PDA

View Full Version : What car would you like on the XMS Banner?

SPR
11-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Just a feeler for the staff at XMS to see which car, you the users, would like to see displayed on the XMS Banner. So you get the list of options, vote for what you want most!! and the COTM option means the winner of the COTM contest gets their car displayed for the next entire month untill hte new winner is choosen!

Enjoy.

fieldfairy2
11-26-2008, 01:08 PM
I like the idea of whoever wins the cotm gets their car up there. Otherwise it doesn't really matter to me.

SPR
11-26-2008, 01:12 PM
sorry it took so long for the poll, took me a minute to remember all the cars.

Please vote!

SPR
11-26-2008, 01:14 PM
whast your beef about this texan? you have a snotty remark in the other thread and now this...

i personally would rather keep the subaru, but others dont. So why not see what the community wants. its just for fun. nothing to get ****y over.

texan_idiot25
11-26-2008, 01:15 PM
You must provide all options in a poll, not just a forced decision vote. Because, there are people who just don't care.

And my reasons? Your getting incredibly *****y over it before anyone in the staff has time to really discuss about it.

SPR
11-26-2008, 01:21 PM
if you dont care, dont post... that what staff would say. and i wasnt getting *****y at all, was just throwing out an idea. only one getting *****y is you...

texan_idiot25
11-26-2008, 01:28 PM
if you dont care, dont post... that what staff would say. and i wasnt getting *****y at all, was just throwing out an idea. only one getting *****y is you...
If you make a poll, you must include all options. Otherwise, your argument will be "well everyone voted (X) car" when they had no choice in your poll to say otherwise. Same way pre-election polls work as well from various news sites.

Lets look back at your posts:
Well spending 5 minutes a month doesnt seem like a lot of work to me....
you've got like 10 mods... one little extra step once a month is a big deal? lol of course for one person, thats another story. I mean **** id even volunteer to do that

Loads of useless sarcasm used to attack on B1G. Your not tossing ideas, your on the attack to get your opinion to be fact. Like I said, your getting *****y before anyone on the staff has had time to talk about it.

Plus, if you want your opinion to matter to the staff, don't be an *** about it.

SPR
11-26-2008, 01:36 PM
well im sorry you read it as an "attack" to big, that was not my attentions. was just saying, i personally dont think its that much work to bring a simple new addition to the community to hopefully shut up those users who complain about not liking the subaru.

either way not going to argue with you, because ill never win, so if you think i was attacking him and being *****y, well fine. ill shut up and keep my mouth closed.

GearHeadV8
11-26-2008, 02:29 PM
SPR no offense at all but please calm down you have alot of very good useful advise to this forum. it would be a shame to see you be banned. I'm pretty sure this is what happened to H4 he was doin ok then BAM he turned on us and was a post whore. He has been banned like 4 times, it would be a shame for it to happen to you

Stampedekid
11-26-2008, 03:18 PM
COTM winner I say. That's all I can say so it won't be the same for a long time.

wadethejuggalo
11-26-2008, 03:18 PM
wait i take that back didnt see there could be a cotm winner one i want that one

firebird999
11-26-2008, 04:05 PM
yellow skyline

Donziikid
11-26-2008, 05:35 PM
My one stipulation about having the COTM winner as the banner is not always are we left with good pictures from the car owner. If this were to happen, I would please ask everyone to take as best quality picture as they possibly can. In all honesty, who wants a bland and over pixelated image showing the hard work and dedication this forum puts forth each and every month?

SPR
11-26-2008, 05:42 PM
My one stipulation about having the COTM winner as the banner is not always are we left with good pictures from the car owner. If this were to happen, I would please ask everyone to take as best quality picture as they possibly can. In all honesty, who wants a bland and over pixelated image showing the hard work and dedication this forum puts forth each and every month?

i completely agree with that. but as i stated earlier... how many winners of COTM have actually been less than acceptable quality photos? I mean honestly i dont think anyone with a crappy picture would ever win. It takes good quality photos to win you the competition just as much as your hard work does. so honestly i dont think that would be too big of a problem...

but this poll was just for fun, just to see what the community thought since i started hearing a lot of complaints aboutt the suby. (who in their right mind would complain about a subaru haha)

KITT222
11-26-2008, 05:46 PM
(who in their right mind would complain about a subaru haha)

no idea dude... btu yeah i like the idea of the COTM winners car of being the banner car for the month

SPR
11-26-2008, 06:03 PM
not to toot my own horn. but i just went threw the archives of all the contest.. and well id have to say i was right.

All of the winners had very nice photos that i dont see any reason wouldnt work perfect for being on the banner in a very presentable manor. and prob 90% of the entree's alone were the same way as well. very few people who entered had less than quality photos... Just my .02 cents.

noturday
11-26-2008, 06:06 PM
i completely agree with that. but as i stated earlier... how many winners of COTM have actually been less than acceptable quality photos? I mean honestly i dont think anyone with a crappy picture would ever win. It takes good quality photos to win you the competition just as much as your hard work does. so honestly i dont think that would be too big of a problem...

but this poll was just for fun, just to see what the community thought since i started hearing a lot of complaints aboutt the suby. (who in their right mind would complain about a subaru haha)

I would, i never have liked anything subaru makes tho, i'm kinda tired of seeing the blue subaru on this forum and others. i'd kinda like to see the new orange Z06 or maybe a rare car like the silver or blue 350z or skyline, or something....anything but the blue subie again

SPR
11-26-2008, 06:20 PM
lol well obviously some people would, we all have our own opinions, and just because i believe subaru is the best car ever made hands down. doesnt mean others agree.

as much as i like the suby, i think anything different would be a change for the better, seeing the same thing does get old after awhile. one reaons i like the cotm idea, its constantly changing. also i know on a forum i moderated for a while that did that, it bought a lot more attention to the TOTM contest because of course who wouldnt want to sign in and see their hard work and love on the banner for the entire world to see. So its just options. Only thing is if the staff can find the time to do it, and if they want too.

snowboi1289
11-26-2008, 06:35 PM
I would have to say the winner, but I picked 67 Camaro, because its a bada** car.

meme405
11-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Im willing to spend the time to cut out and crop and image, and send it to someone to post it up on the banner.

I use iPhoto HD... to edit the pictures and i will make sure it is a quality job, if you guys want i can post up a sample.

Just saying that that still can be an option even if the mods dont want to spend 5 minutes of their time...

stang_racer
11-26-2008, 07:25 PM
well imo the contest of the month winner would be a great idea, but also like donzi said it might just by luck happen that someone gets a smudge on their lens and poof bad pics and for some unstated reason cant retake the pics, not saying this is gonna happen or ever will but im just pulling the first thing off the top of my head. now the curent banner is alot better than the old one in the way that atleast now we have a car with plannels that line up quite a bit better like if you remember the pld on the bumper had a noticable gap in it. so i like it now and ill like it if its changed as long as we have change its all good, because when things are bland things are pointless!

kendallcschm
11-26-2008, 07:25 PM
SPR no offense at all but please calm down you have alot of very good useful advise to this forum. it would be a shame to see you be banned. I'm pretty sure this is what happened to H4 he was doin ok then BAM he turned on us and was a post whore. He has been banned like 4 times, it would be a shame for it to happen to you

well im sorry you read it as an "attack" to big, that was not my attentions. was just saying, i personally dont think its that much work to bring a simple new addition to the community to hopefully shut up those users who complain about not liking the subaru.

either way not going to argue with you, because ill never win, so if you think i was attacking him and being *****y, well fine. ill shut up and keep my mouth closed.

this is off topic and i don't think he intends to attack the staff... but i do agree that you have good advice and your posts are getting rather defensive... i wouldn't want to see you band either :)

mustang-04
11-26-2008, 08:10 PM
i really wouldn't mind seeing the original 4 XMODS untouched and in original shine.

why not?

yellow skyline
red supra
silver rsx
blue civic

skim4food
11-26-2008, 08:15 PM
what if we had a comp for the best banner? like people who are into graphic/ photoshop can compete in making a banner and the best one gets showed? and maybe do that like every 6months so people dont get too bored of the look? meh that may just be me... i just think that would be cool.

SPR
11-26-2008, 08:26 PM
also a great idea :)

GearHeadV8
11-26-2008, 08:28 PM
what if we had a comp for the best banner? like people who are into graphic/ photoshop can compete in making a banner and the best one gets showed? and maybe do that like every 6months so people dont get too bored of the look? meh that may just be me... i just think that would be cool.

That would be really cool nice idea id be down for something liek that. maybe we could make a COTM kinda thing. like every month members could design one and people could vote who has the best. maybe a bi monthly thing

this is off topic and i don't think he intends to attack the staff... but i do agree that you have good advice and your posts are getting rather defensive... i wouldn't want to see you band either :)

Thanks man, I just don't like good members go bye bye.

HUMMER H4
11-27-2008, 06:32 AM
Titan?! Alright...COTM winner. :roll:

fiberworkz
11-27-2008, 12:17 PM
I say it should be the COTM winner. [Don't worry Donzii I'll take good pics.:lol:]

merc3des
11-27-2008, 12:19 PM
The COTM winner should have the choice to choose whether or not his car is on the banner, thats my first input. And maybe monthly we can have a vote on if the community thinks the picture is a pass or fail. I don't think we will ever see a fail picture, because half of winning is presentation.

In the end we have to have a set idea, nothing flimsy that fluctuates, a solid system is needed.

imnotmikal
11-27-2008, 01:12 PM

If the COTM winner doesn't include good pics, they should be given about a week to get some good ones. If they don't then the second runner up should be featured. If they don't have any good pics, then go back to the Subaru one until the next COTM.

SPR
11-27-2008, 01:25 PM
If the COTM winner doesn't include good pics, they should be given about a week to get some good ones. If they don't then the second runner up should be featured. If they don't have any good pics, then go back to the Subaru one until the next COTM.

pretty straight forward simple solution.

Donziikid
11-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Everyone who thinks we're going to open a poll or competition for everything that needs to be decided is sadly mistaken. By the time you have everyone here to give their valid opinion, half the month is already wasted. By that time, what's even the point of having the new banner?

Seeing as how everyone has taken kindly to the COTM banner, we'll take this into consideration. Since mostly everyone has voiced their opinion that they would like the banner to be based around the previous COTM winner, there's no need for this to be discussed any longer. The Xmodsource Staff will decide on the proper way to go about doing this and we will go from there.

Thank you for your time and thoughts. :)

kendallcschm
11-27-2008, 04:06 PM
lol ok that was straight forward.... i think we should vote a little more on what happens to the looks of the site before the changes are made because people may not like the color scheme or the banner and so on... i feel that since we are the ones that have to live with the changes that we should all get a vote in what happens graphically here...

Donziikid
11-27-2008, 04:24 PM
lol ok that was straight forward.... i think we should vote a little more on what happens to the looks of the site before the changes are made because people may not like the color scheme or the banner and so on... i feel that since we are the ones that have to live with the changes that we should all get a vote in what happens graphically here...

Now this is just a couple steps too far. I've already stated the discussion was over and voting for everything is down right absurd. Blatantly disregarding the fact that the moderating staff and owners of this site also have to "live with" whichever graphical interface is available is just foolish. Please name any other massivly public and massivly active forum that has ever asked for anyone's opinion over the graphical interface of the website. I can think of none but Xmodsource. If you don't like the look of the website, look at your peers and tell them their opinions suck and they have it all wrong with the forums look; I'd love to see their response and how quickly you'll be shunned.

Not everyone can win or get what they want. That's just how the world works. Since the masses like the new change it's going to stay this way. I don't think many of you understand the massive amount of time the moderating staff, especially B1G himself, have put into this new interface. It's not just three clicks of your heels and you're off to Kansas. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to get things to look remotely correct and remotely close to being released; hell, B1G first brought this to the rest of the moderating staffs attention back in the end of July and I'm sure prior to that he had already put in at least a good months worth of work into the new look. It takes that long to just get the forum changed over; let alone change the banners, make the banners, make the colors match, move the directory links and do all the rest of the stuff to fill the gaps.

kendallcschm
11-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Now this is just a couple steps too far. I've already stated the discussion was over and voting for everything is down right absurd. Blatantly disregarding the fact that the moderating staff and owners of this site also have to "live with" whichever graphical interface is available is just foolish. Please name any other massivly public and massivly active forum that has ever asked for anyone's opinion over the graphical interface of the website. I can think of none but Xmodsource. If you don't like the look of the website, look at your peers and tell them their opinions suck and they have it all wrong with the forums look; I'd love to see their response and how quickly you'll be shunned.

Not everyone can win or get what they want. That's just how the world works. Since the masses like the new change it's going to stay this way. I don't think many of you understand the massive amount of time the moderating staff, especially B1G himself, have put into this new interface. It's not just three clicks of your heels and you're off to Kansas. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to get things to look remotely correct and remotely close to being released; hell, B1G first brought this to the rest of the moderating staffs attention back in the end of July and I'm sure prior to that he had already put in at least a good months worth of work into the new look. It takes that long to just get the forum changed over; let alone change the banners, make the banners, make the colors match, move the directory links and do all the rest of the stuff to fill the gaps.

I apologize if i insulted you or any of the staff... I too like the new changes... I just don't like the subie... and I think that changes should be voted on... at least changes that affect everyone... now if its a change that we all want or one your experimenting with then sure its all good but I am only voicing my opinion... I don't think EVERY change needs to be voted on but every BIG change... and BTW i've written a website... I know its a pain in the *** to get things to work right.... and to all the staff that this tread is hasseling im sorry and happy thanks giving... and thanks... thanks for working on this website... and thanks for moderating this website for us

Skv012a
11-27-2008, 11:12 PM
I'd say R34 because it was the first Xmod out and represents a very powerful and robust machine.

SPR
11-27-2008, 11:18 PM
wasnt the civic the first xmod out?

Skv012a
11-28-2008, 03:56 AM
Civic, R34, and something else were the first wave (unless they really did release them 1 by 1). Civic doesn't really highlight XM's potential as much as R34.