PDA

View Full Version : airbrush help

XmodzICON82
01-14-2009, 04:42 PM
i got an airbrush for christmas. its' a paasche double action air brush syphon feed. after a couple of paint jobs with it i took it apart using the diagram to ensure i put it back together right...and air goes through the airbrush but won't take paint with it...is there something i did wrong or is there another problem...please help anyone!!!

texan_idiot25
01-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Wrong section.. moving

bondo
01-14-2009, 09:01 PM
for the quick and easy fixes, start by checking that your straw and the body of the airbrush are claen of paint and debris.
it could be as simple as a glob of dried paint.

also make sure that the nut on the rear of the brush is tight.(needle guide)
if that nut is loose then the needle wont pull when the trigger is pulled back and no paint will go through.

if those arent the cause of the problem then take it apart again and make sure you have all of the parts according to this exploded view(assuming its a VL model)
http://www.hobbytools.com.au/images/vl_airbrush_exploded.gif

hopefully it's a simple fix.
goodluck,

XmodzICON82
01-14-2009, 11:38 PM
i pulled it completely apart...and telling by the diagram you have that's the one i have....i cleaned everything and put it back together...the needle moves when i push down on the lever and pull it back it just blows air and doesn't take paint....i might take it to the hobby town by my house, one of the guys there owns a few and probably knows more about it then i do....i just hope that this can be fixed so i can get more paint and continue to use it so i can get better...and sorry texan about where i posted this earlier....looks like i need to refresh myself with the rules & guidelines....