PDA

View Full Version : motor issue, please help.

PIMPnifico
12-18-2008, 05:22 PM
hey all, I'm new here and I'm trying to get a problem with my xmod fixed. I recently bought the saleen Barricade, awd kit, and stage 2 upgrade. I installed the awd fine, but when I installed the motor kit, the car moved forward slowly and really slowly backwards, if at all. I tore the backend apart, trying to figure it out, but still no luck. So I took out the motor and installed the stock one back in....now this one is doing it!! Am I not matching the gears correctly, or what? I tried searching the forum, but I couldnt find anything that really resembled my problem. I dont think its a motor issue, since it is brand new. Thanks for the help

XMDrifter
12-18-2008, 05:54 PM
did you put the gear on the motor?
it's probably your awd binding. that's why all the rest of my cars besides my drifter are rwd

mini-z_drifter
12-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Are all the spur gears and pinion lined up and matching each others ratio? If so then just make sure your heat sink isn't screwed down on the motor to much or itll cause the teeth to lock up if you catch me. Other then that you might strait up just have a faulty motor.

zippo855
12-19-2008, 11:39 AM
did you put the correct shaft in for the 4wd? how freely does your car roll if you try to push it? and do you have the correct spacer in for the motor?

PIMPnifico
12-19-2008, 02:31 PM
I do have the correct shaft and spacer in. I'm gonna have to try the heat sink deal...that may be it. It rolls pretty freely. When I pick it up, all wheels turn just fine, backwards and forwards...its just when I put it down it won't more fast at all. I'll update with what happens when I loosen the heat sink.

PIMPnifico
12-20-2008, 11:48 AM
well, still no go. I loosened the heat sink and it didnt really work. i cleaned the gears off...nothing. I did notice that it does not roll freelly when i roll it by hand though. at one point, the motor kind of jams and stops the car. I dont want to say that the stock motor is faulty,since it was running fine before i pulled it out. could the gears just not be touching properly? Anyone have any other ideas...im kinda stumped. thanks for the help.

rsx racer
12-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Also, make sure the gears cover isn't too tight. Try running the car without it on and see if that makes a difference.

PIMPnifico
12-23-2008, 06:08 PM
i'll give that a try. I'm really starting to get disappointed with my xmod. I want this bad boy to work. is it possible that I fried something while switching motors? Am i supposed to connect the ground wire first (black), then the red?

deckerz
12-27-2008, 06:42 PM
it does'nt matter which wires you connect in order and you cant fry if its all rs stuff that i know of, check your diffs arn't too tight, as these guys said make sure you got the right gear ratio. Try it 2wd and see if that works and if it does take time in re-installing the front diff, make sure it fits snug and is in contact with the awd gear. if you are using the xmods street awd you will need a new shaft because what i heard they got the long shaft about 5mm too long.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
12-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Sounds like it's just a shaft problem, make sure it is in all the way and everything is running smooth before you put the screws back in.

youngxmodder
12-27-2008, 11:59 PM
batteries? awd shaft? wrong gear combo? my guess it that something is not seated properly and something is catching and binding it up.take the awd out first to see if the motor will move the rear wheels if the wheels move fast then you know its something wrong in the awd but if it doesnt maybe something is up with the motor.

PIMPnifico
12-28-2008, 12:37 AM
thanks guys, I'll give that a try

dccracing
02-08-2009, 11:50 AM
does it make any odd sounds? based on your description, it sounds kinda like batteries also.