PDA

View Full Version : New Layout?

Sweed
11-23-2008, 07:12 PM
WTF?
That freaked me out. Hit post and the screen turns blue...
I like the color scheme though, gonna take a few days for me to adjust.

Stampedekid
11-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Same. I just signed on and I was like. Whoa!

Big Micke
11-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Me too but it is garte i'm loving it right on xmodsource team thanks!!!

TheB1GDude
11-23-2008, 07:14 PM
You all beat me to the comments thread!! :)

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14976

Please let us know what you think!!

taiwanesekid05
11-23-2008, 07:15 PM
A bit dark to my liking, but it's ok.

The only thing that bothers me is that the "Forums" and "Gallery" button is gone from the header.

Bugeye subie
Yeah its pretty nice, itll take a few days to adjust. but it works, I <3 teh subie =]

GearHeadV8
I LOVE IT its like so welcoming gonna take awhile to get used to it lol its amazing. nice work guys

jimmythekid1
11-23-2008, 07:16 PM
I dont like it. Kind of dark and depressing, hard on the eyes. does not read as well.

TheB1GDude
11-23-2008, 07:16 PM
A bit dark to my liking, but it's ok.

The only thing that bothers me is that the "Forums" and "Gallery" button is gone from the header.

Yes - they are gone but they have only moved to the left and down a bit :)

I dont like it. Kind of dark and depressing, hard on the eyes. does not read as well.

In your user options you have the ability to change to the old one, use whichever you prefer....

taiwanesekid05
11-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Considering I have a 19" screen, the big box of dark blue that's blank is a bit, well not bad, but could be used.

And what's with the clouds and suns next to our names instead of that green/ blue dot?

TheB1GDude
11-23-2008, 07:20 PM
And what's with the clouds and suns next to our names instead of that green/ blue dot?

Online / Offline status indicators.....

jimmythekid1
11-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Yes - they are gone but they have only moved to the left and down a bit :)

In your user options you have the ability to change to the old one, use whichever you prefer....

that will work for me!

TheB1GDude
11-23-2008, 07:22 PM
All we ask is that people give it a chance and not just immediately black list, a few of the staff had issues with it to start with but now most people love it!!

taiwanesekid05
11-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Online / Offline status indicators.....

I know, but why the clouds... And the Xmods things on the side of each forum section... Gone... Replaced by odd orange bouncy balls :cry:

But I do give a big thumbs up to the banner :D

Sweed
11-23-2008, 07:25 PM

I'm liking the white letters on a dark background.
It's actually better on the eyes and you can read longer..

GearHeadV8
11-23-2008, 07:40 PM
i really like the multi quote that is a awsome touch nice work.. what other feaures does the new format offer lol

dontspamme
11-23-2008, 07:50 PM
IMO I dont really like it. It's kinda odd. I dont know how to explain it. But it looks odd to me. But I do like the Subaru picture better. Who's Subaru is that anyways? The User CP was hard to read for me, as the other things was too.

Anyways I've already switched back to the old format. I like it better.

SUPERSHELBY
11-23-2008, 07:50 PM
holy sh!t this is nice......itd be better if we could choose our own colors but yea this is nice

Stampedekid
11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
i really like the multi quote that is a awsome touch nice work.. what other feaures does the new format offer lol

Multiquote has been here since before I joined you just musta not noticed it. I'm gonna switch it back to normal because I personally do not like it. But the banner is very nice. But like donspamme, I find it hard to read and I have 20/20 vision

imnotmikal
11-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Niiice, but now, since people will be using both different layouts, there no more hidden words...
Lol.
I could do this, but then people with the old layout could see it.
Same if I did this. People with the new layout can see it.

taiwanesekid05
11-23-2008, 08:21 PM
May be you could do this:

And just imagine the words there :)

theoriganalRiD3R1967
11-23-2008, 08:24 PM
i was starting to wonder when this was gonna happen, someone hinted at it a month or two ago, anyways i like b/c its a change

oh and (not hating or anything) but why is it another subie on the main banner?

imnotmikal
11-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Cuz its blue, F150's aren't special enough, and no one here has a blue 350z I don't think.

taiwanesekid05
11-23-2008, 08:42 PM
We shoulda done this:

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/9971/xmsbl8.jpg

Clicky clicky, too big for forum...

xmodkidd33
11-23-2008, 08:44 PM
I don't like it, I prefer the lighter layout. Is there anyway to change back?

Edit: Never mind, got it.

theoriganalRiD3R1967
11-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Cuz its blue, F150's aren't special enough, and no one here has a blue 350z I don't think.

i guess that makes sense, but you could always cahnge the color with photo shop or something, w/e i like cuz now my sig. stands out more!:D

RedSXmodder
11-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Yes, under user options you can change it back...

taiwanesekid05, our theme is xmods, not a *** rights movement...

Sweed
11-23-2008, 08:51 PM

And besides, me and Texan are already married... :roll:

How do you make the themes?
I think it would be pretty cool to open it up so that the users can create a theme and then have like a contest.

Bugeye subie
11-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Niiice, but now, since people will be using both different layouts, there no more hidden words...
Lol.
I could do this, but then people with the old layout could see it.
Same if I did this. People with the new layout can see it.

Umm... Is that serously a big problem for you?

BulletsRain
11-23-2008, 09:21 PM
I love it! I opened up XMS to a total surprise! Got job guys! :bigwink:

65mustangrock
11-23-2008, 09:21 PM
i like this. the gold and white on midnight blue is nice. whos suby anyways?

EDIT: sufin around the site i realized the "go to last post" button is three balloons. WTH?

SPR
11-23-2008, 09:25 PM
i typed in xmodsource.com twice before i realised i wasnt an idiot and i typed in the right link. then i realised i was an idiot cuz i tpyed in the right link twice haha. freaking me out, im not to fond of it yet, i just need to get use to to it i guess.

Bugeye subie
11-23-2008, 09:26 PM
i typed in xmodsource.com twice before i realised i wasnt an idiot and i typed in the right link. then i realised i was an idiot cuz i tpyed in the right link twice haha. freaking me out, im not to fond of it yet, i just need to get use to to it i guess.

Or you can change it too the other one. like I.

SPR
11-23-2008, 09:29 PM
really how? id love too. i dont like change much lol. and it ruined my avatare! it use to fade away in to the forums. now it doesnt lol

edit found it. sooo much easier on the eyes!

65mustangrock
11-23-2008, 09:32 PM
scroll aaaaallllllllll the way to the bottem and on the left is a box. click the arrow and choose powder blue

123Vette
11-23-2008, 09:34 PM
WOAH!!!!!! thi is cool it was like this a few hours ago! i love it

DrIfToRDIe
11-23-2008, 09:39 PM
It's uhm odd.The little cloudy thingys to me are a little homo.The Suby in the banner is nice,but the yellow splashes things are a little poor,they don't look AAed.I will be changing back to the old format.Just my 2 cents.

firebird999
11-23-2008, 09:39 PM

i didn't like it, but now that you say that, i don't want to change it. weird, eh?

lol
11-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Holy Crap<333 I love it. it is a tad bit dark like chinese/taiwanesekid said.

SPR
11-23-2008, 09:46 PM
yeah im with drifto, im rockin the old formate too. i like it way better. its easier on the eyes to read.

it was also kinda hard for my eyes to see the difference between bold and non bold on read/unread threads with the bright yellow

imnotmikal
11-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Umm... Is that serously a big problem for you?

Yes.
:roll:

firebird999
11-23-2008, 09:50 PM
if you made it more of a faint grey-blue, it would look equally good and be less dark. just my $0.02

amorton94
11-23-2008, 10:10 PM
i like it. every single forum i have been on was the same format as the old layout, same buttons and everything. but now it's different and i like it. the change caught by suprise, it was the old one and then i clicked
FORUM and it changed. i agree with most other people it is a little hard on the eyes but i think that was just because we are all used to the old layout and our eyes haven't adjusted. but great change mod's!!

taiwanesekid05
11-23-2008, 10:24 PM

Pfft... Homophob...

All I need to ask for is to change the little icons from poofy clouds, ballons, and bouncy balls to something more Xmods themed.

GearHeadV8
11-23-2008, 10:30 PM
How bout have for the online offline thing it could be a xmod car or truck. When you are online the headlights go on and offline they go off

theoriganalRiD3R1967
11-23-2008, 11:13 PM
How bout have for the online offline thing it could be a xmod car or truck. When you are online the headlights go on and offline they go off

that would be cool, but seems like a pain to do (i say seems cuz i don't know much about this stuff)

KITT222
11-23-2008, 11:26 PM
aw man... i liked it white. but ill give this a shot... i like the new logo at the top of the screen!

Edit: we should make a poll to see what people think of this new setup.. i think it looks a little more "modern" or "new"

TheB1GDude
11-24-2008, 12:00 AM
If one of you wants to do a poll then feel free but personally I feel its kinda pointless if someone doesn't like why take the time to vote in a poll when they could just change back to the old one.....

I'll look at the status indicators and see if I can do anything other than clouds for them but don't all get your hopes up!

taiwanesekid05
11-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Just curious, is this one of the themes that VBulletin provides, or did you guys make this from scratch?

meme405
11-24-2008, 12:26 AM
New banner is wack...

BART
11-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Smile guys, the darker theme uses less energy! XMS is doing our part to "go green" and reduce our carbon footprint! We have been using this for a few months and to be honest, if I switch back it seems like it is burning my eyes out. Give it a chance.

firebird999
11-24-2008, 08:16 AM
that would be cool, but seems like a pain to do (i say seems cuz i don't know much about this stuff)

no you don't. i've adminated forums before. never from this server, but if it's the same, on the admin cp theres an image tap, and all you do is put the code where the online image is, then the same for offline.

stangdude94
11-24-2008, 03:03 PM
i like it better than the old layout. it will just take some time to get used to

Sweed
11-24-2008, 05:37 PM
If one of you wants to do a poll then feel free but personally I feel its kinda pointless if someone doesn't like why take the time to vote in a poll when they could just change back to the old one.....

That's what I'm thinking. If we can choose which one, no biggy.
I personally LOVE the colors....

http://image.hazardstrip.com/ico/sprays/swedish_flag_lion_copy.png

reaper
11-24-2008, 05:43 PM
i like it just one thing
when iv viewed a post its a little hard to tell the ones i have and the ones i haven't due to me being colour blind (this affects my ability to distinguish between reds and greens ) so if more contrasting colours could be used im sure that would help (1 in 4 men suffer from this yet only 1 in 20 women)

texan_idiot25
11-24-2008, 05:46 PM
I know, but why the clouds... And the Xmods things on the side of each forum section... Gone... Replaced by odd orange bouncy balls :cry:

But I do give a big thumbs up to the banner :D
I agree on the clouds.

Other than that, I dig this one a good bit more. Much nicer than the 5 year old burn-my-eyes-bright-blue.

imnotmikal
11-24-2008, 06:40 PM
If you guys don't mind, could whoever has the banner saved on their comp email it to me?

not as a jpg. a psd, or just all the pics and pieces you used to make it. I'm gping to make the orange "flow" better.

wadethejuggalo
11-25-2008, 09:10 PM
WHY WHY WHY! do we have a subbie again i love the subie but dont you think you should change it to a different car?? just to change something else but anyway im changing back to the old one ( cant stand the color blue)

skim4food
11-25-2008, 09:30 PM
If you guys don't mind, could whoever has the banner saved on their comp email it to me?

not as a jpg. a psd, or just all the pics and pieces you used to make it. I'm gping to make the orange "flow" better.

i was thinking the same thing...:uhoh:

TheB1GDude
11-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Everyone give a big shout out to tex who took the time and energy to replace the clouds with something a little more theme related....

Donzii also had some new ones which we thank him for but tex was the quicker draw so for the moment we are using his.

The header image will change again over time so for the moment just deal with it and the STI....

SPR
11-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Just an idea... back when i had my frontier i was on a frontier forum, and of course they did a truck of the month every month, like we do a COTM. So they had their banner set up so the winner would get their truck displayed on the banner for the next month untill the new winner was decided. Maybe you can edit out the subaru (as much as i love it and wouldnt change it) but make it so that part fades out, and you can put the Contest winners rides there for the month. Then atleast its changing every month and it would make everyone happy for those subaru haters out there :P

TheB1GDude
11-26-2008, 12:43 PM
That's been suggested its just the fact that someone has to maintain it every month plus we have to have decent photos of the winner to make the header work.

It might be best to just decide upon one car and go with it.

SPR
11-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Well spending 5 minutes a month doesnt seem like a lot of work to me.... i mean thats how long it would take me to change the banner on my website... maybe this forum is harder or something.... not to me not that big of a deal...

and 99% of the time, the contest winners always have some beautiful pictures. a good quality picture is what helps you win IMO.

So again, i dont htink you would really have that many problems...

TheB1GDude
11-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Its not that its harder its just that its another repetitive maintenance task that needs to be done every month for the forum.... maybe I just have to much going on in my personal life but if one of the mods has time to do this then I'm happy to run with it.

SPR
11-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Its not that its harder its just that its another repetitive maintenance task that needs to be done every month for the forum.... maybe I just have to much going on in my personal life but if one of the mods has time to do this then I'm happy to run with it.

thats more what i was getting at, you've got like 10 mods... one little extra step once a month is a big deal? lol of course for one person, thats another story. I mean **** id even volunteer to do that, not a big deal to me. and im sure it would appeal to everyone else much more than seeing the same subaru over and over. But thats just one opinion, maybe someone should open a poll and see what the rest of the forum thinks.

*edit im bored, i think i will haha.

texan_idiot25
11-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Why don't you just take a chill pill?

GearHeadV8
11-26-2008, 02:23 PM
nice car signed on and off dot. i like the car better than the cluds.

reaper
11-30-2008, 10:26 AM
i like it just one thing
when iv viewed a post its a little hard to tell the ones i have and the ones i haven't due to me being colour blind (this affects my ability to distinguish between reds and greens ) so if more contrasting colours could be used im sure that would help (1 in 4 men suffer from this yet only 1 in 20 women)

wow thanks guys just noticed you have changed a few things in the new theme and this one really helps me inparticular :)

guitarboy911
11-30-2008, 11:07 AM
im reading all the posts and learning about things i didnt notice.

anyways i like it. its cool but classy.

Acura
11-30-2008, 11:54 AM
in a way i like it,but in another way no, because it is kinda dark

Sweed
12-01-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm still using the new layout, and I love it. It makes all the colors in peoples posts (with the exeption of Acura's avatar) pop out. Looks good. But I'm used to using the little "forum" botton that was in the banner, and I missed that today. Before today I was checking the recent posts thing in the middle of the homepage, but I miss it at the top. It was useful.

Otherwise, I'm loving the colors.

TheB1GDude
12-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Sweed I know its not quite the same but I moved the Forum and Gallery links out the header and put them here instead:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/TheB1gDude/1.jpg

We all (the staff that is) agreed this fitted the new theme much better than the old links....

Donziikid
12-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Sweed I know its not quite the same but I moved the Forum and Gallery links out the header and put them here instead:

We all (the staff that is) agreed this fitted the new theme much better than the old links....

As well as shrunk the forum width making everything viewable for us still running a 1024 x 768 resolution.

youngxmodder
12-01-2008, 08:42 PM
i know that it has been this way for a bit but the color scheme is cool at first it scared me once i got on but i have a liking to it since when you got on back then it was bright white(i think:-? ) and now once you get on it doesn't hurt the eyes as much. it is useful to me and i hope it says this way for awhile.

Sweed
12-02-2008, 04:51 PM

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/TheB1gDude/1.jpg

It woulda been sweet if you made it a hidden thing...

As well as shrunk the forum width making everything viewable for us still running a 1024 x 768 resolution.

But I think it's becuase of the forum width....
Doesn't IRC have a thing where you can select forum width?

XMDrifter
12-02-2008, 06:17 PM
could you enlarge the font of the "gallery" and "forum" links?
that would help me find it a bit easier

TheB1GDude
12-02-2008, 06:31 PM
It woulda been sweet if you made it a hidden thing...

What do you mean? Like if you go into the Quick Links menu and its in there?

could you enlarge the font of the "gallery" and "forum" links?
that would help me find it a bit easier

Not really sorry - its all one fixed font size so if I do one I have to do them all and then we run the risk of it not fitting on one line.

Sweed
12-02-2008, 07:05 PM
What do you mean? Like if you go into the Quick Links menu and its in there?

Like where it was, built in as a link on the side of the banner, or where the 'forums' thing is in the banner.