firebird999
12-20-2008, 10:52 PM
i want an rc halicopter
needs to be:
good for beginners
not look like a military helicopter
have part of the body on the bottom, so it's easy to mount a camera
good upgrades
>$150 (or a little more if it's worth it)
be able to fly high (500+ feet)
last long on a charge

SPR
12-20-2008, 11:00 PM
so im asuming since u say change, nitro is out?

ill talk to my heli buddy, he is a master at these things. but he likes nitros. so im not sure about electric.

i always found the air hog ones quite fun lmao.

firebird999
12-20-2008, 11:02 PM
well, i guess nitro is fine, but it's like, what, $25 a gallon? i'm not made of money, so idk. unless i was looking at special vip nitro fuel at my lhs and it's really about the same as gasoline...

SPR
12-20-2008, 11:04 PM
yeah its 25 bucks a gallon. but it also doesnt burn out as fast as a gallon of fuel in your real car.. so while yes its kinda expensive, its not tooo terrible. specially when good battery packs cost 70 bucks, and a charger another 70 bucks.. thats over 6 gallons worth of fuel... that will last a loong time.

firebird999
12-20-2008, 11:07 PM
true, true. well, i guess yeah, i'll take any recommendations.

Stampedekid
12-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Don't start out with a Nitro unless you really know what you are doing. Try an E-Flite Blade MCX, may be small but is incredibly easy to fly and me and my friend love ours. It was his first RC heli and my 4th RC Heli(first only 4 ch heli not 2ch) and we both could hover then fly on our very first flights.

Donziikid
12-28-2008, 09:53 AM
You'll want to definetly start with a co-axial helicopter. Personally, my first helicopter was a co-axial Robbins 22 (http://www.nitroplanes.com/ro224rarecor.html) by Esky. It's a great way to start into Heli's with a LiPo battery and it comes 100% ready to run; it even includes the eight AA's needed for the transmitter. ;)

At $75 it's a steal. You can learn quickly the in-and-outs of an RC helicopter, practice on it for a while and then pick up a more expensive single rotor heli. Plus, if you aren't that fast of a learner, and this will happen, replacement blades are only $5 for a set of four.

Cheers,
Kyle.

stang_racer
12-28-2008, 02:20 PM
personaly id ought your gonna find a heli that can go over 500ft and only pay 150 bucks, like my e-flite blade cx2 is a somewhat good beginer heli but its kinda odd flying any heli for the first time, and a good idea is to save your money buy a simulator, download the cx2 or what ever heli you decide to buy and practice flying it and make sure you know your stuff when you go to fly the real thing, because with a simulator the little red botton that resets the heli after you crash it becomes your best friend! and a BIG money saver lol!