PDA

View Full Version : I bet everyone has this Problem!!! Look!!

kaptnmack187
02-24-2005, 01:26 AM
I took appart my back axle...the little pin inside the white or red gear seems to slip on one side now that i put it back together.....i can't stand this!!...
If anyone has this problem tell me bout it!!
What should i do?....i need this car fixed fast...

flip240
02-24-2005, 04:37 AM
the pin isn't attached to anything, so it doesn't matter. what you need to make sure is the 2 axles spin at the same time when the motor runs.

jimmythekid1
02-24-2005, 06:56 AM
I had the same problem I just poped the half moon spline back in. Its been a few weeks since and I don't have any problems now . I can't really explain it other then thier seems to be a lot of left to right slope in the left rear wheel.

jpringlephoto
02-24-2005, 07:46 AM
I purchased a 4WD kit just to have laying around when I come up on situations like this.
Make sure the three little gears are in place and the gear caps are flush.
The little pin serves as an alignment pin and does a great job at that. make sure that each wheel spins freely, opposite each other when you have the motor mounted, unless you locked the diff.

viperdout
02-24-2005, 03:19 PM
The pin is supposed to spin freely.

diablosport76
02-24-2005, 08:07 PM
i been running without the pin since i got my car it works great no problems so i say its not needed

Suprastic
03-02-2005, 11:20 AM
i had that problem when i got the supra, thats how i got it for $30, but i took the rear end differential apart and glued everything to gether to make it posi-track and it ran perfect for a while, but i eventually got a new differential from one of the RS cars that messed up, he gave me a whole chassy, the electronics we fried. go talk to your local RS guys if your lucky they will have one layin around for you..

mpevine11
03-05-2005, 12:07 PM
i dont think i have that but i also have 4WD