PDA

View Full Version : Rim question

CJModder
11-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Right guys, just a quick question,

What's the biggest scale size of model rims that I would be able to fit to my RSX without major arch work?

And to clarify, I mean like 17" in 1/24 scale, for example.

Thanks, Court

Bugeye subie
11-09-2008, 08:15 PM
I dont think anyones really taken the time too figure it out, I think some xmods wheelbases are different then others.

just put it like this, A slammed rim is problay, Most likely the biggest you could fit, if you even could, Just use that as comparision, Or measure your wheelbase, and then When you look at other rims, Measure them.,

CJModder
11-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks for that :)

Bugeye subie
11-10-2008, 07:23 PM
no problem, If you need it enough, I could do the math, It would take alittle but I could, Just Pm me or something if you need too know.

SPR
11-10-2008, 07:28 PM
doing the math isnt going to get you teh answer your looking for. Because scales vary between every company. They are never 100% perfect. So what might be a 18" wheel to one company is going to be a 17" wheel to another. even at that i highly doubt they scale the wheels, they probably only scale the body and put wheels on there that fit. no scaling math invovled would be my guess. that would just cost more in designing, and your goal is to build these as cheap as possible.

Slammed wheels fit on most xmod cars. but not all, and i think all cars that can run them require trimming on the body so you dont rub.

Basically anything you can find in 1/28th scale SHOULD fit. if its bigger than a slammed wheel though, dont bother unless its going on a lifted truck with the over sized swampers.

Bugeye subie
11-10-2008, 07:30 PM
doing the math isnt going to get you teh answer your looking for. Because scales vary between every company. They are never 100% perfect. So what might be a 18" wheel to one company is going to be a 17" wheel to another. even at that i highly doubt they scale the wheels, they probably only scale the body and put wheels on there that fit. no scaling math invovled would be my guess. that would just cost more in designing, and your goal is to build these as cheap as possible.

Slammed wheels fit on most xmod cars. but not all, and i think all cars that can run them require trimming on the body so you dont rub.

Basically anything you can find in 1/28th scale SHOULD fit. if its bigger than a slammed wheel though, dont bother unless its going on a lifted truck with the over sized swampers.

Yeah when I say slammed wont fit, I mean cause itll rub the body and chassis.

And SPR is correct, Most 1/28th scale Rims / Tires should fit, But may not, So becareful, and question / Test before you buy.