PDA

View Full Version : Best way to protect the body/work?

Skv012a
11-24-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm sure everyone would hate to bang up a freshly painted body, so whats the best way to preserve it from casual bumps?

I thought of a probably rather expensive, but a sure way- The Invisible Shield. Sadly they're most commonly sold in fairly short pieces, so applying it to the stress areas only may be a good idea. As far as the material goes, this stuff is extremely tough and is sure to fend off alot of bumps and scratches easily. It also sticks and molds to shape fairly well, so applying it to a body shouldn't be a problem.

taiwanesekid05
11-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Hmm... Well, you could take some foam, put in on the bumpers, don't flip over, and don't worry about scratches.

Donziikid
11-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Buy a beater body. I wouldn't run with a nice, new, freshly painted body any day. :)

Or go the simple and least inexpensive route: don't run with a body on.

SPR
11-24-2008, 09:13 PM
normally "nice" custom painted bodys dont get ran with, they are for shelf queens. If your worried about messing it up, then dont drive with it, because its going to happen. But the one thing i would suggest, is the 3M clear bra used on real automobiles. If you cut it in super small strips it might protect rather well. I mean it holds up to rock chips at 70 mph down the freeway. i htink it could hold up to an xmod. But it might be a little to thick... im not sure on that one.

Sweed
11-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Get some liquid masking stuff from a hobby store slap on a coat on the whole car, and some extra on the corners.

XMDrifter
11-24-2008, 10:00 PM
just make sure to put down layers of clearcoat, let it cure, and wax it.
when the thing gets scratched, just go over the scuff/scratch with rubbing compound until it's smooth again, soap off the wax, then put another thin clearcoat on. then wax.