PDA

View Full Version : I need some cobra help

mr.hotrod
12-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Okay i just decided to modify my ford cobra body top how should i paint it and what else should i do:-?

ling427ttvette
12-16-2008, 09:29 PM
We can give you suggestions all day of what to do. In the end you will do what you like.

What would I do? I would buy the body kit, mix and match and install the pieces that I think look best, lower the body, throw some nice wheels on it and leave it un-painted.

I tend to go for the simple, clean look as seen here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ling427ttvette/IMG_0153.jpg

I modified the hidden headlights to fit onto the front bumper with the lip (Yes, it actually required modification) but it looks clean and simple, nothing too flashy or weird to make it "unique"..

I like the simple look, but that might not fit what you like. Just look around at real life Cobras and Xmod Cobras, see what you like and do as you please to your car.

Notice the word "you" in there alot. ;)

blue504life
12-16-2008, 09:35 PM
it all just depends on what you like best, im working on a special edition 02 mustang right now, its search around and see what you like then modify that look alittle

snowboi1289
12-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Atleast give us some pictures of it now..

I dont like all these new/other members ask other members how they should paint something, it all comes down to what owner wants.

mr.hotrod
12-16-2008, 09:49 PM
its the plain red cobra with a body kit but i was thinking silver with blue stripes and completely blue sides and pro street rims

mustang-04
12-16-2008, 10:02 PM
I tend to go for the simple, clean look as seen here:

nice job lowering it, but it doesnt work for me being so low to the ground like that .. that car is meant to be loud and proud, not neat and sweet :/

but each their own, and so it should be :)

ling427ttvette
12-16-2008, 10:10 PM
nice job lowering it, but it doesnt work for me being so low to the ground like that .. that car is meant to be loud and proud, not neat and sweet :/

but each their own, and so it should be :)

If I had it my way, that car IRL would be clean as hell looking, but the nastiest meanest sounding car you've ever seen.

That, and it looks goofy raised back up to stock with those wheels.. tried it out and definitely did not like it. :lol:

mustang-04
12-16-2008, 10:37 PM
^ so true, its hard to tell with these things. no matter how you look at them the wheels never seem to fit right. theyre either to small, or they dont line up with the wheel wells etc..

best to just mod them to what works for you :P

ling427ttvette
12-16-2008, 10:58 PM
^ so true, its hard to tell with these things. no matter how you look at them the wheels never seem to fit right. theyre either to small, or they dont line up with the wheel wells etc..

best to just mod them to what works for you :P

Yeah, when the car is lowered the rear wheels sit a little bit forward in the wheel well and it bugs the crap out of me. I don't know how to fix it either.