PDA

View Full Version : My newest adddition

Mod-Mad
01-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Here is my Latest addition to my xmod body collection. Let me know what you think and maybe even suggestions.

stang_racer
01-07-2009, 10:26 AM
well is it on a gen one chassis? if so i would see if you can get a hold of a evo chassis and throw in a spacer in the chassis so that the whells will line up better inside the wheel wells, if its a gen one try fabing something up your self to make it longer, a peice of plastice between the main chassis and the rear deck will do the trick, other that that looks great!

Mod-Mad
01-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Actually it is on a Evo titan truck chassis. What would you suggest for a spacer on that chassis. Because the wheel are just a tiny bit off.

NYJETSFAN87
01-07-2009, 02:31 PM
like stang said...line up the wheels better...maybe get the slammed rims for it and paint it black or something to match the rims..that'd be sick...i like the body though

TheB1GDude
01-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Good looking body, I would say fit the slammed rims as they will fill the wheel wells much better, you might also need to make a custom spacer from plastic to extend the rear wheels slightly more....

FloydfanYodaman
01-07-2009, 02:49 PM
nice body, i agree the slammed wheels and a slight extension and that will be a mean looking ride

Mod-Mad
01-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Like I said I need some help on what to use as a spacer.:nod: I also just put a spoiler on it yesterday. I will try to get some pics.

Skv012a
01-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Get some styrene sheets and cut out whatever spacer you need. Great stuff to work with.

dccracing
01-07-2009, 05:44 PM
why a truck? i don't know if its just me or something, but i just can't stand it when trucks are that low to the ground and have those stupid chromed rims... trucks are suposed to be dirty and tall and off roady. thats cool

TheB1GDude
01-07-2009, 05:59 PM
why a truck? i don't know if its just me or something, but i just can't stand it when trucks are that low to the ground and have those stupid chromed rims... trucks are suposed to be dirty and tall and off roady. thats cool

Everyone has their own opinion on what looks good.... all we've suggested so far is the slammed rims as they will fill the wheel arches a little more than the current ones but its up to the builder if he takes our advice....

@ mod-mad - if you can't get any styrene just cut up a CD case into a small rectangular shape drill holes in it that match with the spacer and rear gear box and use that as the extension plate.

Mod-Mad
01-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the tips. As for the style , yes i agree that trucks should get dirty but I wanted it to be as accurate as possible. Which means a low-profile. I do have a question for the wheels. what about the same diameter rim but larger tires.Here's a couple of pics like I said I'm still not sure on the wheels.

Mod-Mad
01-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Ok so I was able to put an extension on the chassis (cd case was a great idea. thanx B1gdude:) and its perfect. So I will try to get some other pics. in the gallery ,but I 'm still not sure on the slammed wheels because I made it to fit those wheels. Even still thanx for the tips they were a great help.

dccracing
01-15-2009, 04:22 PM
yes it is his truck. i was just trying to express my opinion. i was not telling him he needed to do this or that. as for the scale apearance, that is a good idea. i like it when people keep exterior mods to as minimum. again, just my opinion for all those out there who think i am trying to force people to do something.