PDA

View Full Version : Official: Pro Pulse Thread

RallyWRX
11-21-2008, 12:23 AM
We need one now that they're back. I saw them today, they're blue instead of green. $79

taiwanesekid05
11-21-2008, 12:58 AM
Holy crap, it's true.

http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3309918

RallyWRX
11-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Looks like that bundle is only online. They're showing the green buggy but when I was at RS it was an ugly blue color. I guess that they really were recalled because of the lead paint. I'm going to see if the store will honor the bundle, but the online bundle is $89 and the car at the store is $79, maybe all those extras will add up to $10 anyway, I'll have to go see. And the truck body is now black.

xmodkidd33
11-21-2008, 12:39 PM
At my RS, they're selling the dual-motor upgrade for $7.

RallyWRX
11-21-2008, 04:43 PM
yeah, I don't know if I want to run the dual motor upgrade cuz I've read that it'll destroy your diffs really quick.

TheB1GDude
11-21-2008, 04:50 PM
With all the extra free stuff they are giving you its almost worth it.....

Stampedekid
11-21-2008, 04:52 PM
I own one, one of the worst RC's I ever owned. The diffs and spur gears suck. It was fun but I say buy a Micro T or something better rather than waste your money on one of these.

RallyWRX
11-21-2008, 05:04 PM
I don't know, maybe if I drive it nice it will last a little longer. I enjoyed my micro T, but I started to break things on it and now it stops and makes a kind of grinding sound, I think it might need a whole new gear box, I haven't checked to see how much they are.

I know they sell replacement gears for the Pro Pulse, are they a pain to fix?

taiwanesekid05
11-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Huh, that's odd. Last night it wasn't a bundle...

FloydfanYodaman
11-21-2008, 09:45 PM
I have 3, they rock, they have outlasted, outrun, and outperformed my losi mlst2(garbage) and the mini baja and i have had the propulse 6 months longer... i got 2 of mine during a sale for 50 each and the 3rd was a fully upgraded freebie... as far as i am concerned these are the coolest things to have fun and beat the heck out of without having to break the bank...sorry for the rant just my humble opinion...i'll see if this rookie can figure out how to post some vids for the fun of it...good idea for a thread by the way...

lol
11-22-2008, 12:35 AM
nice. im about to get a referbished propulse. it has a warranty for it and if i see any cracks or damage.. off it goes..

RallyWRX
11-23-2008, 01:17 AM
did you have the problem of rocks in the gears? Did you tape the hole on the bottom of the chassis? I'm excited to get a buggy, but my wife says I have to sell some of my xmods to help pay for it. It'll also be a chritmas present.

I don't want to open the hobby grade discussion again, but I just want to say, when I went to my hobby shop and showed them my Sportwerks Raven buggy, I mentioned I use it for bashing but I might like to take it to the track someday. Then I said I might get an Associated B4 or B44, and the dude said if I do, don't bash them, only drive them at the track, they're too fragile.

The biggest thing for me about something that I consider to be hobby grade is if it tracks straight. More than half of my xmods tracked horribly out of the box and couldn't be adjusted well enough to track straight. I should have returned them. Oh well.

EDIT: (20 minutes later)

So check this out, so I told you that RS website has both ProPulse and Megtech, which as far as we know are the same thing. The price has been fluctuating on the ProPulse, but a couple of days ago, the Megapro was $150. Now it's on sale for $109 with the regular price listed as $129.99. They must just be trying prices out to see what people are willing to pay, this recession business has got everyone all in a dither.

Checks it out.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3348294

Stampedekid
11-26-2008, 11:37 PM
I have 3, they rock, they have outlasted, outrun, and outperformed my losi mlst2(garbage) and the mini baja and i have had the propulse 6 months longer... i got 2 of mine during a sale for 50 each and the 3rd was a fully upgraded freebie... as far as i am concerned these are the coolest things to have fun and beat the heck out of without having to break the bank...sorry for the rant just my humble opinion...i'll see if this rookie can figure out how to post some vids for the fun of it...good idea for a thread by the way...

I disagree. My MLST2 smokes my PP(if the PP still worked) but the PP has a better, less junky servo. I may stick that into the MLST2 if it fits. My Micro DT smokes it too(even thought its BL). I don't get how so many people have problems with Micro T's. Here's what I do to mine(I will post vid at end). My PP would have broken under that much abuse. I hate the diffs on the PP, they suck. The fact how I am on my second one(traded back first one) and how it will not work is just sad. I'd save up your money for people who want a good RC and buy a Duratrax Vendetta, Associated RC18T or for bigger scale, Traxxas Slash, Traxxas Stampede/Rustler, Losi XXX-T, Losi 1/10 DT(Slash is better performing), or just buy a Losi Micro, those can handle just about anything you dish out at them. Sure mine breaks a lot because I have BL in it and mine doesn't see the easy life.

Here's the video as promised. Sorry for the ranting I just do not want people buying these pieces of crap and wasting their money. Sure an RC18 or Vendetta are more expensive but they come with everything and are better built.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6zSqngR44

blue504life
11-27-2008, 11:22 PM
im thinking of getting the truck one tomorrow, do you still have to buy the main battery? and how much? there not on the RS site

texan_idiot25
11-27-2008, 11:47 PM
yeah, I don't know if I want to run the dual motor upgrade cuz I've read that it'll destroy your diffs really quick.
They do. The absolutely annihilate and melt the differential into plastic shavings.

But it is such a god-awful fun time doing so.

Buy some RC18T ring and pinion gear sets, and superglue the whole thing tight into a locked diff. Skip the buggy and buy the truck body. It protects the shock towers. Never busted a shock tower in a wreck.

lol
11-28-2008, 01:23 AM
k, im getting one new tommorow. any suggestions? Tips? Pre-Cautions? I just want to make sure. I Got a 10% off coupon for it :)

EDIT: 100th Post. :O I'll been here for a while and only 100 lol.

xmodificationer
11-28-2008, 01:38 AM
They suck. They are just cheap. I have gone through 6 shock towers on my T100. Its just the biggest piece of **** I have ever owned. I ended up throwing it away.

blue504life
11-28-2008, 11:06 AM
buy a pro-pulse and get 4 free upgrades today only, how cool is that

texan_idiot25
11-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Killer deal condsidering the price.

blue504life
11-28-2008, 02:12 PM
its an awesome deal they dropped $10 off it too

bosco72
11-28-2008, 03:18 PM
How van you say they suck.It's the same as a rc18.They suck. They are just cheap. I have gone through 6 shock towers on my T100. Its just the biggest piece of **** I have ever owned. I ended up throwing it away.

Stampedekid
11-28-2008, 03:46 PM
How van you say they suck.It's the same as a rc18.

Nope not true. They are built on the same layout as the RC18. A direct copy besides the tires and the electronic gear. The RC18 is more worth it for the durability. I hate my PP. I'll strip the gear from it(or sell its non-working gear in it) to my friend. Save up your money everyone. I wasted my money on these pieces of $h!t. Don't make the same mistake that me and Xmodificationer made. Don't even dare to compare these to Duratrax Vendetta and Vendetta ST because those are on a different layout and come with better gear and have some nice aluminum parts in 'em too.

lol
11-28-2008, 05:49 PM
I Just Got Mines. Your probally didnt last because you pushed them too hard. im going to take good care of mines. ^^ looks promising. Battery is charging. :)

RallyWRX
11-29-2008, 01:48 AM
I Just Got Mines. Your probally didnt last because you pushed them too hard. im going to take good care of mines. ^^ looks promising. Battery is charging. :)

It would be super funny if in the next post you said, "I broke it on the first run."

If I get one, I plan to use it indoors and be somewhat gentle with it. I certainly won't be launching it off of playgrounds like the Micro DT video. My LHS they cleared out they're Vendettas for $99 but I didn't have the money at the time.

For hardcore bashing, I've been using my 10 scale Sportwerks Raven buggy. So far it's held up awesome, it's a fun car, the paint is cheap though, it flakes off. The battery it comes with is lame, It's a 1600, I bought a 3200 or something like that at RS and I get long run times with it and it charges in 15minutes with RS fast charger.

I'm kind of bored with my Micro DT and I'm sick of breaking it. I would love Losi to make a true micro buggy. I would love a Slash or that new Associated SC8 truck, that thing is awesome.

Well, let me know what you think of your new PP.

texan_idiot25
11-29-2008, 02:32 AM
Did yall get trucks or buggies?

RallyWRX
12-01-2008, 02:21 AM
Did yall get trucks or buggies?

I haven't got mine yet, but I'll be getting a buggy, despite everyone saying the trucks are tougher.

bosco72
12-01-2008, 09:12 AM
I stripped my rc 18 MT rear diff on the first pack.You have to shim the diffs just like the the rc 18 and the half 8 and so on.The pro pulse has no more or no less problems then any other mini.Plus it has a better stearing set up then the associated.If you want a good mini buy the vendetta ST it has a gear cover so no rocks kill your spur gear.I had my pro pulse for almost 2 years and the only thing i broke was the front shock tower.Now the price that radio shack has i might have to get another one cause i sold my old one.

texan_idiot25
12-01-2008, 06:15 PM
I haven't got mine yet, but I'll be getting a buggy, despite everyone saying the trucks are tougher.
Your going to break the shock towers left and right. Unless you want to fix that all the time, get the truck or a shell that covers the towers.:eyecraz:

blue504life
12-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Your going to break the shock towers left and right. Unless you want to fix that all the time, get the truck or a shell that covers the towers.:eyecraz:

dispite how true that is, they still brake, i blow one of my front shocks out yesterday, put more oil in them put it back together but they still leak

does anyone know a way to better water proof these things? i sunk my first one sunday, thank god for returns, got a brand new one

texan_idiot25
12-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Shocks are not shock towers. The trucks don't break them anywhere near as much as the buggies did.

Google water proofing techniques, it's all over the web.

As far as the shocks, once their leaking there may not be much you can do. You can just grab some RC18 shocks from mayn venders. If you run out of shock oil, vege-oil is a great weight for them. ;)

blue504life
12-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Shocks are not shock towers. The trucks don't break them anywhere near as much as the buggies did.

Google water proofing techniques, it's all over the web.

As far as the shocks, once their leaking there may not be much you can do. You can just grab some RC18 shocks from mayn venders. If you run out of shock oil, vege-oil is a great weight for them. ;)

oh yeah the towers my bad, ill probably brake one this week, if not my brother will this weekend

ill have to look it up

im goin to run it with a limp leg til they all blow out, but ill have to keep those in mind when they

Stampedekid
12-01-2008, 08:12 PM

Pushed it too hard, meh. My PP never saw beatings that bad lol. I saw em at RS when we went to get a new tip for the Soldering iron. They look a bit better. The upgrades are pretty cheap so I may just get mine running, then sell it lol. Put money towards upgrades for my other RC's. That or just run it till it dies lol.

lol
02-07-2009, 01:34 AM
My Pro-Pulse Is Dusty. I need double sided tape to remount reciever and ESC. everything is still intact. ran it only 2 times. xD lost a few body clips. a few scratches on the body. nothing much. so... what parts from the RC18 fit again?

kungpow420
02-07-2009, 03:56 AM
spurs, pinions, diffs., input gears, dogbones/cvds with some work, a-arms with new hinge pins, hubs with new hinge pins, and knuckles
hope that helps thats all I can think of right now.
on another note I picked up a t-100 for $50 with four free upgrades then bought two batteries for $5 each and a shock tower kit for $3 great deal. no more upgrades in any of my local RS's lol

youngxmodder
02-07-2009, 07:02 AM
i have one but i plan on selling mine since i want to get a mini-t or DT bought this thing not to long ago also got the aluminum shocks twin motor upgrade for it but when i ran it it kinda sputters even if the battery is fully charged thats the reason i plan on selling it if it stops sputtering i may keep it. but its been fun for the time i had it didn't break a single thing yet.

bosco72
02-07-2009, 09:15 AM
do you run there split battery pack.If so thats why it sputters.I put my Rc 18 pack in and it ran smooth put the split pack in and it sputters.The only thing i did not like about the pro was they used different shock towers then the rc 18.So you could not go to your local hobby shop to buy them. Remember who ever buys this buggy or truck You have to shim the diffs or you will rip them apart.i have one but i plan on selling mine since i want to get a mini-t or DT bought this thing not to long ago also got the aluminum shocks twin motor upgrade for it but when i ran it it kinda sputters even if the battery is fully charged thats the reason i plan on selling it if it stops sputtering i may keep it. but its been fun for the time i had it didn't break a single thing yet.

youngxmodder
02-07-2009, 10:03 AM
yea i run the split pack they do suck i was planning on getting a better batt but i think it maybe wise to sell the PP and get a Mini-t

FloydfanYodaman
02-07-2009, 10:14 AM
i am boggled how you all are having such a hard time with these...i still think they rock...still have 3, been running them since they came out...ironically the buggy has turned out to be the strongest one and they EASILY outrun and outperform any of the losi GARBAGE that i have owned, mini lst2, mini t or baja...i returned my lst for being junk immediately and they sent me a baja and a mini t in return...baja 2 runs and it doesnt run????...more losi garbage..and i havent had any trouble with the packs either...its too bad you all had so much trouble cus i think they are a blast...maybe they are just the working mans rc...

lol
02-07-2009, 10:17 AM
I Didn't Even Break Mines Yet... so... Im Going To order RC18 parts. :)

youngxmodder
02-07-2009, 10:19 AM
its not the whole buggy or trucks its just the batteries i think there fun also but how long it takes for them to charge all i was saying was how everyone's broke and stuff like that but my stood up to curbs ramps jumps off my neighbors deck ( don't try that ) and my only problem is the battery anyone know of a better one? also Floyd still have a Mini-T?

FloydfanYodaman
02-07-2009, 10:34 AM
still have the minit which i was upgrading while i was going to bash on the baja but stoppped since i got frustrated with the baja...now they are hangin on the shelf while our weather is bad...this thread actually is inspiring to get things up and running again...going boarding maybe pics later?

lol
02-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Ok, I Composed A List.

RC18 Diffs.
Pair Of RC18 Dogbones
RC18 Shocks
RC18 Knuckles
RC18 Gears

All I can afford

lol
02-16-2009, 01:22 AM
Sry For Double But A Heads Up, Cheap PP Parts and PP Kits.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/__pro-pulse?_nkw=pro-pulse&_trkparms=72%253A1205%257C66%253A2%257C65%253A12%2 57C39%253A1&_dmpt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_pgn=1

:D Im'a get me some parts. Nice Deals Up There. An full PP Alum Kit is on a 42 dollar bid now.

FloydfanYodaman
02-16-2009, 10:39 AM
thanks for posting up that link...great deals on there