PDA

View Full Version : rc18t rc18mt

guitarboy911
11-29-2008, 01:05 PM
okay so i have been looking at both of these for a while.
i can not decide between the two.

the truggy is cool and i like that look alot but is the MT version any better like going off road? or things of that sort. either way i am going brushless and what not. and i do realise you can but the tires and convert between the two styles.

if anyone has any input it would be appreciated.

mustang-04
11-29-2008, 01:25 PM
i personally would into a "vendetta mt" before you make a decision. it has a bigger motor, stronger chassis/parts and is roughly the same price.

just looks a better built all around 1/18th than the rc18 vehicles.

2 cents

guitarboy911
11-29-2008, 01:29 PM
yeah i have looked a little into that vendetta too. im not too fond of duratrax. (even though i have had a few of there cars)

and it has a thicker and wider chassis. but the rc18t i have heard is more top of the line and versital.

im looking into it now. i want them all. lol

Stampedekid
11-29-2008, 01:35 PM
i personally would into a "vendetta mt" before you make a decision. it has a bigger motor, stronger chassis/parts and is roughly the same price.

just looks a better built all around 1/18th than the rc18 vehicles.

2 cents

It's Vendetta ST not MT lol. I would say Vendetta over both because it has some good speed, better than the 18T or MT, and has aluminum towers, bulk heads, other parts that are easy to break. ST, bigger motor, no way, but it comes with all batteries including the ones for the Transmitter. The ST RTR is less than both 18 RTR's and comes with everything. I would say Duratrax because I trust their cars and trucks(not that I have anything against the RC18 series). The ST is more top of the line for what you get. And the tranny is stronger and easier to access than the 18T/MT. I want just about everything I see...then again.....I have a big collection...lol

guitarboy911
11-29-2008, 01:42 PM
ahhh! so many choices....

haha i dont know what to do. my cousin has an rc18t thats all aluminum and CF but that is one expensive upgrade....

but the vendetta comes with aluminum towers and bulk heads?

bosco72
11-29-2008, 03:20 PM
vendetta st you don't have to worry about rocks in the spure gear.I had all of the 1/18 and the vendetta st was the best one.associated rc 18 is a nice car but way to light and it's only good for indoor rug racing.

guitarboy911
11-29-2008, 03:24 PM
man i really need to just see all these in person. that or the best deal i can get on all aluminum for the model. cause thats almost a must.

Stampedekid
11-29-2008, 03:44 PM
man i really need to just see all these in person. that or the best deal i can get on all aluminum for the model. cause thats almost a must.

These things can handle abuse don't worry. If you seen what I do to mine, then you know they are durable. All aluminum can be bad because it bends. RPM or FLM are the best because they are the pretty much the same nylon that is used in XMOD wheel nuts. That can hold to abuse. But a 'Detta ST can hold abuse pretty darned well.

guitarboy911
11-29-2008, 03:49 PM
These things can handle abuse don't worry. If you seen what I do to mine, then you know they are durable. All aluminum can be bad because it bends. RPM or FLM are the best because they are the pretty much the same nylon that is used in XMOD wheel nuts. That can hold to abuse. But a 'Detta ST can hold abuse pretty darned well.

yeah im have alot of 1/10 and 1/8th stuff and that usually comes with aluminum or is added on.

i havnt had a 1/18 so i dont know what their little A-arms and struts can take. lol.

thanks for your input though.

what mods have you done on yours?

Stampedekid
11-29-2008, 03:55 PM
yeah im have alot of 1/10 and 1/8th stuff and that usually comes with aluminum or is added on.

i havnt had a 1/18 so i dont know what their little A-arms and struts can take. lol.

thanks for your input though.

what mods have you done on yours?

Well I do not have a Detta ST because I got a Losi MLST2 which has the crappiest servos I own. Replaced them 2 times and gotta do it again but that thing(besides the servos) has taken some serious abuse and withstands it all. If you decide to go aluminum, go Golden Horizons. Their customer service is fantastic, their products do not let down, and they are actually very nice(on another forum I belong to). My Losi Micro DT has been to hell and back and it's even smaller than these. The thing that is good about the MLST2 compared to other Losi Mini's and baisically every mini is that it has all steel diffs which allows for perfect jumping. The Vendetta ST is nicely driven, I've driven them before. They drive smoothly and jump very well thanks to the wing. BL is a total overkill and makes them fly without wings.. Here's what I said when I drove a BL one, "You don't need wings to fly."

guitarboy911
11-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Well I do not have a Detta ST because I got a Losi MLST2 which has the crappiest servos I own. Replaced them 2 times and gotta do it again but that thing(besides the servos) has taken some serious abuse and withstands it all. If you decide to go aluminum, go Golden Horizons. Their customer service is fantastic, their products do not let down, and they are actually very nice(on another forum I belong to). My Losi Micro DT has been to hell and back and it's even smaller than these. The thing that is good about the MLST2 compared to other Losi Mini's and baisically every mini is that it has all steel diffs which allows for perfect jumping. The Vendetta ST is nicely driven, I've driven them before. They drive smoothly and jump very well thanks to the wing. BL is a total overkill and makes them fly without wings.. Here's what I said when I drove a BL one, "You don't need wings to fly."

yeah i will admit BL is a bit overkill im not sure if it is worth it or not.

is your losi 2wd like the mini t?