PDA

View Full Version : My new pull start for the buggy

snowboi1289
12-18-2008, 04:06 PM
I just got the new pull start in the mail today!! I was sooo happy, and then I went to start it up, it didnt start. So I did a couple tweaks, got it to start, then it failed, it just stopped, di a bit more tweaking, started right up, my neighbors kids were looking at it, and they though it was pretty cool. One of them asked me if I could ramp it up a large thing of dirt in my yard, I told him it woiuld get too dirty. It stopped a second after that. So I go back, get the glow starter, a couple seconds after I tried to start it, it just went. Like I didnt have any control over it.

It was soo fast, yet I could not catch it. I had the controller in my hand, I turned off the controller and all. There was this car that looked like it was fixing to run it over, but it didnt turn down my street. It hit a larger curb, next thing I know, the muffler blows off, its so loud that everybody around the street ran outside. Finally I get to it (because it hit the curb, and tried to keep going, but was stuck). I grabbed the fuel tube from the carb, it stopped like 10-20 seconds later.

THANK YOU!!!! It didnt get into any kind of wreck, or get any damage. I need to get new small zip ties, after the muffler blew off I lost them, I'm 60% sure that they broke off.

I would get some pictures, but I'm using my batteries for the controler and the recievor.

Edit: Can a mod please change the title to "My new pull start for the buggy", I was in such a hurry to post it, that I didnt read what I typed.

Thanks.

zippo855
12-18-2008, 04:10 PM
lol, sounds like fun. i would suggest spending the 20 bucks or so and getting a failsafe to prevent any future incidents. i had a car get completely totaled right after i dropped 150 bucks into a bigger engine for it because the batteries in the receiver died. it hit a metal / concrete pole in a parking lot, it broke everything including my new engine. so now i run a fail safe in my nitros. only way to go after seeing what can happen if it takes off without control.
get it running and get some videos though :)

mustanglover
12-18-2008, 04:13 PM
my nitro sport when right throught a Aluminum shed and lived, nothing broke.

Check out RCU for fail safes.

snowboi1289
12-18-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm kinda on a budget right now, being as the state trooper with the jelly stain on his shirt....

I knew they have fail safe for both nitro and electric, but how does the nitro fail safe works? If the motor is going, and you dont have control of it, the motor is still going to go.

Stampedekid
12-18-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm kinda on a budget right now, being as the state trooper with the jelly stain on his shirt....

I knew they have fail safe for both nitro and electric, but how does the nitro fail safe works? If the motor is going, and you dont have control of it, the motor is still going to go.

It puts into full brake...not reverse but brake. Prevents runaways. Definitely a thing to get. I don't have one yet but since it is cold, I am pretty much done running the Nitro Pede until spring but may run now and then when it is warmer..

mustang-04
12-18-2008, 05:16 PM
you plug the fail safe into the receiver on the car and set it according to its instructions. so when the receiver on your car/truck loses signal it will release throttle and apply whatever brake pressure you set at setup. it takes all of 2 minutes to plug, set and go..

snowboi1289
12-18-2008, 08:32 PM
The recievor only has 3 channels, I think thats what its called. One a battery plug in, and both rear and fronmt servos.

That really scared me. I bent the controller antenna by accident when I was running. I bent it back though. I want to try to lift the wheels up more, or get larger wheels.

snowboi1289
12-20-2008, 03:13 AM
I'm planning on putting a old video cell phone on the back of the chassis. I threw the phone out the window when I was driving (I was mad), so its basicly broken, but some things still work, including the video, and camera. When ever it gets thrown down, or hit a lil' bit hard, it turns off, and restarts, hopefully it will be ok. It only goes 30 seconds, so I will try to part them all togethor, or just put all of them on youtube, or my photo bucket.

snowboi1289
12-20-2008, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK1lU-lfpXo thats a video of it.

biggie862005
12-23-2008, 08:00 PM
wait so you turned OFF the controller when the car ran away??? that could be why it ran....may have picked up a stray signal because you shut off your remote.... but i may be interpreting something wrong.

snowboi1289
12-23-2008, 08:02 PM
No, it was on, and wouldnt stop, so then I turned it off, the carb must have been stuck oipen, so it got air.

biggie862005
12-23-2008, 08:02 PM
ahhh ic...