PDA

View Full Version : Good motor to run on stock FETs?

SkylineLvr
02-21-2009, 04:40 PM
I am currently using an Xmod evo stage 2 motor in my Mini-Z AWD and it seems faster then the stock motor that it came with. I want to get a better motor that doesn't require stacked fets. I don't wanna do stack fets since I am gonna eventually get the 2.4 ghz upgrade. I was thinking of trying out the Atomic Standard motor. Anyone have any experience with them, or any input on a good, fast motor?

color0
02-21-2009, 05:09 PM
ATM Stock R is arguably the fastest race motor that exists. No modified FETs required for MA010 cars.

ATM USA Standard, PN 70t, Kyosho Xspeed, PN Speedy series, are all great motors for stock FETs. Of those I'd pick the PN 70t because of the decent speed, quick spool-up, and REALLY great runtimes.

SkylineLvr
02-21-2009, 07:50 PM
I think I'm changing my mind and will try out some stacked fets. I was looking at the 8858's and they seem to be the best choice. Anyone have any experience with these? They are cheaper then the 4562, and seem to be better. I was gonna do either a 2x2 or 2x3 stack and wanted to get the Atomic Chili motor. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks