PDA

View Full Version : Project C4-Stealth crawler (1:10th)

torredo
11-19-2008, 03:29 AM
not much to show at this point except the axles from a Tamiya Clodbuster with MagMayhem motors running with 9t pinions and stock rims using Thundertech wheel widners. I have a bin of parts that ill be using from which include a metal gear servo using a kimbrough saver, custom 4-link post mounts, etc... but ill be re-creating a whole new chassis which will sit nice and low but give off 80degree articulation for those obstacles to overcome and with the name C4 derived from "Clod4"wheeldrive and "stealth" for the fact the chassis and other suspension parts will be done in a flat black scheme. This will be the newest project for the winter months ahead, so stay tune!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/torredo/CLODCRAWLER.jpg

snowboi1289
11-19-2008, 03:34 AM
Looks nice.

Off-topic, that forum host that you have listed in your signature sucks. I'm sorry, but I usedd to use it, and it gets hacked alot. I still have my rcxmods forum, dead.....

Also, just to let you know, its not really a good thing to just post 1 picture with a large url on it, the moderators might think its spamming.

torredo
11-19-2008, 03:43 AM
i do not mean to seem like "Spamming" but this is a DIY (tutorial) im working on "RCX" so i will be stamping all my pics as i go along with this project.

hmm?

clintr79
11-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Clods axles are a good choice for rock crawling but the rims are way to wide for crawling they need to be alot narrower.

torredo
11-19-2008, 08:53 AM
i realize this, but they came with the axles when i purchased them soemtime ago. ill be using MOAB tires and hopefully beadlock rims when i get to that point. i will be drawing up the design for the TVP chassis real soon which will incorperate all the links carried over the the 4-link post mounts to the axles. location of the 7v battery pack will be the tough one as ill want the truck cog at its best. ill post the design up when its complete.

clintr79
11-19-2008, 10:51 AM
The best thing for a battery is to go to cheapbatterypacks.com you can make a custom battery for it.

torredo
11-19-2008, 11:48 AM
ill check that out, thanks man!

torredo
11-21-2008, 12:12 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/torredo/CLODCRAWLER-1.jpg

ok folks, heres the start of it so far...
i stil have alot if bugs to work out on this new TVP chassis but you get the idea. The wheels/tires are temporary as i simply pulled them off a stampede just to get an idea for myself.

i never posted every pic ive done which is illustrated in the tutorial on my site to save a bunch of pics with the "stamp" in all of them. If you are interested in making your own dont hesitate to check out the build and/or hit me up on AIM (SavageW26)

enjoy