PDA

View Full Version : Red Rings Of Death

vietazndude
12-23-2008, 12:48 PM
So i just recently got the red rings, which sucks because it's winter break right now. Anyone know how long it takes? And if they actually repair the xbox?

TheB1GDude
12-23-2008, 01:19 PM
They don't bother repairing because its such a common fault (I'm on my 3rd now) they just send you a new well refurbished one as soon they receive yours....

If you haven't already try and do it through the website its much quicker than doing it over the phone... takes about 3 weeks for the whole process, 1 week to get the box and ship it back, then 1-2 weeks for them to receive and return....

Skv012a
12-27-2008, 03:57 AM
Wrong dude. Xclamp replacement fix. http://xe.brothersoffreedom.com/en/tutorial.php?n=xclampeng
Omit the credit card bits and use something better than washers on RAM chips. Also, use a blowdryer to remove the warranty sticker intact in case this doesn't help you.

Junk-mod-er
08-18-2009, 11:29 PM
The Xclamp fix is basically the only option, but if you like gaming, you're ****ed on a 360...which is why mine is watercooled and in a PC case.
I spent around $100 on fans and temp probes on my GPU and CPU...that thing had AIRFLOW and was too loud. Yet it still red ringed.
Xbox 360 is just an awful design; for christwagon's sake, the GPU heatsink is UNDER the DVD drive, which generates plenty of heat by itself--and there's only one crappy fan!

Yet I still enjoy the XBL experience...even though I dropped $1K on my console to keep it stable.
Ed

zippo855
08-18-2009, 11:39 PM
i'm glad you shared your experience on how to make it better, but come on did you read the time stamp? almost 8 months old.....

Junk-mod-er
08-19-2009, 12:11 AM
i'm glad you shared your experience on how to make it better, but come on did you read the time stamp? almost 8 months old.....

...better than wasting your bandwith and starting a new thread.:p
It was on the first page, might as well give some input if the gamers' section is so inactive.