PDA

View Full Version : So, I put an HS-55 into my Pro Pulse. Problem.

ling427ttvette
02-12-2009, 08:04 PM
The servo fits in place just fine, but the adapter for the Pro Pulse's stock servo doesn't quit match up with the gear on the HS-55. It's a little too big. I can tighten the screw on it and kind of make it work, but it eventually loosens up and slips inside of the hole.

I looked at the gears from the Pro Pulses stock servo which I dis-mantled long ago, and none of them have a good fit in the adapter piece either.

Am I missing a piece or what? I'm stumped on this.

Donziikid
02-12-2009, 09:00 PM
All different servo companies (HiTec, JR, Futaba) have a different style/size/tooth number for their specific servo heads. You'll need to order a different style servo saver; one made specifically for the HiTec servos. Check into purchasing a servo saver for the HS55, I'm sure you could hack that up to fit. ;)

ling427ttvette
02-12-2009, 09:14 PM
LONG ebay link (http://cgi.ebay.com/LOSI-LOSB1226-SERVO-SAVER-HITEC-HS-55-HS55-MINI-T-NIB_W0QQitemZ220336416650QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_ Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item220336416650&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50)

Even though that's for a Losi it looks like it would work for my Pro Pulse, should I try it?

Edit: But also, like I said the saver doesn't seem to match up well with the gears from the stock servo either.. which is odd as it should match up perfectly.

I'm thinking of for now hacking a piece that came with the servo and making it work.. until I can get the saver. Good idea or bad idea, as there would be no saver and it would just be direct impact if I hit something.

bosco72
02-12-2009, 09:23 PM
buy the the RC18 HS-55 servo saver.They make it for the car.The servo fits in place just fine, but the adapter for the Pro Pulse's stock servo doesn't quit match up with the gear on the HS-55. It's a little too big. I can tighten the screw on it and kind of make it work, but it eventually loosens up and slips inside of the hole.

I looked at the gears from the Pro Pulses stock servo which I dis-mantled long ago, and none of them have a good fit in the adapter piece either.

Am I missing a piece or what? I'm stumped on this.

ling427ttvette
02-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Well f**k me running.

I went to pull the servo out and tried to pop the steering piece off, instead of popping off of the servo it snapped the plastic ball on the other side.

Jesus christ, this thing didn't break for a while but now that it broke it's really breaking. And of course no parts on Ebay besides a whole chassis with no electronics.

Been considering saving up and getting a 1/10 and I seen a Traxxas something or other RTR for $200 on Ebay. This Pro Pulse has hardly given me much run time because the batteries don't freaking last, and anymore I break it more than I drive it. Screw this crap, this thing might be up for sale soon.

Donziikid
02-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Your idea sounds better; scrap it and buy a Traxxas. ;)

Good luck.

ling427ttvette
02-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Really starting to think I should have just stayed away from this thing when I saw it. But hell I didn't know it was going to be a POS made of brittle plastic.

But now that the steering piece is broken I probably couldn't get more than $25 for it. Jesus god I don't know what to do.. maybe I could fabricate something with a little ingenuity. Time to start thinking.