PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody!

MrPibb
02-17-2009, 04:55 PM
hey guys, im completely new to this site and the Xmods "scene", i suppose if you wanna call it that. I got a Nissan GT-R and a stage 2 motor upgrade kit for it, i was just wondering if you guys had any advice on a good ratio for learning to drive. More torque versus higher top speed, my friend told me to go with more torque, but it doesn't seem to really have any affect. Any advice would be awesome.
~MrPibb

XmodzICON82
02-17-2009, 05:02 PM
welcome to this site and xmods...they are good little rc cars with a lot of room to modify(check out the member's garage and the xmods projects section to understand)...make sure to read the rules to stay out of trouble, and enjoy...as far as torque vs. speed the more advanced modders than myself can better tell you that one...welcome again...

Action B
02-17-2009, 05:52 PM
hey guys, im completely new to this site and the Xmods "scene", i suppose if you wanna call it that. I got a Nissan GT-R and a stage 2 motor upgrade kit for it, i was just wondering if you guys had any advice on a good ratio for learning to drive. More torque versus higher top speed, my friend told me to go with more torque, but it doesn't seem to really have any affect. Any advice would be awesome.
~MrPibb

I think the best ratio to use is the smallest green gear in that set. Its usually better to have a balance between the two. It also depends on what surface your on and whether you trying to race or drift.

MrPibb
02-18-2009, 08:33 PM
thanks guys. I opt'd with the mid range, so i have a balance between torque and speed, since i still cant drive the thing worth a darn. But thanks anyway. I'd like to learn to drift if anyone has any tips for me or anything, Pm me or post it here.

SkylineLvr
02-18-2009, 08:55 PM
An easy way to drift besides buying the drift tires is to just put some electrical tape around the tires. I know it's cheating, but sure is fun and makes it really easy to drift

himynamebebrian
02-18-2009, 09:29 PM
AWD helps a Ton!!! :D also check out the "drift bible" XMS's version, i don't have a link right now, but i know its under the "submit a .... something or other" catagory. IT HAS HELPED ME ALOT! :D

Donziikid
02-18-2009, 10:07 PM
AWD helps a Ton!!! :D also check out the "drift bible" XMS's version, i don't have a link right now, but i know its under the "submit a .... something or other" catagory. IT HAS HELPED ME ALOT! :D

1:28th Scale Drift Bible by Color0 (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?p=52334). ;)

MrPibb
02-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Sweeeet!
Thanks alot guys.