgrade. Plus we just lost the legal ability to play GBA games that I deem actually better than plenty of DS ones.

I'll skip to my point- if you're looking for real games and a good portable device, spend your money wisely on a PSP Slim (200x models) and CR-5400 produo to 2xmicrosd adapter. With new DS being = PSP in price, its officially become an utterly inferior system.

jimmythekid1
04-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Simply put- eww. Nintendo's pathetic attempt at making.... I don't even know what to call this useless upgrade. Plus we just lost the legal ability to play GBA games that I deem actually better than plenty of DS ones.

I'll skip to my point- if you're looking for real games and a good portable device, spend your money wisely on a PSP Slim (200x models) and CR-5400 produo to 2xmicrosd adapter. With new DS being = PSP in price, its officially become an utterly inferior system.

when was the last time a new game released for the PSP?

firebird999
04-15-2009, 08:19 AM
psp games are crap. i would prefer mario kart over need for speed carbon any day. more cars and colurses.

Skv012a
04-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Then DS is right for you indeed. FYI, I have/played over 200 games on each system and simply no longer own a DS, but own about 4 PSPs now.

Since I predominantly play fighting, racing, and fps, I want that console quality feel on the go instead of crappy innovative quirks that don't deliver the base gameplay they should.

clintr79
04-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Then DS is right for you indeed. FYI, I have/played over 200 games on each system and simply no longer own a DS, but own about 4 PSPs now.

Since I predominantly play fighting, racing, and fps, I want that console quality feel on the go instead of crappy innovative quirks that don't deliver the base gameplay they should.

Why do you need 4 psp?I like the psp but they don't make that many games for it anymore

Skv012a
04-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Firstly they do, for the right audience. Second- PSP fat limited, psp slim, and 2x 3000 limited imports for possible resale later on. When you get a chance to get something impossible to get stateside, you do it and think later. Why do I want so many of similar products? Because I support GOOD products and import them from the source.

FYI- PSP now has a perfect AND comfortable ports of TI-92 and HP 48 calulators. Can your "fun" DS beat that by a mile? Also, PSP emulation of GBA is much better than playing GBA games on previous DSes because you CAN put the **** game to sleep to resume playing later. Last note is that there is a TI-83 emulator for GBA, that works on GBA too, that can be added to PSP's lineup.

firebird999
04-16-2009, 09:52 PM
psp does not make enough games. all their racing games are the same, all FPSs are the same, all puzzle games are at least similar, there's really only about 6 different games for it. you only need one of each genre.

imnotmikal
04-16-2009, 10:57 PM
psp does not make enough games. all their racing games are the same, all FPSs are the same, all puzzle games are at least similar, there's really only about 6 different games for it. you only need one of each genre.

That's homebrew was made possible for PSP, and why DarkAlex continues to make hacked X.XX m33-Y firmwares (where the X is the firmware number, and Y is the edition of that particular m33.)

jimmythekid1
04-17-2009, 06:46 AM
Firstly they do, for the right audience. Second- PSP fat limited, psp slim, and 2x 3000 limited imports for possible resale later on. When you get a chance to get something impossible to get stateside, you do it and think later. Why do I want so many of similar products? Because I support GOOD products and import them from the source.

FYI- PSP now has a perfect AND comfortable ports of TI-92 and HP 48 calulators. Can your "fun" DS beat that by a mile? Also, PSP emulation of GBA is much better than playing GBA games on previous DSes because you CAN put the **** game to sleep to resume playing later. Last note is that there is a TI-83 emulator for GBA, that works on GBA too, that can be added to PSP's lineup.

hands down you are correct that the PSP is a superior machine to the DS. But what you maybe missing is that the sales for the PSP are pumbling, you may have bought the only four sold last year(thats a joke). While the DS sales are good and usually on the rise. Also they made like less then a dozen games for the PSP thats year that are even worth talking about.

The reason the DS bets the PSP is due to the interface, and it was market better then the PSP. The reason I never got a PSP was because I was like **** I all ready have a laptop and a Ipod. Then the biggest reason Zelda!!!! lol

imnotmikal
04-17-2009, 10:42 AM
I also see it like this.

You can't really compare the DS(i) and PSP.
They are directed to two completely different target markets.
I see the PSP target market to be from about 15 and up, while I see the DS to be more of a "child" game, but also for adults who don't want to "violent" games available for the PSP.
So, PSP = 15+
DS = ~5-14 & 25/30+

So yeah.
Also, the DS has better sales due to the other things available, like the language tutors, the chef helper things, and other utilities, not necessarily the games.

Skv012a
04-19-2009, 02:18 AM
You'd be surprised at what PSP has on the homebrew side. Far more practical apps than DS has official and unofficial combined.

And both of you are correct- kids and mellow adults buy these things the most, but where do YOU guys fall under? My only point is that I'm disgusted when seasoned gamers choose to buy DSes for some reason. I owned it, but hardly played it compared to my PSPs and consoles.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
04-19-2009, 09:22 AM

Your making me laugh.. LOL. buy first, think later. Great financial strategy. And why such a passion of hatred for a DSi, really come on, relax. I own a PSP 3000 and i love it, but it is the only system that I can never find new games for, I just got my daughter a DSi and she loves it. Oh and I own a Ducati (motorcycle) european specs, I bought 3 of them because I can't get them in the states......... JK. but really I have 30 PSP's .... no JK.....

firebird999
04-19-2009, 10:14 AM
okay, please just keep this a DSi discussion topic, no more DS vs PSP discussion, okay? if you don't like the DS, you don't need to view threads about it.

rsx racer
04-19-2009, 11:28 AM
I don't think the DSi is worth it. Its not as much as an upgrade to warrant purchasing a new system (as with the PSP 2000 and 3000 upgrades).
I have a black DS lite, with a Cyclo DS and EZ 3 in 1, so I'm getting the most for whatever little money I put in. I also have homebrew on my 1000 model PSP, and I love some Marvel vs Capcom every once in a while.

Why did they go with a matte finish on the DSi? The DS lite's glossy finish was beautiful. So what if it got dirty fast, it wasn't something that a tissue couldn't rectify!