PDA

View Full Version : No Steering?

Sweed
12-08-2008, 08:57 PM
So, the MR-02 was in pieces for a while (lost the e-clips for the kind pins), and put it back together. Tape the tires, turn it on. Full control over the throttle, but the steering servo keeps twitching and doesn't turn right or left.

Haven't pulled it apart yet (i'm tired), but any ideas?
Thanks.

Oh, if anyone is interested, the car (stock) will be for sale towards the holiday break...

2wdpancar
12-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Look at the pot, take it out of the servo casing, and turn the metal knob left and right. If it jitters you can eliminate the pot might be shot. I am guessing you checked for dirt in the gears and on the shafts?

Sweed
12-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Look at the pot, take it out of the servo casing, and turn the metal knob left and right. If it jitters you can eliminate the pot might be shot. I am guessing you checked for dirt in the gears and on the shafts?

Wha-wha-what?

torredo
12-09-2008, 02:14 PM
ontop the electronic board under the KYOSHO decal on the top chassis deck, peel that back theres a metal Potentiometer dial....however, youll need a plastic flathead to turn it or risk shorting it out. Turn it L/R to rid the jitters but make sure yor Tx is centered.

heres a FREEWEBS site to assist you.
http://www.freewebs.com/ztune/chassis.htm

good luck

TheB1GDude
12-09-2008, 03:33 PM
OK lets get all the stupid stuff out the way first:

* Decent set of batteries with a charge?
* If you pick it up can you freely move it left / right?
* If you pick it up and steering on the TX does the control arm move?
* Is the tie rod arm installed?
* Is the tie rod connected to the knuckles?

Think that covers all the basic, definitely check your POT but if its jittering with no steering at all then you may have a bigger problem.

Sweed
12-09-2008, 04:24 PM
1.)Decent set of batteries with a charge?
2.) If you pick it up can you freely move it left / right?
3.) If you pick it up and steering on the TX does the control arm move?
4.) Is the tie rod arm installed?
5.) Is the tie rod connected to the knuckles?
6.) Think that covers all the basic, definitely check your POT but if its jittering with no steering at all then you may have a bigger problem.

1.) Brand new engeriziers....
2.) Nope, just jitters....
3.) Elaborate.
4.) Actually, I'm not sure, but the wheels where jittering.
5.) Yes...
6.) If it's the pot, then what?

TheB1GDude
12-09-2008, 04:40 PM
On 3. sorry should have said tie rod... 3, 4 and 5 all kind of go together as in the tie rod might not be hooked on correctly so its moving but the wheels aren't....

The fact that when you pick it up and try to steer all it does is jitter makes me wonder if something isn't hooked up right, that would of course be the easiest solution to the problem.

If it's not that and you adjust the POT and still nothing then strip it down, clean and lube everything and put it back together... at worst case your electronics could be shot but I'd hope that isn't the case.

torredo
12-09-2008, 05:24 PM
1.) Brand new engeriziers....
2.) Nope, just jitters....
3.) Elaborate.
4.) Actually, I'm not sure, but the wheels where jittering.
5.) Yes...
6.) If it's the pot, then what?

then if its the pot, with the car on and the Tx on, start by making sure your Tx steering is centered. Then with with a plastic flathead screwdriver turn the pot adjustment left or right pending until the jitters are gone. making sure all is still centered.

2wdpancar
12-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Are you in need of pictures? It's not all that hard... Move the metal tab left and right with your fingers to see if there is full lock on each side. Centering the pot will not do much if it is the problem, you have to do process of elimination first.(aka removing pot from servo case and turning the tab)

Sweed
12-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Are you in need of pictures? It's not all that hard... Move the metal tab left and right with your fingers to see if there is full lock on each side. Centering the pot will not do much if it is the problem, you have to do process of elimination first.(aka removing pot from servo case and turning the tab)

Nope, it fixed itself I guess. Pull it apart and put it together, now it works.. Strange, maybe it just wanted attention or something... Now onto learning to drift with it...

Thanks for the help though.

Skv012a
12-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Now onto learning to drift with it...

Now you're talkin! I'm in the process myself with my 15, feel free to IM me so we can discuss.