PDA

View Full Version : Electric Drifter Help

pwned12355
12-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Well i'd like to get into electric drifting cuz it looks like a blast and i have a realy large coldisac that would be perfect for it.
i was wondering what would be the best (and cheapest) place/site to get one at ive checked out hpi but im not so sure about them
id realy like some feed back because that would be realy helpful

any help apreciated
ME

SPR
12-21-2008, 10:39 PM
towerhobbies.com would probly be the best place to order from. unless you can find the same model on ebay cheaper (not very often)

tamiya produces some great electric drifters, and some of the most wanted. but also the most expensive.

but the HPI drift kits are pretty decent out of the box too. Cost about $500 bucks though for a very nice drift car... keep that in mind.

snowboi1289
12-21-2008, 10:49 PM
http://www.nitrorcx.com/recocardr.html Thats very cheap for drift cars.

pwned12355
12-21-2008, 10:56 PM
ok so clearly i want the closest looking think to a crx..the toreno
but i dont no if it comes with EVERYTHING like duh the car chasi and body but does it in clued charger remote and everythng else nesecery to run it.
i have a traxxas t maxx 2.5 (with the 3.3 engine) and was wondering if i coould use that remote also the traxxas came with a starter batery charger/de-charger and was wondering if i could use that to charde my batterise which i probobly could cuz on the side it has a whole long list of things it can charge

and heres the link:http://www.nitrorcx.com/toyota-86-initial-d.html

thx

snowboi1289
12-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Did you check out the site that is in my previous post?

pwned12355
12-21-2008, 11:00 PM
did u check my edit?
haha ya i looked at it

snowboi1289
12-21-2008, 11:04 PM
A RTR for like $100. thats a good price.

Sweed
12-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Get a E-Revo and throw PVC Tires on it.
Done.

pwned12355
12-21-2008, 11:11 PM
A RTR for like $100. thats a good price.

i understand thats a good price but if i dosent come with EVERYTHING then its guna cost like 500 bucks and i dont have that kinda muni

youngxmodder
12-21-2008, 11:11 PM
i second Sweed, i would get something like the E-Revo and put different tires on it to drift and when your bored, you can put the off road tires on and hit the track(front yard) and play in some dirt, or you can get some kind of truggy and put PVC tires on it, might be a little more than a rtr drift car but also multi-purpose for what you want to do.

snowboi1289
12-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Its an RTR, it comes with everytihn, what do you mean?

pwned12355
12-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Its an RTR, it comes with everytihn, what do you mean?

what i meant was like the controlar and the charger and stuff like that that didnt come with the traxxas(u bye the chassi and body different from the gas and controloer and starter)

so if everything is included then im with u

stang_racer
12-21-2008, 11:18 PM
also go try and find parts for that rcx car before you buy it to make sure you can get replacement parts and look up a review on it before you buy it, see the only thing im thinking is that a lot of hobbie shops dont carry that barnd and i have asked the lhs that i hang out at sometimes about the rcx stuff, and they've been open for 5-6 years now, and they said "huh what brand? sounds bogus" so they said if you buy something thats not a majior brand go look up parts and reviews first before you buy it! because it really sucks when you buy it and it breaks then you cant get parts for it, know what i mean? lol just be sure you know what your buying before you buy it!

pwned12355
12-21-2008, 11:25 PM
also go try and find parts for that rcx car before you buy it to make sure you can get replacement parts and look up a review on it before you buy it, see the only thing im thinking is that a lot of hobbie shops dont carry that barnd and i have asked the lhs that i hang out at sometimes about the rcx stuff, and they've been open for 5-6 years now, and they said "huh what brand? sounds bogus" so they said if you buy something thats not a majior brand go look up parts and reviews first before you buy it! because it really sucks when you buy it and it breaks then you cant get parts for it, know what i mean? lol just be sure you know what your buying before you buy it!

haha thanks man ill total look into it as much as i can because ur probly rite but i do realy want a good relable machine that is cheep-ish

edit:sweed i did look into that actualy but its just not the same with a t-maxx 3.3 that goe 100+ mph haha see where im going...

SPR
12-21-2008, 11:42 PM
dont but cheap *** crap like rcx. you'll pay more money in the end. Buy quality. you get what you pay for. if you can afford a 250-300 dollar kit. and then later on another 200 bucks in upgrades to make it a quality drift car. well get a better job, save some more money, or keep dreaming. cheap kits just dont cut it. they hurt the pocket book more in the long run.

pwned12355
12-21-2008, 11:46 PM
well i feel ya and im totaly a spender not a save so its time for CHANGE ill shall wait till summer to mow grass and then only then will bye a super drifter
thx man i look into something more "hobby grade" if u will like hpi and see what i can find

as kyle says..

cheers,
kyle...eerrr Ari

SPR
12-21-2008, 11:49 PM
it will really be money more well spent to just save and wait it out. Go look at anyone that does competition drifting. Not a single one is using a cheapo kit lol. because they just dont perform good. theres a reason behind it. and thats it.

i think AE has a pretty good cheap drift kit too. but i cant recall. Either way. 250 bucks doesnt take too long to save. as long as ya dont spend it! ;)

pwned12355
12-21-2008, 11:51 PM
haha y no spendy for a while but there isnt much i can do now to make money i could sell stuff but its not worth it cuz anything i have worth a lot i like to much so ya ill wait ti out

youngxmodder
12-22-2008, 12:22 AM
i would save since you said there is no way for you to get money ok, here's something: ok grab a shovel or if you can a snowblower(usually a shovel), go around the block or somewhere were you don't walk for miles if you see people's driveways and sidewalk unplowed, go up to the door and knock, if someone answers, ask if you can shovel for them for like 5 bucks (thats all i asked for) unless and old person then do it for free, then if they say yes and go ahead and start scooping. boom you earn some money. i did it last year it worked good for xmod parts and misc. things. i saved money from last year and i bought an axial ax10 with some assistance from my dad, for credit card purposes, and earlier today i bought L4D(Left 4 Dead) with some more money from shoveling. it may be time consuming but it will pay in the long run.( get that last sentence?)

snowboi1289
12-22-2008, 12:25 AM
RTR means Ready to run, so I'm 100% sure it will come with everything.

pwned12355
12-22-2008, 12:27 AM
i would save since you said there is no way for you to get money ok, here's something: ok grab a shovel or if you can a snowblower(usually a shovel), go around the block or somewhere were you don't walk for miles if you see people's driveways and sidewalk unplowed, go up to the door and knock, if someone answers, ask if you can shovel for them for like 5 bucks (thats all i asked for) unless and old person then do it for free, then if they say yes and go ahead and start scooping. boom you earn some money. i did it last year it worked good for xmod parts and misc. things. i saved money from last year and i bought an axial ax10 with some assistance from my dad, for credit card purposes, and earlier today i bought L4D(Left 4 Dead) with some more money from shoveling. it may be time consuming but it will pay in the long run.( get that last sentence?)

well trust me id love to plow snow cept one small problem (u probobly didnt now this) there is no snow in winston salem, NC
its soposed to be relay cold ouside rite now and it did rain the other day but its 10 degrees then its 60 and rains then it gets dry and it starts over
it snowed one like 3 weeks ago but it was like hhalf an inch and all melted before i could get back from school..i look for something to make money off of..
i did get ur last sentance btw

SPR
12-22-2008, 12:34 AM
RTR means Ready to run, so I'm 100% sure it will come with everything.

ready to run never means pull it out of the box and start running. theres always more you have to buy.

snowboi1289
12-22-2008, 12:50 AM
Like what? With nitro's you have to buy fuel and batterys, that it. With electric cars, all you have to buy, is the batteries for the controler, which it might come with them.

What kinda stuff do you have to have that doesnt come with that RTR he listed?

stang_racer
12-22-2008, 01:13 AM
rtr usually mean ok ready to run lol or ready to race or what have you but USUALLY the rtr models can run right out of the box, like the xmod its a rtr but they dont bother calling it a rtr because there isnt a non rtr model, so... like the website says rtr is ready to go right outta the box just add batteries so i guess if you really wanna get technical its not becasue the batteries dont come with it. but really it basicaly is or else it says minimal assembly required like something a 4 year old can do.

pwned12355
12-22-2008, 11:07 AM
well i meant like with the traxxas i got i wasnt ready to run because it didnt come with the remote and gas and starter and stuff sooo thats reason i had questions about rtr because ya its ready to rune after u wait 12 hours for the batery to charge...
thx abunch for ur input guys/girs

XMDrifter
12-22-2008, 03:24 PM
RTRs only need 1 thing: driver and the normal batteries for the remote
on occasion you'll find an rtr that needs a battery and charger, but don't sweat it.
get something like a rtr tamiya tt01E. bodyshell doesn't matter. you can chage that for 25 bucks to whatever car you want.
it'll be a bit more expensive that you want it to be, but it's worth it if you're just gonna be drifting.

Donziikid
12-22-2008, 04:32 PM
What in the hell is everyone arguing about in here? I can't even decipher half the posts in this thread. If you want to ask a question, answer a question or even post on this forum, please make it legible. This thread is atrocious!

Now, pwned12355, you just need to learn how to read a webpage and see what comes with the item you’re purchasing. Every manufacture has a slightly different idea on what or what is not “Ready to Run.” Here are two prime examples:

1. RTR: Traxxas Stampede XL5. Comes with the radio set (receiver/transmitter), motor and ESC. I still needed to buy a battery, a charger and batteries for the transmitter. Certainly isn’t RTR to me, but the manufacture claims it is.
2. RTR: Associated RC18MT. Comes with the radio set (receiver/transmitter), motor, ESC, 1100mAh battery and a 120V wall charger. Hmm, now that’s RTR.

As mentioned above, and proved with two examples, each manufacture/seller has a different way to saying “Ready to Run (RTR)”. This is why it is so vitally important to read the fine print.

Now, the term RTR has been described. Either take this back on topic (give suggestions on what Drifting car is “Best” for pwned12355) or I will be forced to close this for being so off topic.

Cheers,
Kyle.

SPR
12-22-2008, 04:53 PM
RTR just means the car is assembled. it doesnt mean it will drive out of the box. if its not RTR that means you have to build it. thats ALL it means.

We have all gave you your suggestions, he knows what to look for. Tamiya's, HPI's or possibly an AE. He knows he doesnt have the money. he already said okay im just going to save untill i can afford what was suggested.

i wasnt trying to start and argument about ready to run. i dont know why anyone started arguing about ready to run. But pwned has his answer. case closed.