PDA

View Full Version : Hpi E-Savage Flux

Stampedekid
11-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Check it out(vid is in link). Dual 3S(=to 6S), 62MPH(wonder if the motor overheats) and stand still backflips. This you can expect from HPI's new 1/8 Savage Flux Brushless. Check it out!
http://rcaddicts.darkbb.com/electric-f78/new-e-savage-t184.htm#3806
Video is in link. *Note: Never Seen or owned a Hobby RC, this is not for you. Start out with something easier to drive* Can't wait for this to come out and someone to test it! I know I would lol. Seeing the Price of Traxxas' Brushless E-Revo being over $600, wonder the price of this?

guitarboy911
11-29-2008, 03:41 PM
oh my lord. that thing it awesome. the stampete vxl does 70 but the savage is bigger and meaner.

i like. too bad its not free. i cant get it.

Stampedekid
11-29-2008, 03:46 PM
oh my lord. that thing it awesome. the stampete vxl does 70 but the savage is bigger and meaner.

i like. too bad its not free. i cant get it.

Stampede VXL does 65 and thats with the right gearing and LiPo. This uses a much lower KV, like in a Mamba Monster or Fegiao XL. Lower KV=Longer runs/cooler temperatures. But this also requires not one, but 2 batteries so if you use 2 3S LiPo's, it equals the amount of one 6S. But 62, 65, or 75MPH is not easy to control. You need experience with Fast RC to run these and these require more maintenance than an XMOD for example, a Mini Z, or even a larger, brushed RC.

guitarboy911
11-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Stampede VXL does 65 and thats with the right gearing and LiPo. This uses a much lower KV, like in a Mamba Monster or Fegiao XL. Lower KV=Longer runs/cooler temperatures. But this also requires not one, but 2 batteries so if you use 2 3S LiPo's, it equals the amount of one 6S. But 62, 65, or 75MPH is not easy to control. You need experience with Fast RC to run these and these require more maintenance than an XMOD for example, a Mini Z, or even a larger, brushed RC.

i know used to race gas in professional tournaments until the track and store was shut down. xmods are cheaper and smaller so i am here ;)

2 lipo's is insane though. no way i could do that.

you gunna get one?

Stampedekid
11-29-2008, 03:56 PM
i know used to race gas in professional tournaments until the track and store was shut down. xmods are cheaper and smaller so i am here ;)

2 lipo's is insane though. no way i could do that.

you gunna get one?

Nope, too much money. What gas/nitro's did you own? I own a Traxxas Nitro Pede and many electrics.

guitarboy911
11-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Nope, too much money. What gas/nitro's did you own? I own a Traxxas Nitro Pede and many electrics.

oh boy...uhh i started with a traxxas....somthing..lol then went to a ruslter then e-maxx's and t-maxx's and an axis. alot of traxxas cars. i think i only had one on-road racer. i car to scared of destoying such a beautiful thing. it was a tc3? tc4?

traxxas is nice though i like them.

badass_savage
11-29-2008, 05:11 PM
ive read price range of being around $650, also not a e-savage its a 1/8 savage the real deal.

guitarboy911
11-29-2008, 05:24 PM
ive read price range of being around $650, also not a e-savage its a 1/8 savage the real deal.

there isnt really a true name. 'e' as in electric.

the real one is gas.

badass_savage
11-29-2008, 05:31 PM
e- savage isnt a real savage its actually smaller and isnt as similar to the real thing as you think.....

guitarboy911
11-29-2008, 05:37 PM
oh i didnt know they were completely different. aight thanks man.

Stampedekid
11-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Well technically its not an E-Savage just the fact that It's an electric savy, I called it an E-Savage. E-Savy is 1/10 whereas this is 1/8.

stang_racer
11-29-2008, 11:25 PM
well my 25 never did back flips!!! i miss my old savy sooooooo much lol its almost tempting to buy this one

badass_savage
11-29-2008, 11:43 PM
There's video of a brushless savage doing a good 4ft backflip by climbing up a wall, just search brushless savage on YouTube the things are crazy.

guitarboy911
11-30-2008, 12:00 AM
There's video of a brushless savage doing a good 4ft backflip by climbing up a wall, just search brushless savage on YouTube the things are crazy.

i have seen those. holy crap lol....what BL can do is amazing

badass_savage
11-30-2008, 12:06 AM
yea makes me want to build one but honestly I just feel bl is more complicated then nitro, one little small miss cal and the ecs pops, seems there's alot more to go wrong where as with nitro you just turn some screws on the carb for power.

Stampedekid
11-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah but those videos are of people's converted Savages. This one is yet to be out. I like Nitro because it is not as hard as people think, doesn't lose power because of low fuel unlike electrics with batteries. No I am not against electric I just like my nitro better.

guitarboy911
11-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah but those videos are of people's converted Savages. This one is yet to be out. I like Nitro because it is not as hard as people think, doesn't lose power because of low fuel unlike electrics with batteries. No I am not against electric I just like my nitro better.

i like electric when i am feeling lazy...lol. you know what i mean. but when i want to like really get into driving my car then nitro.

badass_savage
11-30-2008, 06:39 PM
nothing will ever replace my nitro savage (well maybe another ) haha, i would like to build a bl savage but just seems like alot of work along with it just have way to much power for the truck to handle. yes it looks cool doing backflips and everything but id rather not have to replace dogbones, diffs, and drive cups after every run.

Donziikid
11-30-2008, 09:00 PM

What are the specs of the new Savage Flux HP motor? I know the Traxxas Velineon is a 3500kV motor.

Stampedekid
11-30-2008, 09:44 PM
What are the specs of the new Savage Flux HP motor? I know the Traxxas Velineon is a 3500kV motor.

Not exactly sure Donzii. Waitin for HPI to release some info. For now its top secret but it was probably from an e-mail like a newsletter from HPI.

badass_savage
12-01-2008, 03:15 PM
heres all the info on the flux aside from the price.

http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.php?lang=en&partNo=100647

thing is crazy!

Donziikid
12-01-2008, 04:23 PM
And that link answers my question: 2200kV.

Stampedekid
12-01-2008, 08:27 PM
2220kv is a nice rating. Not too low but just right. Should keep it not running so hot.

youngxmodder
12-01-2008, 08:33 PM
wow that thing is amazing but since i don't have much experience with the larger r/c trucks and cars so ill stick with a rustler or the axial ax10

Stampedekid
12-01-2008, 09:00 PM
wow that thing is amazing but since i don't have much experience with the larger r/c trucks and cars so ill stick with a rustler or the axial ax10

Rustler is a good beginner. You own one or no? Sorry my thread O/T lol. This would be wayy too much power for a beginner.

youngxmodder
12-01-2008, 09:16 PM
i owned one but got rid of it and a friend of mine owns a hobby shop and he receives some of this stuff so i go up there once and awhile and play with them and sometimes he lets me borrow them for awhile so im used to the more powerful stuff but im saying that this one is out of my league for price and the the brushless set up i've driven a couple brushless setups but never got used to it.

Stampedekid
12-04-2008, 08:29 PM
i owned one but got rid of it and a friend of mine owns a hobby shop and he receives some of this stuff so i go up there once and awhile and play with them and sometimes he lets me borrow them for awhile so im used to the more powerful stuff but im saying that this one is out of my league for price and the the brushless set up i've driven a couple brushless setups but never got used to it.

Brushless is a great thing as long as you can handle the power. Owning a Nitro Stampede and a Brushless Losi Micro DT and many others, I could be able to control it but the price will probably be within the $500 range if I could estimate so wayy too much for me.