PDA

View Full Version : Clean, simple, Mustang GT

diymod
11-16-2008, 12:15 PM
I found an unused Mustang GT body and couldn't resist to try it with my new front mount system I am working on.
Mostly a parts bin car; it sports adjustable front mount system for correct body ride height, Xmods Race suspension, sealed bearings, and Scion rims.
Power is PN Racing Fet stock motor, 20g motor wires soldered directly to board, and power switch bypass. These simple mods really increase speed and handling. Hope you like!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MJMxrlzYjUc/SSBTHpSgl8I/AAAAAAAAARA/P3JK3mi3QxU/s320/mustang+new+lower+front+mount+system+test+web.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MJMxrlzYjUc/SSBTHCTZ9hI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/Dd0JuRJ6CFc/s320/mustang+new+lower+front+mount+system+test2+web.jpg

TheHNIC08
11-16-2008, 01:28 PM
It's the simple mods that stand out the most sometimes. Being a Mustang guy myself, I can appreciate what you've done with the ride height. From the pics I can't tell if you painted the rims or not. Maybe spray em black or gun metal and that's all she wrote.

mustang-04
11-16-2008, 10:06 PM
nice.. i keep all my xmods in origanly shine as well.

SPR
11-16-2008, 10:26 PM
gotta say ill give you more probs than ill give most anyone on here custom building xmods now days! id rather see it super clean and stock that custom and butchered! Very nice job! love the simplicity of it.

Tmaxxn3
11-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Beautiful..

AJB32690
11-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Very attractive. Sometimes Id rather see something clean like this versus something like the RSX/Hummer thing that another member is building.

Care to explain the front mount a little? I'm curious.

supra_lover95
11-17-2008, 12:14 PM
i like what you did with it, it looks really nice. i'm gonna do te same thing with my vette that my brother got me for my birthday.

diymod
11-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Thanks to everyone for being so gracious! I like all the projects I see, but I always find the "clean" car the most interesting. I really don't have painting skills so I stick to stock bodies or other premade mini-z examples. I like to make simple fast cars.

The front mount is really a "work in progress" when I get some more $ to have more parts laser cut. Basically it is a base plate with shims for height adjustment and a few different "tongues" that will adjust to the different snouts on the variety of bodies out there. Sorry, but no pics yet, when I have a more production ready example I will take some pics and post them.

Skv012a
11-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Metallic colors need nothing else, they're a beuties of their own.