PDA

View Full Version : Mini E-Revo and Mini Slash VXL Promo!

Stampedekid
04-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Check it out! Must watch the video! Me....want *drools* :lol: But anyway a must have for any Revo Fan, Slash fan or RC fan. A must have for me!
http://traxxas.com/products/promo/7008_7108_promo.htm
I've been waiting since their "debut/preview" at iHobby Expo 2008

THE EDJ
04-10-2009, 07:40 PM
That Mini Slash has my name all over it... can't wait to see that thing, hopefully the price won't be too steep.

ling427ttvette
04-10-2009, 07:48 PM
I was about to ask on pricing because I really really want one.

That way I could have a big Slash and a mini Slash, the mini Slash would slaughter the big one though. :lol:

Can't wait to go brushless on the big one..

dontspamme
04-10-2009, 09:00 PM
The Slash is suppose to be around $200-250, while the E-Revo is $300.

I'm looking forward to getting the E-Revo myself. After seeing where my R/C hobby takes me.

greekone
04-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Any info on release date? I plan on being the first one on the forum with the E-Revo.:D

Pwnzor1130
04-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Those cars are sweet! I better start saving.

Stampedekid
04-10-2009, 10:32 PM
The Slash is suppose to be around $200-250, while the E-Revo is $300.

I'm looking forward to getting the E-Revo myself. After seeing where my R/C hobby takes me.

Keep dreamin. Both are supposed to be priced around $300 due to both being brushless. But remember these are no toys and require maintenance and drive-ability. I would have a mini Slash but I already have a Sidewinder 5700 powered Slash and have wanted a Revo for a very long time so why not one of these? Oh and greekone, go to electric products, says May 14th for both. I'm sure they will be a huge hit at the lhs.

FloydfanYodaman
04-11-2009, 01:39 AM
pretty sick...but pretty pricey as well

greekone
04-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Keep dreamin. Both are supposed to be priced around $300 due to both being brushless. But remember these are no toys and require maintenance and drive-ability. I would have a mini Slash but I already have a Sidewinder 5700 powered Slash and have wanted a Revo for a very long time so why not one of these? Oh and greekone, go to electric products, says May 14th for both. I'm sure they will be a huge hit at the lhs.

I'm going to stop by my LHS either today or tomorrow and see what they say, and if they can possibly hold one for me.

AeroSynch
04-11-2009, 12:09 PM
If you look here is says $199 but it is not brushless:

http://www.racetraxxas.com/amsoil/7005/7005_overview.html

ling427ttvette
04-11-2009, 12:46 PM
That's not a bad price really..

God I want one.

amorton94
04-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Yes, they do have 2 different setups. The brushless and stock. I think i'll be getting the stock slash that way I put in my own brushless setup. I can't wait til these come out! I want both, but I don't have that kind of cash.

KITT222
04-11-2009, 01:28 PM
im going to start saving up for that Slash! i love it! NEED SLASH MINI NOW!

Stampedekid
04-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Well I'm not sure if they are coming in brushed versions anymore. Sure Racetraxxas has them but not for the E-Revo but pricey? Nah not really considering what you get and how they are both based off of proven platforms. I like the fact how you could run dual 3S in parallel or dual 6 cells in series to equal 12 cells. Parallel makes it so it runs one battery then the other or somthing like that so you get double the run time. For this particular thing though you could not run dual 3S, or 2S in series because the ESC cannot handle that current. Oh well. I already have a very fast brushless Slash and have been wanting any Revo for a very long time.

amorton94
04-12-2009, 10:48 PM
If I'm correct, running parallel doesn't do anything to voltage, but doubles the mah. I don't understand your post. You like the fact you can run batteries different, but you don't like the fact you can't run batteries in different ways? I don't know, I'm confused. Maybe it's the way I read your post?

Stampedekid
04-14-2009, 07:38 PM
If I'm correct, running parallel doesn't do anything to voltage, but doubles the mah. I don't understand your post. You like the fact you can run batteries different, but you don't like the fact you can't run batteries in different ways? I don't know, I'm confused. Maybe it's the way I read your post?

Parallel doubles the runtime, series doubles the voltage. For example: 2 six cell batteries in parallel basically runs one pack at a time to double run time. Now running 2 six cells in series would make it equal to 12 cells generating more power. Ok guys prices are out. I'm not gonna show towerhobbies prices but amainhobbies prices. Not bad if you ask me.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_44_109
But in these trucks you could not run any more than 2 six cell NiMH packs in series or it would over volt and shut down. Don't say those prices are too high. For what you get, comes with a battery and the platform and how they are hobby quality, these aren't going to be like your cheap little $50 XMODs whereas they are based off of very precise machines. But really they are precise just in a smaller package.

Donziikid
04-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Considering something similar will cost you about the same when all is said and done, that's not a bad price at all. An RC18 with a Mamba package will cost you about $300. To buy a kit straight from a company for $300 is a good deal. Hopefully these sell.

Cheers,
Kyle.

amorton94
04-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Parallel doubles the runtime, series doubles the voltage. For example: 2 six cell batteries in parallel basically runs one pack at a time to double run time. Now running 2 six cells in series would make it equal to 12 cells generating more power. Ok guys prices are out. I'm not gonna show towerhobbies prices but amainhobbies prices. Not bad if you ask me.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_44_109
But in these trucks you could not run any more than 2 six cell NiMH packs in series or it would over volt and shut down. Don't say those prices are too high. For what you get, comes with a battery and the platform and how they are hobby quality, these aren't going to be like your cheap little $50 XMODs whereas they are based off of very precise machines. But really they are precise just in a smaller package.

What I said. But I think I'll get the non-brushless version, I'm positive they'd come out with it. That way I can run my own set up and have my own choices on batteries, not what these can handle, which to me, isn't much.