PDA

View Full Version : So what's a safe paint cleaner?

Skv012a
12-10-2008, 05:18 PM
I think this thread could be pretty beneficial to everyone. I know that acetone works, but kills the plastic. Like XMD said in his thread, grain alcohol is bad too. What else is bad? What, if anything, can get the job done without any corrosion to the plastic?

Big Micke
12-10-2008, 05:23 PM
I don't know about paint cleanes, most of the wear out plastic, I use sand paper or wet sanding to take bad paint out.

merc3des
12-10-2008, 05:23 PM
I use nail polish remover, and alcohol to get small flakes of paint, and little smudges on details to get it off. It kills paint color, but when used a small scale works great for me.

mustang-04
12-10-2008, 05:27 PM
the only spray paint ill ever use on a plastic model with any kind of detail in it is Tamiya ..
their models are absolutely incredibly detailed as well. they make revell, amt, testors and the rest look like blobs of molded plastic .. but you pay the price!

http://www2.gpmd.com/image/t/tamr5029.jpg

edit: lol i read this thread entirely wrong, ooops :D

texan_idiot25
12-10-2008, 05:53 PM
You don't need a "everyone benefits" thread when the subject has been asked many times. Please use the search feature. We didn't put it up because it really tied the room together.

XmodzICON82
12-10-2008, 06:48 PM
if you are looking to remove paint from the whole car entirely, try using brake fluid...it worked real well for my rsx, and a skyline model car i painted a long time ago....i had each car sit in brake fluid for a minimum of week or 2 and then used a old toothbrush and removed the paint....it didnt comprimise the integrity of the plastic either....