PDA

View Full Version : quesion abouta competition

TheMostKnownUnknownMarine
11-22-2008, 05:58 PM
so i and a few others had an idea. what if we could make a competition of the *cheap and easy* track? basically the cheapest and easiest way to make a track for your xmods. cardboard, waterhose, things like that? whoever made the nicest track the cheapest would win prizes. mods n admins??? any feedback???

Donziikid
11-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Currently it's hard enough to get members to compete in sanctioned Xmodsource.com Car of the Month competitions. To get people to participate in a track competition would probably be close to impossible.

jimmythekid1
11-22-2008, 07:30 PM
You could do best track for one month instead of a car. With Christmas things might pic up around here. That is with the gen 3s out and all, we should get some new members.

dontspamme
11-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Not many members I know of have a track. If I do know them, they use the RCP tracks. Which are $200+.

Besides, SPR would win :lol: Cost him $0!

11-22-2008, 10:53 PM
well that's the whole point. to get people to make tracks,. you guys r numbnutts. the cheapest n easiest. a track made frrom everyday items. something that looks good and whatnot. as far as how hard it would be.. well.. that all depends on if the people want to do it or not. 200 dollar tracks obviously won't count in this comp.

Donziikid
11-23-2008, 12:12 AM
well that's the whole point. to get people to make tracks,. you guys r numbnutts. the cheapest n easiest. a track made frrom everyday items. something that looks good and whatnot. as far as how hard it would be.. well.. that all depends on if the people want to do it or not. 200 dollar tracks obviously won't count in this comp.

Please refrain from calling anyone a derogatory term. Especially when you're trying to get your opinion accross in a subject matter that not everyone tends to want to listen to.

11-23-2008, 02:49 AM
oh donzii.. you're so silly.. it's a joking name not derogatory.. but either way.. i see where you're coming from.. don't be mean.. i got it:bigwink:

as far as the competition. i don't think you're the one to judge whether or not people want to do it. let's leave that up to the crowd shall we?:D

firebird999
11-23-2008, 08:36 AM
you do realize that your last two posts are turning people away from this idea...

BART
11-23-2008, 09:28 AM
oh donzii.. you're so silly.. it's a joking name not derogatory.. but either way.. i see where you're coming from.. don't be mean.. i got it:bigwink:

as far as the competition. i don't think you're the one to judge whether or not people want to do it. let's leave that up to the crowd shall we?:D

donzii may not judge whether people want to do it, but will judge if it is in fact done or not.

kendallcschm
11-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Currently it's hard enough to get members to compete in sanctioned Xmodsource.com Car of the Month competitions. To get people to participate in a track competition would probably be close to impossible.

me personally i think this would be a good compitition idea and i would love to join car of the month competitions but i don't know how to... perhaps if we had instructions on how to do it more people would :-)

xmodzracer
11-23-2008, 01:36 PM
well... its not going to cost the forum to do it or anything. id say give it a shot and see how it turns out. we may be suprised by a huge turnout. or it could just sink into the mud....

lol
11-23-2008, 02:39 PM
man. i want this comp. i suggest we start a poll to see who wants this and who doesn't

SPR
11-23-2008, 02:44 PM

yeah.... just like your went off on me in a Private message, and hten the next one was oh that was just a joke! kid your a joke...

Besides i already won this competition :D Free Track! bwahaha.

actually bugeye mighta won with his nice hard wood floors lol.

point is MOST people dont have room to be making tracks. you have me who just used his front yard, thats okay. but most people are not going to do that. bugeye cant keep his track up all the time, that was only for a short period. how many actually have a house so big they can put one room out of order while they set up a track not many. Kind of a pointless competition. besides they are all going to be about the same, just with different twist and turns. you gave out all the ideas to make a track cheaply. so everyone is going to use those same ideas....

Bugeye subie
11-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Yeah this could be a hard one, And hard wood floors = love for xmods =]

/Topic.

Donzii, what if I could round up 15 members too particapate, You can make a thread in the comp. section. Just make me be able too mod that thread, and that thread only. That way, You, and all the other mods have no worrys. unless something out of control happens.

Donziikid
11-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Donzii, what if I could round up 15 members too particapate, You can make a thread in the comp. section. Just make me be able too mod that thread, and that thread only. That way, You, and all the other mods have no worrys. unless something out of control happens.

Won't happen.

We'll discuss this as a possible side competition.

Bugeye subie
11-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Won't happen.

We'll discuss this as a possible side competition.

K thanks for your time anyway.

11-23-2008, 09:33 PM
great.. just great.. i got this spr guy insulting me.. yet again.. and donzii putting down everything i say.. thanks guys.. i think it was a mistake to join this forum.. i've been given nothing but negativity since i got here.. i'm trying to participate, i'm trying to offer ideas, tuts, even f**king prizes, but all i get is nothing but insults, put downs, and negative vibes. you know what? i didn't sign up for this. 4 years ago, this forum was awesome. when i was a member back then, when big dude was just a member with me, we never had any of this crap. sometimes i wonder why i even bother. i'm sure you guys hate the fact that i fought in iraq for you too right? i'm sure i'm the a**hole for going. just like all you democratics say. well whatever. i served my country, and i'm happy with it. as far as you people go, thanks for shunning me. good day to you all.. i'll bid you a farewell. big dude, if you see this.. i'm sorry.. btw.. it's johnny..

firebird999
11-23-2008, 10:04 PM
what goes around comes around. you hate on us, we'll hate on you. that's just how things work.

EDIT: fyi, democrats are anti-war, not anti-soldier

Donziikid
11-23-2008, 10:17 PM
great.. just great.. i got this spr guy insulting me.. yet again.. and donzii putting down everything i say.. thanks guys.. i think it was a mistake to join this forum.. i've been given nothing but negativity since i got here.. i'm trying to participate, i'm trying to offer ideas, tuts, even f**king prizes, but all i get is nothing but insults, put downs, and negative vibes. you know what? i didn't sign up for this. 4 years ago, this forum was awesome. when i was a member back then, when big dude was just a member with me, we never had any of this crap. sometimes i wonder why i even bother. i'm sure you guys hate the fact that i fought in iraq for you too right? i'm sure i'm the a**hole for going. just like all you democratics say. well whatever. i served my country, and i'm happy with it. as far as you people go, thanks for shunning me. good day to you all.. i'll bid you a farewell. big dude, if you see this.. i'm sorry.. btw.. it's johnny..

In what way did I put you down, Johnny? All I was doing was my job as a moderator. It is my job to keep the forums running smoothly and kindly; all it took was one person to mistake your numbnutts joke and take it to a whole other dimension. Did I give you infraction points? No. Did I ban you? No. I gave you a kind warning; I even said please. If you honestly believe I was putting you down in any way, then you have another thing coming. I'm freightened to see a Marine acting in such a childish way by saying we're dogging on you and believe we hate the fact that you served for us. In no way did anyone say that and in no way should anyone ever say that to anyone who has put their blood, sweat and tears into this country.

If you honestly feel this forum isn't the place for you, you can leave. I'm sure no one will miss a member who's only been here for a meer six days.

Au revoir.

amorton94
11-23-2008, 10:34 PM
personally, i would like this comp. see what the few people made tracks out of and how much it cost, i think it'd be interesting. i say give it a try but im not a mod so i can't make it happen. and as for themostknownunknownmarine (wow that's long:lol: ) i don't see how anyone meant any harm, brush it off and stay a while. i personally am glad you and thousands of others served for our country and am glad you made it out alive.

skim4food
11-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Dont know if you still want to know about what to use for a cheap track but this is what i use they have them at costco or sams club (thats where i got them just cant find them on there website) here
http://www.ezgooddeals.com/frontend/proddetail.asp?pn=MA-SG-2424-CC&co=10000212

amorton94
11-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Dont know if you still want to know about what to use for a cheap track but this is what i use they have them at costco or sams club (thats where i got them just cant find them on there website) here
http://www.ezgooddeals.com/frontend/proddetail.asp?pn=MA-SG-2424-CC&co=10000212

how much are they at cost co and how many are there in a pack?

skim4food
11-24-2008, 05:20 PM
umm when i bought them last i believe they were 20$ for a big pack, but it was a while ago sense i bought them last, but i have seen them there lately just never looked at the price