PDA

View Full Version : Help! RS Flash Tron II Trouble

F-100CuStOmCaB
11-06-2008, 09:00 PM
OK, so I am trying to fix this car for someone but he said that if I can't it's no big deal.

So heres what's wrong with it, it doesn't go forward, did go backwards for me but just messed around with it again and now it doesn't even do that. And then I noticed that some times the steering would turn one way without even touching the remote and it will keep it turned the one way for a few seconds and center out.

Also when I pull the trigger for it to go forward all it does is click.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong?

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn279/messy_guyz/Other%20RC/5370.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn279/messy_guyz/Other%20RC/5371.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn279/messy_guyz/Other%20RC/5372.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn279/messy_guyz/Other%20RC/5373.jpg

TheB1GDude
11-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Wow!! You opened yourself up for a world of hurt by offering to look at this....

I'd say just take the easy route out and give it back :)

If you want to continue to try and troubleshoot it then I would suggest:

1. Connect the battery directly to the motor and make sure it turns.

2. Start with the gears and axles, stripe them down, make sure nothing is rubbing, lube it all up.

3. Check the board for any obvious broken wires.

From the pictures this thing doesn't exactly look hobby grade so unless you can find a circuit diagram of the board you aren't really going to be able to do much with it.

Not really sure what else to suggest.

F-100CuStOmCaB
11-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Wow!! You opened yourself up for a world of hurt by offering to look at this....

I'd say just take the easy route out and give it back :)

If you want to continue to try and troubleshoot it then I would suggest:

1. Connect the battery directly to the motor and make sure it turns.

2. Start with the gears and axles, stripe them down, make sure nothing is rubbing, lube it all up.

3. Check the board for any obvious broken wires.

From the pictures this thing doesn't exactly look hobby grade so unless you can find a circuit diagram of the board you aren't really going to be able to do much with it.

Not really sure what else to suggest.

Well I'm sure its somthing with the board because it acts funny and now it doesn't move. It did go in reverse just fine but I was just looking at it again to see if I could come up with any ideas then it wouldn't go in reverse.

If you think that it won't be fixed thats ok I said that I don't know what to do when it comes to electrical things but he said just take it and look at it see if at all you could happen to fix it.

My first thought was maybe something was shorting out because the board is covered with dirt but then again there is some type of wax coating all over it. I then thought maybe is to eliminate that problem. I don't know though, I have no clue what I am doing. No biggy ill just say i cant fix it.

TripleXmodder(akaXXX)
11-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Man that thing is probably better off in the trash, or rip it to shreds for parts.

F-100CuStOmCaB
11-09-2008, 09:21 PM
I figured form the start it was going to be more than i could handle but he insisted that i atleast look at. Well Ill give it back to him and say he can do what he wants with it and that it probly wont be able to be fixed.

I just thought maybe somone could tell me what it was and go from there. Thought I would ask I don't know it could have been somthing simple. I did check the wires of course and didn't notice anything. So every1 agree's garbage? Well thanx for the simplistic help to be quite honest that is exactly what I figured would happen.

amorton94
11-09-2008, 10:15 PM
i wouldn't say garbage, i'd say "PARTS BIN!" lol and possibly custom fab a new rc

badass_savage
11-09-2008, 11:52 PM
usually when u hear clicking has somthing to do with a dead bat u sure the battery Is any good? I have somehing similar to this it's the lighting I think if u really want it I can send u the board to it looks exactly the same.

F-100CuStOmCaB
11-11-2008, 09:22 PM
i wouldn't say garbage, i'd say "PARTS BIN!" lol and possibly custom fab a new rc

Well I wouldn't litteraly throw in the garbage, he might of said that I could have it if I can't get it going?

usually when u hear clicking has somthing to do with a dead bat u sure the battery Is any good? I have somehing similar to this it's the lighting I think if u really want it I can send u the board to it looks exactly the same.

Well I threw the bat. on the charger and then tried the car, it just clicked when I would try to make it go forward. So then I tried reverse and it seemed to go in reverse quite all right cruzed pretty good. I was messing around with it a second time and thought I would see how fast it could really go in reverse. So I put it in reverse then stopped and then could get anthing to happen again. I don't know maybe it its just frying itself LOL. Don't worry about sending a board I honestly don't think this car is really worth all the time and effort maybe for parts but fixing not to sure.

I just didn't have a clue as to what it may even be so didn't know if it would be somthing like solder this and that or you will have to find a new board and some other things. Just thought I would get an opinion on what is wrong.

I do appreciate all the comments Thanx:bigwink:

BART
11-11-2008, 09:33 PM
It wouldnt hurt to spray the board down with rubbing alcohol, scrub it with an old toothbrush, spray again and then bake it for a while with a hair dryer. That board looks like it's been plenty wet.

youngxmodder
11-11-2008, 09:54 PM
ouch your in for some pain my friend pulled me in to something like that and told me to look at it so i did... he left i looked at it and threw it away for him he asked what i did with it and i said nothing and handed him twenty bucks and told him im sorry. but it was crappy toy so i thought twenty would do it.