PDA

View Full Version : 1/6 Scale R/C Crawler help

Mod-Mad
02-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Ok so I have this rock crawler from nylint. It was as far as I know only made a couple of years ,but is awesome. I just recently ran into a problem though; the rear plastic piece broke that drives the rear axle. i was wondering if anyone had one and could help me on how i could fix it, if not thats OKAY. I can definitely understand that. they're not very popular:cry: , but it is worth a shot.:nod:

theoriganalRiD3R1967
02-26-2009, 10:03 PM
posting pictures, would be the easiest way to fix it!...(indirectley)

are you talking about the drive sahft?

snowboi1289
02-26-2009, 10:21 PM
The piece that broke is called a drive shaft, most people will know what it is. Just search for the part you need through yahoo, or google.

theoriganalRiD3R1967
02-26-2009, 11:20 PM
did it snap nice and clean or splinte like wood, also did it bend or buckle before breaking?

kungpow420
02-27-2009, 12:08 AM
I thought nylints were MOA (motor on axle) so no driveshafts I may be wrong.

bosco72
02-27-2009, 10:47 AM
I had one they have the motors on each axle like the clod buster.Search for a rc rock crawler forum they should have parts.I know someone made aftermarket parts for it.

Mod-Mad
02-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Actually it is not broken in half or in any peices. it is stripped out on the inside. the peice is made to go over the driveshaft. I will try to get pics up later.

bosco72
02-27-2009, 03:33 PM
If you want help your on the wrong forum.You have to go to a rock crawler forum for the best help.It's like going to a Ford forum and asking about a Hyundai.

amorton94
02-27-2009, 07:54 PM
rccrawler.com is a good rc crawler forum. but there isn't a nylint section. but someone should be able to help you,lots of nice guys there.

coolcar24th
02-27-2009, 09:00 PM
rccrawler.com is a good rc crawler forum. but there isn't a nylint section. but someone should be able to help you,lots of nice guys there.

Actually up until recently they did indeed have a nylint section. But since they are getting rarer and not many people use it they took the section out. I think all the topics got relocated to large scale. BTW nylints aren't exactly hobby grade, so I wouldnt count on getting replacement parts for it. Id suggest sell it on ebay for what you can and buy a real crawler. I have actually owned one of these and sold mines on ebay for $150.

Donziikid
02-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Please remember that it is against forum rules for you to ask to purchase,trade or sell objects on Xmodsource.com. Visit the forum rules and guidelines section of the forum for full detail on when you're able to buy, sell and trade.

Any public selling/trading to Mod-Mad will result in infraction points to both the seller as well as Mod-Man. Please remember to follow all Xmodsource rules.

Cheers,
Kyle.

torredo
02-28-2009, 03:11 PM
if its at all like my clodcrawelr, it runs on axles, which run through big plastic knuckles (this is where the driveaxle comes to and pivots).

if you broke the knuckle, check out Nylints site (if one exists), or as mentioned, check Ebay, Browse google for "NYLINT" FORUMS, and maybe youll succeed.

let us know

Mod-Mad
03-01-2009, 02:51 PM
No, the knuckle isn't broken, what is broken is internal. Thanks for the help on the forums I try to go check those out.