PDA

View Full Version : Question on Servos

youngxmodder
11-17-2008, 01:11 PM
hi there i was wondering what is the best servo for a rock crawler. i know ive seen people run the hitec hs- 55s are there any other good cheap ones. i want to know before i buy one so i dont waste money. any help would be grateful.

GearHeadV8
11-17-2008, 02:28 PM
diy made some really great drop ins but he is out of stock. other wise use a hs-55 it is a micro servo and is really good. or you could wait for diy to get more drop ins in stock cause the servo you have to mod the cradle and then you cant use the stock motor in it. so if you do want to use the servo i would recomend trying your hand at a glue free mount so if it burns out you can swap it with out having to rip it off and reglue it.

zippo855
11-17-2008, 02:39 PM
everyone has their own opinions on which one works best. the d.i.y. crawler motor is an amazing motor. i think its worth the 35 dollar price tag that was on them, but some dont.
for a servo personally i would look into the hs81. i used that one on the first crawler i did. and i had no issues at all with it. the only reason i pulled it off was to put the d.i.y. drop in crawler motor into it. i have heard a lot of people say they have issues with the hs55. i have a ton of hours on my hs81 and no problems.

youngxmodder
11-17-2008, 09:23 PM
diy made some really great drop ins but he is out of stock. other wise use a hs-55 it is a micro servo and is really good. or you could wait for diy to get more drop ins in stock cause the servo you have to mod the cradle and then you cant use the stock motor in it. so if you do want to use the servo i would recomend trying your hand at a glue free mount so if it burns out you can swap it with out having to rip it off and reglue it. yea i heard that diy made some but when ever i look to see if they have any there always out. i have been trying to get my hands on one for awhile. but since i can't get my hands on one ill have to do with servos for now.

everyone has their own opinions on which one works best. the d.i.y. crawler motor is an amazing motor. i think its worth the 35 dollar price tag that was on them, but some dont.
for a servo personally i would look into the hs81. i used that one on the first crawler i did. and i had no issues at all with it. the only reason i pulled it off was to put the d.i.y. drop in crawler motor into it. i have heard a lot of people say they have issues with the hs55. i have a ton of hours on my hs81 and no problems. yea i know there amazing but i really don't want to spend that much. and for the hs81 do you still have it? if you do would you consider selling it? and do you have any pictures of it mounted on the chassis?