PDA

View Full Version : traxxas bandit

bnR34
02-12-2009, 10:52 PM
just got one today, anyone know a good site for aftermarket power parts???:bigwink:

bosco72
02-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Go to traxxas.com and join there forum.I just bought the new waterproof stampede.Is yours waterproof cause they made all there cars waterproof now

Donziikid
02-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Power parts as in motors and ESCs? Check out TowerHobbies.

You can also check out TowerHobbies for bearings, suspension parts and practically everything else you could want for your Bandit.

Welcome to the Traxxas side of the World. ;) Post some pictures when you get a chance.

Cheers,
Kyle.

bnR34
02-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Go to traxxas.com and join there forum.I just bought the new waterproof stampede.Is yours waterproof cause they made all there cars waterproof now

yeah its the bandit XL-5 so its water proof

bnR34
02-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Power parts as in motors and ESCs? Check out TowerHobbies.

You can also check out TowerHobbies for bearings, suspension parts and practically everything else you could want for your Bandit.

Welcome to the Traxxas side of the World. ;) Post some pictures when you get a chance.

Cheers,
Kyle.

thanks thats an awesome site! all i know is xmods and i dont quite understand "turns" for motors and want a just slight faster one. do you know what would work good? would LOVE to go velineon, but expen$ive..

Donziikid
02-15-2009, 08:56 PM
thanks thats an awesome site! all i know is xmods and i dont quite understand "turns" for motors and want a just slight faster one. do you know what would work good? would LOVE to go velineon, but expen$ive..

The same concept applies for 540/550 sized motors. The higher the turn count, the slower the motor. However, the higher the turn count, the more torque you're going to have.

Personally, I run a 17T motor on my Stampede XL5 and it has more speed than the stock Titan 12T. Take a look at some Epic motors on TowerHobbies; you may even be able to find the same motor at your local hobby shop. I bought my 17T for $15 when they retail for like $35. ;)

If you need any additional help, don't hesitate to post/ask.

Cheers,
Kyle.

coolcar24th
02-15-2009, 09:00 PM
BTW a lot of the stampede parts or rustler parts should fit. As in the arms and I think the tranny is the same. Atleast the old ones were.

bnR34
02-17-2009, 11:12 PM
well, i learned the hard way today that apparently there are 2 versions of the XL5, and i did NOT have the waterproof one... :cry:
but thats ok, just ordered the sealed one today, set me back only $43 :roll:
...live and learn