PDA

View Full Version : XXX HPI E10 Drift

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
12-27-2008, 08:10 PM
I am gonna get into the 1/10 scale drifting cars. I just ordered my first one an HPI E10 Drift RX-7. I did alot of research and read alot of reviews and this is supposed to be a good starter drift car. Does anyone else have one.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj116/theredmanfamily/E10D_05.jpg
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj116/theredmanfamily/chassis_2.jpg
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj116/theredmanfamily/hpi_remote.jpg

stang_racer
12-27-2008, 08:52 PM
ive also heard alot of good things about these cars at the hobbie shop, like one good thing is their a shaft drive and not a belt drive so there isnt the rick of something getting suck in the belt and causeing a jam of some sort, other than than check out hpis site for all the hop up parts and replacement parts too! best of luck with it and let me know how it is is everyday use, ive benn thinking on buying one for about 2 months now!

greenday
12-27-2008, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=stang_racer;201268]ive also heard alot of good things about these cars at the hobbie shop, like one good thing is their a shaft drive and not a belt drive so there isnt the rick of something getting suck in the belt and causeing a jam of some sort, QUOTE]

provided that nothing gritty gets in there and chews up the shafts, seals. very nice, i thought that was a very good deal/car for the money. you'll have much more fun on a larger scale because more things can be adjusted, resulting in a better drive.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
12-27-2008, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=stang_racer;201268]ive also heard alot of good things about these cars at the hobbie shop, like one good thing is their a shaft drive and not a belt drive so there isnt the rick of something getting suck in the belt and causeing a jam of some sort, QUOTE]

provided that nothing gritty gets in there and chews up the shafts, seals. very nice, i thought that was a very good deal/car for the money. you'll have much more fun on a larger scale because more things can be adjusted, resulting in a better drive.

I already drive at the larger scale. a little of everything and Nitro. This is just my first venture into Drift.

Stampedekid
12-27-2008, 10:17 PM
The only bad thing I can think of is the motor mount. It's bad in all of them especially the Brama 10B

Donziikid
12-28-2008, 09:43 AM
The only bad thing I can think of is the motor mount. It's bad in all of them especially the Brama 10B

Why do you think that? Just curious. :)

noturday
12-28-2008, 11:07 AM
i'm venturing into the r/c drift world as well, but i got the HPI Sprint 2 Drift Sport (350z body). not to be rude but i think mine is built a little better, it has a bunch of anodized aluminum parts and a little different drive setup than what i see on yours. mine's motor is mounted sideways and it has belts running to the front and rear differentials.

the electronics dont seem to be that different, though, what motor is yours running? mine has a 15T.
also, are your tires hard plastic or rubber? the tires on mine are a hard rubber and they are treaded

stang_racer
12-28-2008, 02:07 PM
yea e10 comes with a 27t motor and hard rubber tires, i dont know if their treaded or not but i remeber whne i was reading the box it said that it has hard rubber drift tires

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
12-28-2008, 02:32 PM
i'm venturing into the r/c drift world as well, but i got the HPI Sprint 2 Drift Sport (350z body). not to be rude but i think mine is built a little better, it has a bunch of anodized aluminum parts and a little different drive setup than what i see on yours. mine's motor is mounted sideways and it has belts running to the front and rear differentials.

the electronics dont seem to be that different, though, what motor is yours running? mine has a 15T.
also, are your tires hard plastic or rubber? the tires on mine are a hard rubber and they are treaded

Well Like I said I got this as a starter, I know the Sprint is better. I don't want to put the money into it yet. Ill eventually jump up to the BA cars.

Sweed
12-29-2008, 09:20 PM
So your saying that shaft driven is better than a belt driven car?
Let the wars begin.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
12-29-2008, 09:36 PM
So your saying that shaft driven is better than a belt driven car?
Let the wars begin.

Yeah, Belt driven is supposed to be the top of the food chain.

stang_racer
12-29-2008, 09:53 PM
well to be honest everyone i havent owned either belt ot shaft road cars of any kind besides the xmods lol, but all im going on is what ive been told when at the hobbie shop, and these guys have been in it for a while, so personaly i havent had any expeirience

XMDrifter
12-29-2008, 10:31 PM
both have dowfalls:
belt pros:
no torque steer
flexes so it doesn't require center axle cups
doesn't require bevel gears
less throttle slop
cons:
belts are fragile and need tension
there's belt slack
belt could snap

shaft pros:
durable
solid
no need to adjust tension

cons:
torque steer
more slop because parts are stiff
more moving parts so there's slower throttle response

but anyways, the sprint is belt, the e10 is shaft, and it really doesn't matter.
and besides. you don't need a "drift" car to get into the drift world.
3X, you got an electric 1:10? just a normal one? if you do, go to home depot or something, get a 10 foot length of 2 inch pipe, cut it into 1 inch wide rings, and fit it on a set of wheels (4 wheels). there you have it. slap em on, and you'll be drifting.

any more tips for 1:10, go to DRCCentral and browse around. there's tons od stuff that you can do and it's pretty cheap to do.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
12-30-2008, 12:13 AM
I don't have a 1/10 car. I have a 1/18 AE which is crap now. I have Nitro trucks, and a Gas buggy. This is the first electric car besides Xmods and Z's I've had since the Tamiya Astute I got in 1989 (which is in prestine condition)

Besides that I do well and have money, Im not buying PVC and cutting it. I can afford tires. I have seen that done.

I never really got cars before because at this scale I like off-road and jumping 8' ramps and buying new A arms and stuff. A car never fit into that. So now I have one and Im gonna try drifting for awhile. Thanks for the info though.

XMDrifter
12-31-2008, 01:23 PM
well even if you do have money, the pipe will last longer, drift longer drifts, and you don't have to buy a new set every 2 runs (like if you get yokomo's drift ring tires. the rubber will wear pretty quick and it will be a bit too grippy to do really long and smooth slides)
i drift my 1:10. it's never seen any grip driving. it's done dust rally though. :P