PDA

View Full Version : Sidewinder Slash

Stampedekid
01-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Yesterday I went to the LHS in hope of getting a Sidewinder 5700..I walked out with more than expected. I walked out with the Sidewinder 5700, but also a Team Orion Rocketpack 7 cell 4500mAh NiMh pack. I am yet to run it because i have to give the pack a full charge and then program it. Gonna be a beast! Don't know how I am going to keep the front tires on the ground though. ageekwithabaja(kid who I talk to from another forum) has a Sidewinder 5700 and a 7 cell 4600 mAh and his Stampede does close to 50 and he has trouble keeping his front tires on the ground. Should be tons of fun. The System cost me $150 flat and the pack was $60 with taxes.

EDIT: Sorry no pictures right now but I will have some later.

firebird999
01-03-2009, 12:54 PM
sidewinder ftw! that's what's in my rustler. i bought it because i needed a new esc (some m*****f****** c*** sucking b**** from craigslist completely ripped me off. don't ask how, it's a long story). so i figured, "why not go all out and get a brushless motor too? so i payed $150 for a sidewinder. and guess what? it still doesn't run. i'm so po'd right now, even though i think i know the problem and it's an easy fix. well, have fun with your working sidewinder in your working slash that you didn't buy off of satan.

Stampedekid
01-03-2009, 12:58 PM
sidewinder ftw! that's what's in my rustler. i bought it because i needed a new esc (some m*****f****** c*** sucking b**** from craigslist completely ripped me off. don't ask how, it's a long story). so i figured, "why not go all out and get a brushless motor too? so i payed $150 for a sidewinder. and guess what? it still doesn't run. i'm so po'd right now, even though i think i know the problem and it's an easy fix. well, have fun with your working sidewinder in your working slash that you didn't buy off of satan.

Lol, my pack is finishing up its charge on my Duratrax Onyx 230 charger, that tells me when it's topped off. Then off to programing and lastly running. Running easy is not a word in my RC dictionary. I'm going all out! First...I'm gonna go eat lunch lol.

firebird999
01-03-2009, 01:04 PM
so lucky... i have the coolest trak ever. getting there is the only problem. (i need to cross two rotten trees over 5 foot deep traxxas eating streams.) maybe i'm bettr off taking it to a skatepark. or you know what would be sweet? monster jam is coming to my town again. if there's any way i can get into the arena after the competition... holy crap, i'd be the envy of all rc enthusiasts.

well, can't wait to see how yours performs. get videos.

Stampedekid
01-03-2009, 06:46 PM
I'll try to get some tomorrow. This thing rips. The tires balloon so big...while its driving...and I'd say at least 45 MPH! Maybe faster but I couldn't even have it hit full speed, too much sand in the road, too many parked cars, and not enough space. I may take it to an open parking lot tomorrow or the field to see how fast it really is. Didn't even get too hot so I may put on the 23T Pinion! Should be crazy fast by then!

firebird999
01-03-2009, 07:00 PM
yeah, i was thinking about switching the gears in mine for a few minutes. if i find a long enough strip of street, i may break 100 mph. if you're not too worried about the motor's safety, you should try it or something like it.

Stampedekid
01-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Sorry dude but kinda hard to break 100mph unless you are running a Mamba 9000 and I don't even think that is available to the public yet. Also watch your motor's temps because you would not want to over heat the motor. ;)

Stampedekid
01-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Ok I am going to update this. Brushless is the best thing I've done to this truck(and I haven't done much to it to begin). I just broke a rear hub(right side) today because I landed a jump wrong, too much wind and I wasn't getting it at the right angle so it landed on its side and broke it. First I thought it was my axle. And it was no minor air, I'm talking a 3 foot snow mound, was going about 35mph(not WOT) and hit the snow mound, wind caught it, nothing else I could really do but watch as it went from about 7 feet up to 0 and make a loud bang as it hit into the ground then rolled. Was actually funny to watch. Well lucky me, I had an extra from when I broke it the last time, took me about 10 minutes to swap it and I put on the 23T pinion so it should be even faster now. Can't wait to get a 9.9V 3S A123 or a 11.1V 3S Maxamps pack. Most likely getting the A123 but that's just me. Yes my charger can do A123, LiPo, NiCd, NiMH, and I think LiFe packs....yes LiFe packs too.

clintr79
01-24-2009, 11:09 PM
I run a maxamps 8cell 4700mah pack in my vxl rustler and it is crazy fast already.I would like to see what it would do on the lipos or the 10 cell max it can take.