PDA

View Full Version : Good mini t setup?

bestdragon2001
02-15-2009, 01:22 PM
I plan on spending about 75 dollars on it, only thing ive done to it is put LST electronics in it. So, whats the best setup thing to do with my money?

xmodzracer
02-15-2009, 01:25 PM
um... define big air? anything over about three foot and your best bet is to just dip it in bondo and cover it in super glue. otherwise you will have to get all the aluminum suspension parts with the exception of the a arms.

bestdragon2001
02-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Okay what would be the best thing to do with $75

xmodzracer
02-15-2009, 01:32 PM
um... invest in a good motor and reinforce all points that receive stress from hard landings. also pad the board where it connects to the chassis. nothing stops the fun like a snapped board.

reaper
02-15-2009, 06:05 PM
um... define big air? anything over about three foot and your best bet is to just dip it in bondo and cover it in super glue. otherwise you will have to get all the aluminum suspension parts with the exception of the a arms.

iv had my mini-t for over a year and havent broken a thing , it has a mamba brushless and has done some serious bashing and BIG jumps

id say invest in some good batteries and you will be set :)

suicide_star
02-15-2009, 07:07 PM
for $75, i would get a LiPo batt, alloy spur gear, alloy pinion, aftermarket differential, oil filled shocks, and a venom fireball motor.

civicblack10
02-15-2009, 09:41 PM
First i would say if not already get some bearings.The LiPo makes a huge difference over the stock nimh. Ive had the venom fireball for about 2 months now and it seems like a great motor, quite fast on top end and pulls the front wheels off the ground with ease. Oil filled shocks make a noticable difference, i have some GPM alloy ones on mine. Alloy spur and pinion are also a great choice, my plastic ones are currently shredded. AS for the stock plastic parts like a-arms etc. they seem to be fine. I have taken mine off numerous jumps and show no sign on stress.