PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of...

baby_blue_dawg69
03-05-2005, 01:48 AM
I'm currently doing a custom 1964 Buick Riviera, and want some input as to what you guys think it needs...it's got:
-Black paint
-Hood Scoop
-Candy Red bumpers and Wheels
-Red and black interior
-Dual transmission from a rock crawler(powers rear wheels)
-V10 Viper Motor(front)
-Porsche 911 Carrera Motor(back)
-Custom placed fuel tank beneath rear seats to make room for extra motor
-Custom wheels with brake rotors
-Custom chassis to accomodate extra motors

I'm thinking about hinging the doors, hood and trunk, and possibly cutting the roof off...what do you guys think? Keep in mind, I'm going for the "over-powered drag car" approach, rather than the cliche Riviera lowrider...

jpringlephoto
03-05-2005, 03:17 AM
It doesn't sound like an xmod, but sounds like a hand full...

minesskylineracer
03-05-2005, 08:34 AM
wuts the point of the fuel tank engines and interior if this is an xmod itll just add weight and if your going for the over powered drag car then itll just decrease your cars performance but if its a real car then thats pretty awesome but i cant tell from your post the first description sounds like a real car but the second part of it that starts off im thinking of hinging the doors hood ............ makes it sound like an xmod so i cant tell but it sounds kool either way

viperdout
03-05-2005, 11:37 AM
I'm currently doing a custom 1964 Buick Riviera, and want some input as to what you guys think it needs...it's got:
-Black paint
-Hood Scoop
-Candy Red bumpers and Wheels
-Red and black interior
-Dual transmission from a rock crawler(powers rear wheels)
-V10 Viper Motor(front)
-Porsche 911 Carrera Motor(back)
-Custom placed fuel tank beneath rear seats to make room for extra motor
-Custom wheels with brake rotors
-Custom chassis to accomodate extra motors

I'm thinking about hinging the doors, hood and trunk, and possibly cutting the roof off...what do you guys think? Keep in mind, I'm going for the "over-powered drag car" approach, rather than the cliche Riviera lowrider...

What's the point of 2 different motors?

baby_blue_dawg69
03-05-2005, 12:57 PM
It's not actaully an xmod, it's a model a buddy of mine and I got bored with and started builing stuff and adding stuff from other models, hence why it's in the off-topic section, rather than appearance...I just wanted to see what other people thought of it. And about the two engines, they use it in some rock crawlers to help ease the work of a single engine. When used, it increases torrque, and improves acceleration, but you end up with two different horsepower numbers. So that's the low down on that.

viperdout
03-05-2005, 06:29 PM
It's not actaully an xmod, it's a model a buddy of mine and I got bored with and started builing stuff and adding stuff from other models, hence why it's in the off-topic section, rather than appearance...I just wanted to see what other people thought of it. And about the two engines, they use it in some rock crawlers to help ease the work of a single engine. When used, it increases torrque, and improves acceleration, but you end up with two different horsepower numbers. So that's the low down on that.

I know about the idea of 2 motors, but what I meant was that why you 2 DIFFERENT motors. When people do dual motor setups, they usually use 2 of the same motor.

baby_blue_dawg69
03-05-2005, 07:16 PM
I can't use two of the same motor because you can't turn a motor around, and there's not enough room to put two in the engine bay, or two in the trunk, and there's not enough room to do an inline setup with the parts we have, so we got a dual direction transmission from a friend, and threw that in there. We can't turn the motor around because we're going for a semi-realistic approach, and if you turn the motor around, you reverse the gears...forward would become revers, and reverse would become forward.

viperdout
03-05-2005, 07:19 PM
I can't use two of the same motor because you can't turn a motor around, and there's not enough room to put two in the engine bay, or two in the trunk, and there's not enough room to do an inline setup with the parts we have, so we got a dual direction transmission from a friend, and threw that in there. We can't turn the motor around because we're going for a semi-realistic approach, and if you turn the motor around, you reverse the gears...forward would become revers, and reverse would become forward.

You still are not getting what I'm saying. Putting a Porshe Flat 6 in the back of a Riv with a big block in front would have vastly different torque numbers, causing one end to lag. When rock crawlers (or anyone for that matter) throws 2 engines in the car, they use the SAME TYPE of engine, i.e., a drag racer will use 2 Chevy small blocks with the same internal specs, etc.

baby_blue_dawg69
03-05-2005, 07:42 PM
no, i know that, and i've looked into this setup with the type of trans, and it would work. you would get different torque numbers, but the trans combines them, so as long as the driveshaft fits, the torque is combined.

viperdout
03-06-2005, 10:27 AM
no, i know that, and i've looked into this setup with the type of trans, and it would work. you would get different torque numbers, but the trans combines them, so as long as the driveshaft fits, the torque is combined.That's great, but the problem is that since one motor is more powerful than the other, it will make the make gear they hook to go faster, making either the gears to just dies or WCS, blow p one motor.

baby_blue_dawg69
03-06-2005, 11:20 AM
but htey run a similar RPM range, so the gears will be spinning the same anyway. The V-10 is better for top speed, and the flat-6 is better for acceleration, so the trans we hooked up is based on a model that can reject the power from one motor...honestly, i think it's gonna be sweet, and i'm not trying to argue about the funtionality of it, so let's just agree to disagree on this one...

viperdout
03-06-2005, 11:59 AM
but htey run a similar RPM range, so the gears will be spinning the same anyway. The V-10 is better for top speed, and the flat-6 is better for acceleration, so the trans we hooked up is based on a model that can reject the power from one motor...honestly, i think it's gonna be sweet, and i'm not trying to argue about the funtionality of it, so let's just agree to disagree on this one...

If that were the case, plenty of people would do that same thing. I suggest you talk with people who have done dual motor mods and ask this question to them. Also, torque and HP numbers are way off at the same RPMs, so it'll throw everything off. My suggestion: use 2 SBCs which will be cheaper and call it a day.

baby_blue_dawg69
03-07-2005, 01:22 AM
i'm not trying to argue about the funtionality of it, so let's just agree to disagree on this one...
And it's a friggin model, so what if it's not 100% accurate, I like it, and I'm gonna go ahead with it no matter what you say...

viperdout
03-07-2005, 04:06 PM
i'm not trying to argue about the funtionality of it, so let's just agree to disagree on this one...
And it's a friggin model, so what if it's not 100% accurate, I like it, and I'm gonna go ahead with it no matter what you say...

I never said not to, I just was pointing out why it wouldn't work in real life.