PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: December '08 "Open Class" COTM:

Donziikid
11-18-2008, 09:59 PM
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!From the Xmodsource Moderating Staff.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/Donziikid/Xmodsource/XMSChristmasCOTMxmodonly.png

In honor of the season, Xmodsource Staff is offering a special "Open Class" Car of the Month competition for the month of December. We are announcing this Car of the Month early in order for you to get to work on your custom Xmod! Since this is the season of giving, Xmodsource Staff is also glad to announce that the prize for this Car of the Month will be a New In Box GenIII Xmod EVO!

You have the rest of the month of November and a majority of the month of December to get together what you see as your best custom Xmod. Be sure to put your heart and soul into this Xmod to insure you'll win that prize!

All rules and regulations will be announced on December 1st.

Cheers and good luck,
Kyle and the Xmodsource Moderating Staff.

SPR
11-18-2008, 11:02 PM
you guys just have to temp me into starting yet another project dontcha? haha.

im looking forward too it! i got something planned :) awesome idea!

I got some NIB upgrades coming in a huge xmod lot i bought. lots that will work on the Gen3's. Id gladley donate to the winner so not only would they get a Brand new Car, They would get a brand new upgraded car! PM me if this is cool!

lol
11-18-2008, 11:15 PM
hmm. i think ima enter mah lancer after it gets done.

KITT222
11-18-2008, 11:31 PM
dang! i got a good entry, 1 is in-the-making, and one is still in hte blueprint phase!

snowboi1289
11-19-2008, 03:02 AM
Would there be a posibility of members here donating more prizes, because its near christmas and all. I would like to donate a couple things, if thats alright.

adamcrawls
11-19-2008, 06:51 AM
yes!, i hope my touring truck gets done.....

lupinechaos
11-19-2008, 12:59 PM
just started on mine oh well! hope i can make it in :-)

xmodkidd33
11-19-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm in, hopefully my [Secret project] will be done.

TheB1GDude
11-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Do the members have anything against staff entering??

I want to assure you that we will keep this honest and fair and go off of what the poll results show but before even suggesting that I have a car to submit I wanted to let you all have your say on how you felt about us??

snowboi1289
11-19-2008, 04:03 PM
I have no problem with any staff entering at all.

But what I need to know is, can we donate prizes ?? I think it will be better than just a brand new xmod that just came out. I think I can donate a bk for the transformer.

wadethejuggalo
11-19-2008, 04:09 PM
yeah no problem here with staff entering

i will be starting my prokect (if i can find the stupid can of bondo:lol:)

fieldfairy2
11-19-2008, 04:14 PM
I got one car to enter and possibly something else instead.(redsxmodder, you know:D :bigwink:, shhhh, it's a secret). Have fun and good luck to who ever wins. as for the donations i think that would be good(i have nothing to donate though :cry:) maybe for 2nd and 3rd places.

WhiteMKIV
11-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I guess ill throw in my supra........yeah again lol

TheB1GDude
11-19-2008, 04:38 PM
I'll leave the final decision on donations to Donzii but personally I don't think anyone will complain about getting a brand new XMOD plus a few upgrades for it.....

SPR
11-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Well someone keep me in touch, i should have a NIB, Steering and suspension, awd, and light kits, and a wheel kit i can throw in. (i think someone said the motor kits are different now?) but i should have of those two though if they are the same. Ill gladly send em all to the winner!

79gs1000
11-19-2008, 05:26 PM
how long do you have to be a member befor your eligable for competitions??

Donziikid
11-19-2008, 05:28 PM
I'll leave the final decision on donations to Donzii but personally I don't think anyone will complain about getting a brand new XMOD plus a few upgrades for it.....

If all members who wish to make a donation would contact me via Private Message, that would be awesome! ;)

how long do you have to be a member befor your eligable for competitions??

Your answer is in the first post's picture. Again, all official rules and requirements will be posted on the 1st of December.

snowboi1289
11-19-2008, 05:51 PM
I think it would be a good thing for a couple of people that are willing to donate a couple or a thing to the person who wins this. I highly doubt I would win, but I still might enter.

adamcrawls
11-19-2008, 06:01 PM
No problem with staff entering, gives us more competition

Stampedekid
11-19-2008, 06:02 PM
No possible way I'm gonna win. I don't celebrate Christmas because I'm.....not Cathiloc(Christian?) I'm......not sure if the XMS staff will let me say it so I'll leave it at that. Gen 3 XMOD, I'll enter and try to win but something will go horribly wrong lol.

theoriganalRiD3R1967
11-19-2008, 06:38 PM
So when you say all xmods elgible, that means no mini'zs micro-t etc. right?
just for clarification
(btw @donizikid, nice work on the banner/pic in you first post,simple but eye catchingand very seasonal)

Donziikid
11-19-2008, 06:50 PM
So when you say all xmods elgible, that means no mini'zs micro-t etc. right?
just for clarification
(btw @donizikid, nice work on the banner/pic in you first post,simple but eye catchingand very seasonal)

That's correct. Xmods only. No MiniZ, MicroT or other 1:28th scale knock off allowed.

And, thanks. :) It's amazing what fifteen minutes on GIMP will produce.

youngxmodder
11-19-2008, 07:56 PM
awesome time to pull out my recent project, (project still a blur):p

pwned12355
11-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Do the members have anything against staff entering??

I want to assure you that we will keep this honest and fair and go off of what the poll results show but before even suggesting that I have a car to submit I wanted to let you all have your say on how you felt about us??

i think its not fair cuz u like invented the world of custom mods (well to me anyways)
im just joking i think it would be cool to see you pull something holiday-ish
i only say "holiday" cuz im jewish but not up tight about so dont get any ideas that im crazy when ppl say merry chrismas

omg i almost double posted but double posting is baaad!!!
ok so my post would have been:
i bought a painted shell from a person her and was wondering if it was alowed for me to use that shell since technicly it isnt my custom work but it is custom
any thoughts?

imnotmikal
11-19-2008, 09:04 PM
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

"I've been wanting to say this for years now. Screw you, it's Merry Christmas!"
Lol, I just watched Jeff Dunham's Very Special Christmas Special.
Sorry if that offended anyone.

Donzii, after quoting that phrase, I realize, you have entirely too much time on your hands, with all those color tags and what not. :lol:
And why red and blue? The holidays are red and green. Everyone knows that.

Anyway, I have a project thats been going on for quite a while.
Some of you may remember, most do not. I have gone a completely different direction with it, and have missed quite a few competitions because of it.
:)

It won't be "done" by December 31, as a project is never done.
But it should be "done" enough by then.

Good luck to everyone.

P.S.- I have no problem with mods entering, I mean, the winner is decided by members voting, right? If member's vote for the winner, anyone and everyone should enter.

Donziikid
11-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Donzii, after quoting that phrase, I realize, you have entirely too much time on your hands, with all those color tags and what not. :lol:
And why red and blue? The holidays are red and green. Everyone knows that.

Crap! Wrong HTML Color Code... Thanks for catching that, INM. I totally didn't see that. Should be fixed shortly. :)

pwned12355
11-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Crap! Wrong HTML Color Code... Thanks for catching that, INM. I totally didn't see that. Should be fixed shortly. :)

you gunna answer my qustion???
plzzz

Donziikid
11-19-2008, 10:19 PM
you gunna answer my qustion???
plzzz

Please wait for the entry thread to be opened for all rules and requirements. ;)

pwned12355
11-19-2008, 10:29 PM
sorry my bad i must have skipped that part

SPR
11-19-2008, 10:33 PM
looks much better donzii!

TheMostKnownUnknownMarine
11-22-2008, 05:41 AM
sooo.. i was thinking.. i have a wonderfully full box of wonderful evo parts. new.. and (for the recognition of course) i'd like to donate a lot of stuff. just let me knoooow. i'll let whoever is in charge of this know what i have exactly and sort out the numbie of it. k so let me know in a PM please!!!!!!! :D

Donziikid
11-22-2008, 12:13 PM
If all members who wish to make a donation would contact me via Private Message, that would be awesome! ;)

sooo.. i was thinking.. i have a wonderfully full box of wonderful evo parts. new.. and (for the recognition of course) i'd like to donate a lot of stuff. just let me knoooow. i'll let whoever is in charge of this know what i have exactly and sort out the numbie of it. k so let me know in a PM please!!!!!!! :D

I am the one in charge of Car of the Months. All Private Messages about questions, donations and anything else can be directed toward me for answering.

SPR
11-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Edit.

Never mind im sick in the head. I bought another body.

To all my competition...... I blame you. and you all owe me 30 bucks.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
11-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Please wait for the entry thread to be opened for all rules and requirements. ;)

When will the thread opening. I have a project to enter. Also I PM'd about donations but haven't heard back.

kendallcschm
11-26-2008, 08:00 AM
No possible way I'm gonna win. I don't celebrate Christmas because I'm.....not Cathiloc(Christian?) I'm......not sure if the XMS staff will let me say it so I'll leave it at that. Gen 3 XMOD, I'll enter and try to win but something will go horribly wrong lol.

lol im atheist.... and im gunna enter my mustang or the vette that i completely custom built..... good luck to all.... ill probably lose but it will be fun to attempt... how do i enter a car in this contest?

Stampedekid
11-26-2008, 09:12 AM
lol im atheist.... and im gunna enter my mustang or the vette that i completely custom built..... good luck to all.... ill probably lose but it will be fun to attempt... how do i enter a car in this contest?

Well...I need to paint some stars on one of my XMODs 'cause I am Jewish. I wish it was other RC's included too because I have some cool plans for my other RC's. Oh well.

Donziikid
11-26-2008, 11:25 AM
When will the thread opening. I have a project to enter. Also I PM'd about donations but haven't heard back.

The official discussion and entry threads will be opened on December 1st.

how do i enter a car in this contest?

Via the entry thread. It will be explained further in that thread which will be public on December 1st.

I wish it was other RC's included too because I have some cool plans for my other RC's. Oh well.

Since the prize is of higher value, we decided to keep this an Xmods only competition. This will widen the scope of available people to enter because, well, who doesn't own an Xmod on this site? :lol:

Again, let us all please remember that absolutly no political or religious discussion is allowed on the boards. Please refrain from discussing these two topics unless otherwise noted by a Xmodsource Staff Member.

kendallcschm
11-26-2008, 07:06 PM
ok thanks...

XMDrifter
11-26-2008, 10:33 PM
i'll enter this time
time to get the ball rolling.

snowboi1289
11-26-2008, 10:38 PM
I think everybody should not tell what there goign to enter, because if you tell everybody, then they will try to make it better than your car, and they may even win. That wanted to say that.

I really dont think this compitition will ever stop, I think everybody will just keep talking about it.

XMDrifter
11-27-2008, 09:14 PM
thanks snowboi. i just thought of that and edited my post lol.
they'll probably be able to find out what i'm entering anyways.

snowboi1289
11-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Your welcome.

Everybody I'm entering the new skyline!!!!, lol. There is no new skyline that is an xmod.

123Vette
12-02-2008, 12:43 PM
when this thing getting started?

SPR
12-02-2008, 12:51 PM
yeah what happened to december 1st!

Sweed
12-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Can I enter a car that I later sold (to B1G), but was mine?
I think I entered it once, but never won.

lupinechaos
12-02-2008, 02:53 PM
yeah what happened to december 1st!

i agree i havent seen anything today but i dont even know where we are supposed to post our entires?

kendallcschm
12-02-2008, 02:58 PM
make new posts i think and what is the max amount of entries...

lupinechaos
12-02-2008, 03:42 PM

thanks for that

Donziikid
12-02-2008, 05:04 PM
December '08 COTM Entry Thread (http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15086) has been announced and is now welcoming all entrants! :)

Please remember to pose all questions and make all discussion here in the discussion thread, not the entry thread.

Cheers,
Kyle.

i agree i havent seen anything today but i dont even know where we are supposed to post our entires?

Announced just a short while ago. Entries are made in the entry thread posted above. You make a post with the required criteria, which can be found in the entry thread.

There is no maximum amount of members allowed into the December '08 Xmodsouce COTM.

fieldfairy2
12-02-2008, 06:04 PM
2b. A minimum of four pictures are required. A maximum of seven pictures is allowed. One of these pictures must include the following: your Xmodsource handle/screen name and a picture of the fully functional chassis.

What is the handle/screen name? Do we have to have a picture with our screen name painted on it(ms paint)? That part doesn't make sense to me. Everything else sounds good. glad to see it is a Vette. My rs doesn't carry them.

123Vette
12-02-2008, 06:05 PM
im gunna go with yes but i dont wanna post one tilli get the ok because its not in the rules but are videos allowed? its fine if it counts as one of the seven pictures

XMDrifter
12-02-2008, 06:08 PM
i think the handle/screen name is to prove that its your xmod.

fieldfairy2
12-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Ok then. I will post my car up soon. I am going to wait for the okay too.

SPR
12-02-2008, 06:15 PM
it means take a piece of paper. Fold it in half, write "FieldFairy2" on it. Prop it up in a Triangle shape by your car. and take a picture. its to prove its your car, and in your current possestion.

fieldfairy2
12-02-2008, 06:28 PM
I thought it might be that... Thanks Spr and Xmdrifter, 123vette too.I'll just wait for donzii or a mod to confirm we have to and i'll upload a pic.

SPR
12-02-2008, 06:43 PM
no problem, you guys are making me jellous entering your cars already. i havnt even got my body nor chassis yet to even start building!!

123Vette
12-02-2008, 07:04 PM
haha come on SPR get on top of things! lol

and nice enterys guys!

fieldfairy2
12-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks vette. you too and greenday(and everybody else who enters)

Spr: that's just too bad,lol. hope you get the car fixed and get the parts in time.(holiday mail stinks..)

Donziikid
12-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Videos do not count as one of your four minimum pictures. You must have four pictures; video is extra, but does not count as one of your extra pictures. We please ask that you have no more than seven pictures and no more than two videos posted within [IMG] brackets. Additional pictures supplied via a link is acceptable.

I thought it might be that... Thanks Spr and Xmdrifter, 123vette too.I'll just wait for donzii or a mod to confirm we have to and i'll upload a pic.

They are correct, that is what we would like to see. This proves that the car is indeed yours and still in your possession.

Thank you for posing the question. I will edit the rules to be more precise on what I actually mean.

Cheers,
Kyle.

SPR
12-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks vette. you too and greenday(and everybody else who enters)

Spr: that's just too bad,lol. hope you get the car fixed and get the parts in time.(holiday mail stinks..)

different car.... im not entering the rally car, its not show quality. or win quality.

haha come on SPR get on top of things! lol

and nice enterys guys!

not my fault! my body left new york last night, hopefully it will be here in a couple days.

my chassis i thought was going to be here monday. didnt show up today either.... getting mad...

fieldfairy2
12-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Ok thanks donzii, I will get a pic when i get the camera back(weekend?)

My bad Spr. too many to keep track(projects)

123Vette
12-02-2008, 09:01 PM
ahh i see spr well i hope you get it soon! i wanna see it!

imnotmikal
12-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Just pointing out that these are in violation of rules:

All entries: None have picture of XMS name, though 123Vette included a pic with his car.

Greenday: Only 3 pics. Minimum of 4.

To Donzii: According to the rules, FieldFairy2 doesn't need another pic. Min of 4, max of 7. He has 6. ;)

Just being a helpful citizen. :)

Donziikid
12-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Just pointing out that these are in violation of rules:

All entries: None have picture of XMS name, though 123Vette included a pic with his car.

Greenday: Only 3 pics. Minimum of 4.

To Donzii: According to the rules, FieldFairy2 doesn't need another pic. Min of 4, max of 7. He has 6. ;)

Just being a helpful citizen. :)

I was refering to the picture with his handle as the other picture he needs to post. :)

123Vette
12-02-2008, 09:28 PM
im working on it! its dark out if im gunna take i wanna take another good one in the sun!

XMDrifter
12-02-2008, 10:53 PM
do you happen to know what band the vette starter is on?

SPR
12-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Ok thanks donzii, I will get a pic when i get the camera back(weekend?)

My bad Spr. too many to keep track(projects)

lol i know. the one im entering in this hasnt really been announced yet.

ahh i see spr well i hope you get it soon! i wanna see it!

yeah im dying, i hate waiting for stuff from hong kong, it takes SOOOO LONG. when it said it hit new york today and left already i was excited just to know it finally made it state side lol.

youngxmodder
12-02-2008, 10:57 PM
All entries: None have picture of XMS name, though 123Vette included a pic with his car...

umm you can check again i posted mine up and i have one not to be mean or anything.

imnotmikal
12-03-2008, 03:29 PM
I posted at 9:06PM EST, you posted your entry at 9:52PM EST, so I wasn't referring to you as I hadn't seen yours yet.
:)

Donziikid
12-03-2008, 04:32 PM
do you happen to know what band the vette starter is on?

Of course, it is sitting next to me.. :lol: It's band 11. I would open it up to see what Mhz that is for ya, but we said NIB and it plans on staying that way unless no one is opposed to that idea and wants pictures of it before they get it. :)

Donziikid
12-03-2008, 04:42 PM
123Vette -- Still need a picture with your name.

Fieldfairy -- Still need a picture with your name.

GreenDay -- Still need a picture with your name.

Xmodzracer -- Still need a picture with your name.

YoungXmodder -- Awesome! Welcome to the competition! Thank you for listening to all directions stated in the first post! All pictures are there and you followed each direction. Just plain awesome! :)

TheB1GDude -- Still need a picture with your name.

Crawlin Duckies -- Awesome! Welcome to the competition! Thank you for following YoungXmodder's example by getting the required pictures and post correct the first time! :)

To those of you without a correct post the first time and those of you who will be entering: I am slightly perturbed by the fact that simple and explicit directions were given, yet were not followed. Please edit your posts as soon as possible in order to be considered elidgible for the Xmodsouce December Car of the Month.

Cheers,
Kyle.

fieldfairy2
12-03-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't have a camera at the moment. dad as the house camera and is out of town and my brothers camera i can't find. I will get one over the weekend when he comes back...Sorry. That is mt ASAP.

TheB1GDude
12-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Erm.... ok! Will get on that ASAP Donzii!!!

Donziikid
12-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Thank you to the both of your for your understanding and cooperation. :)

Cheers,
Kyle.

kendallcschm
12-03-2008, 05:22 PM
123Vette -- Still need a picture with your name.

Fieldfairy -- Still need a picture with your name.

GreenDay -- Still need a picture with your name.

Xmodzracer -- Still need a picture with your name.

YoungXmodder -- Awesome! Welcome to the competition! Thank you for listening to all directions stated in the first post! All pictures are there and you followed each direction. Just plain awesome! :)

TheB1GDude -- Still need a picture with your name.

Kendallcschm -- still need to enter

Crawlin Duckies -- Awesome! Welcome to the competition! Thank you for following YoungXmodder's example by getting the required pictures and post correct the first time! :)

Cheers,
Kyle.

lol i will enter soon... i just need to paint the stang... i might enter my titan if i can finish it in time :-)

XMDrifter
12-03-2008, 05:35 PM
mine's prolly gonna be entered later.

TheB1GDude
12-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Donzii... is that sufficient??

Donziikid
12-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Donzii... is that sufficient??

:lol: No.

It needs to be hand written and placed on a piece of paper; not cropped in after the fact.

TheB1GDude
12-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Wow you are one strict competition administrator.... but tomorrow I promise you will have what you need..... :)

firebird999
12-04-2008, 06:01 PM
i'll be entering. ever see an '09 muscle car in a demolition derby? you will soon :)

kendallcschm
12-04-2008, 06:37 PM
OMG do not put a muscle car in a demolition derby!!

firebird999
12-04-2008, 06:40 PM
too late. paint is done. just gonna upgrade it a little and that's that.

also, have you ever seen a derby without a muscle car? seriously...

crawlin duckies
12-04-2008, 06:41 PM
i think i would cry if you beat up the the 09 camaro!!!!:(

firebird999
12-04-2008, 06:48 PM
09 camaro= one of the worst xmod body designs ever. i understand it's your opinion, but what's done is done. maybe i'll even get a gtr out of it.

crawlin duckies
12-04-2008, 06:50 PM
09 camaro= one of the worst xmod body designs ever. i understand it's your opinion, but what's done is done. maybe i'll even get a gtr out of it.

yea... but an 09.. eh at least it isnt mine... im actually pretty stoke to see what it looks like.. and i wanna wish you all the best of luck.. some good lookin cars so far

firebird999
12-04-2008, 07:02 PM
here's a hint: picture a demo derby car just as it enters the arena, but less shiny and in mint condition. that's where she sits now.

SPR
12-04-2008, 07:54 PM
i'll be entering. ever see an '09 muscle car in a demolition derby? you will soon :)

technially its not a muscle car. muscle died out in the 60's and 70's. now days they are "sports cars" :p

and i dont think ive ever seen a muscle car in a demolition derby. and ive been to quite a few. most the time its old 1980's solid steel boats and grocery wagons.

firebird999
12-04-2008, 09:50 PM
yeah, but they're mostly from the muscle car era. you'll see one or two every now and them. more often its the big bulky ones, you'll never see a mustang or camaro in one.

123Vette
12-04-2008, 09:52 PM
ahh donzii ill get on asap! my mom stole her camera back and i gotta get it back again lol

fieldfairy2
12-06-2008, 01:23 PM
I fixed my post! Got the camera back. Hope it is good.

SPR
12-06-2008, 04:09 PM
yeah, but they're mostly from the muscle car era. you'll see one or two every now and them. more often its the big bulky ones, you'll never see a mustang or camaro in one.

if i ever saw a 60's or 70's camaro out there, i would risk death to go punch that drive in the face. mustang... well id let it die lol.

texan_idiot25
12-06-2008, 07:36 PM
SPR has my vote ATM.

If a CERTAIN SOMEONE WOULD SET UP HIS PAYPAL ACOUNT I'd have a car possibly ready. :(

SPR
12-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks Texan.

Offtopic, your new sig pic is badass!

texan_idiot25
12-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks Texan.

Offtopic, your new sig pic is badass!
YtDfkPutrhM
Need to do it longer, but was starting to get a crowd. :uhoh:

Donziikid
12-06-2008, 08:45 PM
SPR -- It counts for now and gets me off your case a little bit, but I still need to see a handwritten name on a blank sheet of paper. Can't bend the rules just for one person, ya' know? Welcome to the competition and get me that picture when you have a chance. :)

B1G -- Thank you for the updated picture! :) Welcome to the competition.

Fieldfairy2 -- Thank you for the updated picture! :) Welcome to the competition.

Cheers,
Kyle.

SPR
12-06-2008, 08:54 PM
lol fine. ill go buy some new pens!

just noticed i forgot my chassis shot and mods list. My appologise, i will have that up tonight. Im just putting the finishing touches on my chassis right now.

FloydfanYodaman
12-06-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm hoping to toss my hat into the ring...all-be-it probably closer to the 31st :uhoh: but i'll throw out a hint...should only take about 6 seconds;) ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Vw402IaII

kendallcschm
12-07-2008, 10:54 AM
so your going to make the mad max mustang police car?

TheB1GDude
12-07-2008, 01:10 PM
OK guys and gals I've replaced my photos with (hopefully) some better ones.... maybe now I'll be able to snag a few more votes :)

123Vette
12-07-2008, 04:22 PM
got my new picture up with my name finally!

Donziikid
12-07-2008, 07:48 PM
B1G -- You had ten pictures between [IMG] brackets, I have lowed it to seven in [IMG] brackets to comply with the rules. Thank you for the updated picture with your name.

SPR -- Thank you for the updated picture with your name in your handwritting.

Donziikid
12-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Mustang-04 -- Welcome to the competition and good luck!

Merc3des -- Welcome to the competition and good luck!

Thank you to both of you for having a perfect entry post the first time through. :)

firebird999
12-12-2008, 08:58 PM
shoot, i may possibly be out. i can't find my camera. not that the car's done, but i'll still need it eventually.

adamcrawls
12-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Well i was going to enter, but then i started a scout project :P

firebird999
12-14-2008, 04:05 PM
any chance of having the due date moved to early january, like the 5th or 6th? i may getting a new camera shortly after christmas, and i think 10mp resolution would be better to look at than 7, if you'd be kind enough to wait.

Donziikid
12-14-2008, 04:25 PM
any chance of having the due date moved to early january, like the 5th or 6th? i may getting a new camera shortly after christmas, and i think 10mp resolution would be better to look at than 7, if you'd be kind enough to wait.

Due date is set in stone for the 31st of December unless something significant happens/changes.

By the way, at a 480x600 pixel size, the megapixel jump from seven to eight will not have that large of an impact, if any at all. ;)

SPR
12-14-2008, 04:41 PM

like donzii, said, by the time you scale it down to fit in the forum tables, there will be no effect what so ever between a 7mp and 10 mp. i can take photos with my point and shoot 5mp camera, and take the same picture with my $800 digital SLR 10MP, and it will look virtually the same by the time i scale it down and upload it, and post it on the forums.

mustang-04
12-14-2008, 04:45 PM
hey firebird999, i took mine with a cheapo $80 walmart 2mp camera haha ..

its all about having fun m8, post it up :)

Shallows
12-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Looks like I will be entering, If I can get my parts for my car before the end of the month. Lmao I don't post here too often, I should probably try to post more.

Peace,
Shallows

SPR
12-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Justed wanted to be the first to announce, I have donated a NIB: AWD kit, CLL Kit, Suspension Kit, and a $10 Dollar Gift Certificate to Xmodspr.net to go with the brand new Gen3 corvette the XMS Team has generously Donated to the Winner of this competition!

So you now have that much more to compete for!

XMDrifter
12-14-2008, 11:28 PM
what generation kits? evo or gen1?

SPR
12-14-2008, 11:51 PM
why would i donate gen 1 kits for a evo car?.............................

Donziikid
12-15-2008, 10:48 AM
why would i donate gen 1 kits for a evo car?.............................

Prizes will not be bundled together for one large donation towards first place. Your donations will more than likely go to the second or third place winner. The grand prize (first place) is the Xmods GenIII Corvette Xmod.

SPR
12-15-2008, 12:12 PM
ahh i didnt know thats how it was working or i woulda thrown in other stuff. durn it!

XMDrifter
12-15-2008, 12:55 PM
lol
i was hoping there'd be a gen1 awd kit...
my gymkhana might need a new front diff and center gears...

SPR
12-15-2008, 04:36 PM
i just had one for sale! wish i woulda known you needed it, sold it for 20 bucks! if i get another ill PM ya

XMDrifter
12-16-2008, 11:18 AM
i just had one for sale! wish i woulda known you needed it, sold it for 20 bucks! if i get another ill PM ya

no need to do that. i can prolly manage.

Donziikid
12-19-2008, 02:33 PM
http://i.pbase.com/o4/08/685408/1/64917637.z6WTOgjO.bump.gif

I'd like to see more entries, please. Do remember that there are a few prizes up for grabs this COTM due to very generous members. :D

Cheers,
Kyle.

zippo855
12-19-2008, 02:39 PM
i should be finishing my entry this weekend and i'll get it in there:)

FloydfanYodaman
12-19-2008, 10:40 PM
mother nature is kicking my butt right now but i will do my best to beat the impending deadline...

SPR
12-19-2008, 10:48 PM
mother nature is kicking my butt right now but i will do my best to beat the impending deadline...

you have a fan in your bathroom? turn it on, and let the paint fumes fly. close the dooor... and keep it closed... maybe open the window... but in the winter that might not be a good idea. drastic times call for drastic measures. lol

Donziikid
12-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Only a couple more days!!! :)

Cheers,
Kyle.

Camaro98
12-29-2008, 02:10 AM
I'm entering my '58 Belvedere "Christine" clone

c1v1c
12-29-2008, 02:14 AM
Entered my old school fairlady:nod:

Donziikid
12-29-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm very pleased with the turn out, gentlemen. Let's see if we can get a few more! :)

Cheers,
Kyle.

SPR
12-29-2008, 06:07 PM
voting is going to be sooo hard! therse to many nice cars to choose from lol. therse like 6 im tossed between right now. i htink im gonna draw a number haha

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
12-29-2008, 06:55 PM
voting is going to be sooo hard! therse to many nice cars to choose from lol. therse like 6 im tossed between right now. i htink im gonna draw a number haha

Yeah there is a bunch of nice cars. I like the XXRay, JK LOL. I won't vote for myself so Im undecided right now between 2 that I narrowed down from 4. I am curious about what next months will be so I can start another build going.

Donziikid
12-29-2008, 06:59 PM
I am curious about what next months will be so I can start another build going.

We're leaning towards Muscle Car themed at the moment, but that could change rather quickly, so don't quote me on it. ;)

SPR
12-29-2008, 07:15 PM
We're leaning towards Muscle Car themed at the moment, but that could change rather quickly, so don't quote me on it. ;)

quoted ;)

Donziikid
12-29-2008, 07:17 PM
quoted ;)

I had a feeling someone was gunna be a smart-arse. :p

SPR
12-29-2008, 07:33 PM
i couldnt help my self! haha

i say boo one the muscle car theme! only because i dont have one to enter :P

crawlin duckies
12-29-2008, 07:36 PM
i second the muscle theme. :D got a couple of cars i could chose from to enter

blue504life
12-29-2008, 07:45 PM
muscle car, cant wait, thats all i have

is a chassis shot required if its completly stock?

Donziikid
12-29-2008, 07:50 PM
is a chassis shot required if its completly stock?

A chassis shot is required no matter what. Thanks.

Cheers,
Kyle.

blue504life
12-29-2008, 08:04 PM
A chassis shot is required no matter what. Thanks.

Cheers,
Kyle.

alright ill get right on that,

Camaro98
12-29-2008, 10:40 PM
Muscle car, huh? Hmmm...I've got one of those on the drawing board right now, actually...:D

firebird999
12-29-2008, 10:42 PM
muscle car? crap, my best one is in this comp...

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
12-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Muscle car theme is good. Ill wait till it's official.

kendallcschm
12-30-2008, 06:31 AM
yes a muscle car theme is very good... im working on my classic 1965 mustang... hehehehe....as you can all clearly see from my sig :p

Donziikid
12-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Greenday -- You need one more picture in order to be legal. You also need at least one picture of the chassis as well as one picture with your name written legibly on a piece of paper. Failure to get these by 9:00PM EST time will result in the pulling of your entry.

Shallows – Your in need of another picture with your name written legibly on a piece of paper. Failure to get this picture by 9:00PM EST time will result in the pulling of your entry.

Everyone else is a-o.k. Any last minute entries need to be 100% completed and 100% correct by 9:00PM EST. Last minute entries are not acceptable.

Cheers,
Kyle.

xmodkidd33
12-31-2008, 12:48 PM
My entry's in.

taiwanesekid05
12-31-2008, 03:09 PM
Entered Spidey for fun :D

kendallcschm
12-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Keep it on topic.

so the COTM ends at 9:00PM?

Donziikid
12-31-2008, 04:06 PM
All entries MUST be in by 9:00PM EST.

Blackdragon
12-31-2008, 08:05 PM
I wanted to enter a custom built body but shipping got screwed up so I just used an extra body on the chassis I was planning to enter anyway. Anyway good luck to all and happy new year.

taiwanesekid05
12-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Hmm... It's over now, exactly 19 minutes ago...