PDA

View Full Version : Micro Servo to a Mini-Z MR02 board

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
12-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Well does anyone know the wiring to do this.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj116/theredmanfamily/DSCN1915.jpg

fieldfairy2
12-26-2008, 05:06 PM
You are going to have to open the servo and cut out the board, (now it is a 5 wire servo) and the power wires should be the same(red and black), the pot i have no idea. just experiment but it is a 2 wire pot... the power/motor is easy, the pot is hard, i have heard of the ruining a z board with the pot wires wrong.

Don't try it my way until some further info. I have done this to a micro t esc(jr sport sm22)and xmod evo board(hs-55)

color0
12-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Just guess and check for the pot, and if you have a Futaba, check that your servo is not made in China. I was talking to the owner of PN Racing, he had a batch of China-made Futabas that burnt up several of his Mini-Z boards. Taiwanese Futabas are good. If it's a Hitec, just guess and check because it won't do the board or the servo any harm if you get it wrong.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
12-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Just guess and check for the pot, and if you have a Futaba, check that your servo is not made in China. I was talking to the owner of PN Racing, he had a batch of China-made Futabas that burnt up several of his Mini-Z boards. Taiwanese Futabas are good. If it's a Hitec, just guess and check because it won't do the board or the servo any harm if you get it wrong.

Okay, Its a hitech. So I have to open the servo up and pull the board out.

inside it has a green and a white wire going from the board to the motor. and also a black one grounded to the side of the motor. the brown, orange and red wires from the plug go to the board. What exactly am I contecting where. from the MR02 board to the servo.

fieldfairy2
12-26-2008, 05:38 PM
the ground wire you cut off, it doesn't matter. white is probably positive and green negative for the motor/power, lighter colored wires are usually positive, the pot you just need to experiement.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
12-26-2008, 08:55 PM
the ground wire you cut off, it doesn't matter. white is probably positive and green negative for the motor/power, lighter colored wires are usually positive, the pot you just need to experiement.

Thanks guys I think i got it. It works but has a little gitter.

XMDrifter
12-26-2008, 09:49 PM
hmm. might have been easier had you bought the hs55 because we have a tutorial on that.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
12-26-2008, 09:53 PM
hmm. might have been easier had you bought the hs55 because we have a tutorial on that.

I have one, but its a little big, This one is smaller then the HS-55. But wheres the tutorial, I tried to find it.